/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Guard broken:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/143536
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/143538
youtube.com/watch?v=0jLGmeHY3ik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to bury my face in Kriemhild's _______

It didn't really take off due to how powerful twinks were in that game. Consider how things like a fully upgraded pyroflame would play out at that level. It doesn't even require scaling.

low level fights are kinda fun in 3 though since poison becomes useful and everyone has less endurance

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/143536
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/143538

scroll collection

Great Machete isn't broken, just misunderstood.

God damn Crypt Blacksword is fun to use.

6th for superior lore

It's not superior to regular flame though.

Black flame + combustion is stronger than parting black flame.
This means that regular pyro flame is always better unless you are dual wielding flames, stacking its WA for some weird reason, or using BF for trading mostly, since that'd mean you get staggered out of casting the WA.

Only people that call parting too broken are the ones not using regular flame WA enough.

>worst souls 2 OP pic

You had one job.

one of the best greathammers in the game

the bell onna stick is better though because fashionsouls

the issue IIRC isn't the damage parting flame adds, it's the fact that parting flame's effect comes out BEFORE black flame, letting you hitstun people with it much earlier

That's a shame but it makes sense, realistically no matter the builds every duel is probably gonna end with someone at full health being one shot by pyromancy or a lightning weapon

>Black flame + combustion is stronger than parting black flame.
>Only people that call parting too broken are the ones not using regular flame WA enough.

???

You mean black flame into the combustion spell or into the combustion weaponart? Redpill me on pyromancy, I wouldn't mind being able to save three points of strength if I can use the normal flame as well as the parting flame.

If you can time the parting flame to hit and stagger people, why can't you time Black Flame a little earlier for the same effect?

He means the weapon art, which is stupid fast and combos from things.

>he gets triggered that certain images are used for the OP
Thanks for the keks.

uh, faster things are better than slower things, user

if the game was purely about damage UGSes and crystal soul spear would be the meme weapons instead of washing poles and straight swords

>If you can time the parting flame to hit and stagger people, why can't you time Black Flame a little earlier for the same effect?

because it requires being earlier?

that's like asking "if you can run a race in 5 minutes with those legs, why can't you do it with a slightly slower pair?". You're answering your own question.

>droprates increase gradually as you kill more enemies, the buff resets when you rest at a bonfire
>summonning phantoms drastically reduces droprates
>there's an item that allows you to respawn enemies without resting at a bonfire
y/n?

To be fair it's still a thing at higher levels, it's just that a dexpyro isn't going to have as many useful places to put their spare points if they're already running into softcaps, which makes their efficiency compared to sorc/miracles less meaningful in the grand scheme of things

Sorry I'm a bit late in responding to this.

So, three things:
>Ariandel's flail is fully modeled, but is normally hidden by a model mask
>Ariandel has an animation for his flagellation
>In unmodified gameplay, there's no point where Ariandel's flail is visible or his flagellation animation is performed, it's all unused content and he just sits in his idle animation while the audio is being played

That won't stop me from showing it to you though, obviously. The animation itself does play a similar sound, or the same sound, as what you hear outside his room, but much quieter. If you were to have him remotely play the animation while you're in the bonfire room, you wouldn't hear it anyway.

Holy shit raped. I'll take my check please. cause I'm done

lol, really dude?

I can see why they hid this

Black flame can combo into the combustion weapon art, and this combo deals more damage than parting flame can.
The best combo is parting flame on right hand casting black flame then l2 for combustion, but few people only run pyro flames.

If you're building poise correctly, you can still beat parting flame and win the trade, pyros can't beat 2 r1s from your weapon. If you're using a weapon with no poise, you can beat the flame speed since the parting effect is smaller than the BF hitbox and most smal weapons can outrange at least it.

Unless you're using a non corvian dagger, in which case, sorry.

Anyone around sl59 wanna help with kalameet? First run through the dlc.

I'm not sure if I just had an argument

Is there any place in the soulsverse comfier than Catarina?
>Jubilant Catarina preset
>People are relaxed and favor food, drink, and cheer.
>Brew even an undead can enjoy
>knights are friendly and chivalrous
>Seems to still be intact unlike most other kingdoms despite people not giving a shit
>No oppressive government with assassins like carim/vinheim

Fuck Lothric. Imma go party with the onion bros and let the fire fade.

