/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/mutants-model-pack-1-v10
dropbox.com/s/9tf2tb3kbszvuzo/33 New Artifacts for CoC 1.4.22 ENG translation?dl=0
lost-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ameba
youtube.com/watch?v=8XJAviN08Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=mIcTT4RFhZs
youtube.com/watch?v=r1ybXplBlgw
youtube.com/watch?v=r7OsxYpymbY
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi6z8ksMEr8
youtube.com/watch?v=4t8h_AJ0HFg
youtube.com/watch?v=r-BEoKNQhN8
youtube.com/watch?v=81E02ig2Slo
youtube.com/watch?v=7N7qxyNcqoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5J-HHaeK-k4
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/tark-for-coc-v1-0
youtube.com/watch?v=jtZ7YvTTvt4
mega.nz/#!1ARVxbzQ!ghGFtE6N99ayqklSClM07weoxMBeFh5b6JOP5IOgqp0
youtube.com/watch?v=WiS3fgqu0Po
mega.nz/#!ddgjkQYB!kdxPpXXAxSme71zG84oKnPs-4UpY88J3ylAioPd0ujs
youtube.com/watch?v=dH1bv9fAxiY
www35.zippyshare.com/v/OoCxzQgx/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

1st for big big titties

2nd for Monolith are brainwashed faggots

xMod translation when

So, I disabled the post processing effect when you get near radioactive dogs, but the Geiger counter doesn't sound.

Is there a way to get this working?

Been out for a month. What is xMod? Is it for CoC/CoM?

It never did

Fuck.

Ive been trying out some of the mutant model replacements for CoC any recommendations? I changed the controllers to what i believe is a model ripped from metro, pretty good, definitely scarier than a regular controller. I got a dog mod that changed the dogs into 3 new models, the zombie dogs look great but i dont like how one of the models looks like a healthy german shepard, i always feel bad shooting those. The boar mod is pretty good and they look a lot better but has no death animation, so in places like the merc base that get spammed with mutant attacks you always shit yourself over corpses thinking theyre alive. is there any decent bloodsucker or izlom/fracture replacements?

Someone hook me up with the gyate/ohayou seva suit image please.

I want to see this controller, I sort of hate the vanilla ones.

Also, just finished translating 33 New Artifacts for CoC, will give it a test run and see if it blows up the Zone or something.

which artefacts pack?

heres the pack, it gives you backup files if you dont like them, you can change 1 at a time. pic related is the controller.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/mutants-model-pack-1-v10

>Also, just finished translating 33 New Artifacts for CoC, will give it a test run and see if it blows up the Zone or something.

glad to see you in this thread user, interested to see the new artifacts.

No fucking clue. Some Russkie put it up on ap-pro.ru. I just translated it. All it does is add some new artifacts that presumably spawn in anomalies like they should.
Here's the link to my translation:
dropbox.com/s/9tf2tb3kbszvuzo/33 New Artifacts for CoC 1.4.22 ENG translation?dl=0

This one? lost-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ameba

Fuck those retarded fucking plants

Thanks for the link, but I hate that one even more than the vanilla one. Looks like a Resident Evil 2 monster,

If the player is so unfortunate as to trigger one of these, apart from the intense, life threatening bleeding that is received, the stats of the suit being worn are reduced to zero (100% degradation)

yeah fuck that thing.

i wish i could show you a better one, because i agree controllers should be the scariest things in the zone. That one looks like it would be a better bloodsucker model. its from metro btw, people are ripping a lot of models from that game to stalker now. I just want the huge mutant from frozen zone videos.

>compatability for the fucked up itemsoup on moddb

kek

None of those are from metro you dipshit

Frozen Zone?

I saw somebody ripped the nosalis or something. Looks decent, good texture work anyway. Not sure if it would fit with Stalker. All of the aftermarket mutants really suck. I'd love to put the Tark in, but it's soooo small. It's a fucking horse, it should be at least as tall as the player.

Is there a lore reason that zombified stalkers don't attack Monolith?

the description and a lot of the comments said it was. guess not. I did play the first metro but can barely remember it.

Since I will be leaving this place I will dump things from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Bonus CD.

Parts of this were once dumped on /v/ and I have never seen them posted in the general.
Posts will include videos,audio and pictures.

>youtube.com/watch?v=8XJAviN08Iw
>youtube.com/watch?v=mIcTT4RFhZs
>youtube.com/watch?v=r1ybXplBlgw
>youtube.com/watch?v=r7OsxYpymbY
>youtube.com/watch?v=Bi6z8ksMEr8
>youtube.com/watch?v=4t8h_AJ0HFg
>youtube.com/watch?v=r-BEoKNQhN8
>youtube.com/watch?v=81E02ig2Slo
>youtube.com/watch?v=7N7qxyNcqoQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=5J-HHaeK-k4

theres a tark mod already in CoC

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/tark-for-coc-v1-0

>So deadly that it crashes the game if you want to spawn it

Just use the shepard as a prop companion for a few other NPCs like Forester or something.

Check this guys channel, he's ripped loadsa models:
youtube.com/watch?v=jtZ7YvTTvt4

Team visits ground zero.

>Since I will be leaving this place

wh, what are you doing user?

Pretty sure that's the one I was saying was too small.

was there any truth to the user in the last thread talking about a functioning co-op mod? I always thought that was impossible.

i dont know anything about metro, care to tell us why a tark is something interesting?

>mega.nz/#!1ARVxbzQ!ghGFtE6N99ayqklSClM07weoxMBeFh5b6JOP5IOgqp0

Some marketing related stuff

I think this is press kit

It was one of the original monsters made for ShoC that never made it in. I believe it was a user created entry for their mutant contest, winner got their mutant in the game and some swag I guess. Winner was the snork.

Has no relation to Metro. The Tark concept art was a lot cooler than that model too.

What's the point of these autist collages, they don't even tell a story.

Cut content according to the folder.

Concept art

some nightmare fuel right here

Comparision

So apparently there is a way to increase grass distance described by some Russian fag in this video
youtube.com/watch?v=WiS3fgqu0Po
However, the site he linked to is down and I can't find anything else on how to increase it for SoC. Can you guys help me?

It's a console command.

I will dump the downloadable content from the site aka few wallpapers and some icon packs,banners,Winamp skin,and some .Mov files I dont know how to open in a separate link.

So I just realized that my Steam version of SoC uses English voices for the most part, even though it is set to Russian. And I can't seem to fucking find a voice replacement for it since most of the links are down by now. They only exist for CS and CoP.
Am I doomed to play the game with English voices? Fuck.

Sad how completely boring and bland the actual assets that made it into the game are compared to the concept art.

That shit reminds me a lot of the Stephen Gammell illustrations in the 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark' books.

AA 2.1 has the russian voices, so does OL 2.2. You should be able to copy over the voices from either.

That model is from Dying Light

>mega.nz/#!ddgjkQYB!kdxPpXXAxSme71zG84oKnPs-4UpY88J3ylAioPd0ujs

I plan to visit Pripyat and the CPP site later this year.
Does anyone know approximately when the new sarcophagus will cover the plant? I would hate to miss the only opportunity to ever see the old sarcophagus myself.

Check the repo

One of the repos in the area second post has all the languages

Umm..
user...

>sighs

youtube.com/watch?v=dH1bv9fAxiY

can openXray brings us a good community patch?

>Bouygues Travaux Publics
>Vinci Construction
huh, never would have thought that two French companies would have been involved in the construction of this

Damn, Oleg looks so young on that video...

He's talking about Ray of Hope, neverever.

>play AMK 1.4
>arrive to the bar
>no 'Get out of here, STALKER!'
>no 'I said come in, don't stand there'.'
what the fuck were they thinking?

>He's talking about Ray of Hope, neverever.

thought it was bullshit. Unless theres a new engine i'll keep hoping.

fug
I'm actually okay with this, I thought they were going to cover it completely, including the cooling tower. This looks pretty great desu

So I've been trying to use xrpatch to increase my grass draw distance in SoC. But I just can't get it to work no matter what.
Here's my folder with my dll:
www35.zippyshare.com/v/OoCxzQgx/file.html
Instruction jpg is included. I've followed everything to the letter but I'm still met with errors whenever I try to run it. When I run the batch file I'm getting messages about my system not being able to find the Perl script. Alright, then I just changed directories to the one with the Perl file since apparently Windows was looking for it in system32, but I'm getting something about not being able to open files.

I'm at my wit's end and I don't even know if I somehow fucked up my installation of ActivePerl or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't bother

>got that bug where an emission doesn't create the shelter task and just kills you on map travel

Does anyone know how to fix this?

being completley fucked in the middle of nowhere is how its supposed to work user

It's also only covering reactor #4. The rest of the exclusion Zone is staying the same way it is -- so you can visit Pripyat, Zaton, etc.

You picked a tourgroup yet? Me and the wife are considering going, wondering which tourgroup to take.

The problem is that the game does not create a "Seek shelter" mission, the Blowout passes with no ill effect, even if you are out in the open, and then when you travel to a new area your are "lost to the Zone" when the new map loads.

it's a feature.
did you tried going into shelter even without the mission thing showing up?

>25+ years later and the Soviet Union is still creating jobs

Yes, first time I loaded a quick save I had made at the beginning of the emission and took shelter, but the emission just kept on going, it never ended. Taking those emission pills seems to work, as in it gives me the completed mission for seeking shelter during a blowout. But I don't want to have to buy those pills every time. I guess I can just spawn them.

I haven't tested this issue much yet. I'll play around in the game a bit to see if I can get this sorted out.

So uh
Is a Legion of stalkers supposed to defend the barrier when you attack it as Monolith?
Sent about 50 members to take it and spent 1 in game day doing nothing but killing stalkers while waiting for backup from the Radar. Got 125+ kills myself but im sure there was more than 300+ casualties

Sound like what would really happen if Monolith tried to break through the barrier, everyone would defend it.

>look up Pripyat in Google maps
>pics were taken in summer
>all that fucking green everywhere and sunny sky

THAT'S NOT MY FUCKING ZONE

Yesterday I could play without trouble, today everything is fucked (I did not change something besides switching from DX11 to DX10 and after the first few crashes back to DX11)

intro_start game_loaded
* MEMORY USAGE: 590342 K
* End of synchronization A[1] R[1]
intro_delete ::update_game_loaded
stack trace:

0023:73C053C6 d3d11.dll
0023:73C07D40 d3d11.dll
0023:73BB3EBB d3d11.dll
0023:0913B8FA xrRender_R3.dll

[error][ 87] : wrong parameter.

please help.

No help for you

Not yet. I'd rather go during autumn, I've barely started looking into it, I'm looking into how many days would be best to see as many iconic places as possible without paying too much/staying around too much.

May I at least ask why? Am I to stupid or is the problem unfixable?

I've seen tour lengths anywhere from one day to one week. Most of them the cost includes lodging and food, along with transportation from the tour site in Kiev into Chernobyl.

What game and mods you nigger

Oh yeah I beyond stupid not mentioning that, sorry
Stalker CoP with the Misery 2.1 mod.

Just saw that I had the "gamebreaking" Windows Update which could cause trouble to CoP was installed on my pc, just uninstalled it and maybe the crashing wont occure that often.

>Misery

Definitely gotta remove that damn update.
For me the game will immediately crash if I try to use DX10

That seems consistent with what I've seen on chernobyl-tour.com

Is stalker online alive? IS it worth downloading and playing? I know some Russian