I see. Thanks for the explanation..

if I was forced to live in the world of dark souls but could choose where, I'd definitely pick catarina
if I couldn't for some reason then pre-dark eye astora as a noble could be alright I guess

no one does the dlc at such a low sl, i doubt you'll get anyone.

There are some things that they just put in as set pieces for the trailers, so it's possible they never intended to use it ingame. An interesting note, he actually has two flail animations, the one shown and another where he's leaning more forwards so that his arms would be clipping into the basin (though you can use a model mask to hide the basin too).

>DLC adds canon end of the series
>IT WAS A DREAM ROFL xddd

Why is pvp so trash. It all comes down to waiting for the attack, rolling, and trying to punish. Going on the offensive first is almost always bad. Amazing Pvp "plays" like parrying or countering are all passive, reactionary actions.

I want to make a character that focuses on using the morion blade.
does anyone have a build that they use with it or would use with it?

it ends with you fighting a demon and losing
the last cutscene is your character sitting unconscious in a cell
then, a corpse falls out of the ceiling

Low variety of movesets. Friede's Scythe allows you to be very, very aggressive if you know how to use it.

Yhorm's Machete isn't strong, the other greataxes that are weak

I didn't say Yhorm's.

they unironically end the series on the character waking up in yharnam

I think the problem that makes pvp so bad, is what makes pve so good. Which is the weight and delay of the weapon move after you hit the button. The problem is that the roll doesn't have this delay. Parrying does, weapon attacks do, but rolls do not. Why is there no roll delay?

Don't tell me I'm the only one to realize.

It was a time travelling adventure, within a dream, utilizing alternate realities, inside the mind of miyazaki. Bravo.

I've got some bad news user..

>only 3 sunlight medals in das 2 today...
Well, 10 more to go until sunlight spear
;_;

The quality of the Souls games are inversely proportional to their level-up waifu's chest size
>emerald herald is stacked
>DaS2 sucks
>firekeeper has an above average sized chest
>DaS3 wasn't that good
>MiB has small but present breasts
>DeS was okay
>the plain doll is flat
>BB was great
>bonfires don't have chests
>DaS1 was great

I started playing DS3 (I played demons and dark 1). I got to the undead settlement, in that tower with the elevator that goes either up or down, and jumped off the elevator at the right time it was ascending to find siegward on the ledge. I was low on health/estus and saw that giant tree demon and thought "what the hell, I don't even have many souls, just want to check out this area" and then siegward joined in which I did NOT expect.

Then this giant tree demon thing GAPED me while siegward was fighting it. Now when I return to the elevator it only goes down and not up like before.
Is he dead now? Did I fuck up? I kind of already threw 2-3 hours into this game, I don't want to have to start over.

here's a video I found showing the section of the game I'm talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=0jLGmeHY3ik

halp

>painter loli wants to paint her own fire

but there were at least 2 fire keepers in das1

You can only ever go up once per playthrough. Gotta wait for new game plus

And you don't level up at them, so they aren't level-up waifus.

Red Tearstone, Bloodring, under 30%, Tears

If you can afford it, maybe off-hand OWCS + Pontiff's Left combined with a piece of Kirk set. Otherwise, Sun Princess + Blessed off-hand.

Dark Souls 2 is great, you're missing out.

*coughcough at least the pvp*

Its a 2-platform elevator

one wrong move

you have to get on the elevator and get off immediately so you can step on the upper platform that will take you were siegward was

[ominous distant boulder sounds]

this place really isn't all that bad. people told me the swamp was much worse than the rafters but while i'm not having a blast this place isn't "ugh blighttown sucks wow just wow what were they thinking"

CAN'T GO BACK

There's 2 elevators there user, get into the middle floor and send the elevator down by running in and out of it.The one on top should descend.

>tfw can't decide what my ideal control/character movement would be like

It's cloudy but I think the most comfortable would be something between DS1 and BB. Maybe with quickstep/short hops replacing roll with unique animations depending on equip burden?

Not official:

Yasutsuna (Katana)
Axe Flames Fan (Axe)
A Terrible Sword (???) (Curved Sword)
Tooth Made of Evil Magic (Curved Greatsword)
Greatsword of The Darkened Crypt (UItra Greatsword)
Dragonblood Great Shears (Ultra Greatsword)
Big Statue (???) (Greathammer)
Blooming Cherry Shield (Med.Shield)
Shield Door "Belonging" Rap (Greatshield)

kek

new info about dlc 2 when?

tomorrow

tomorrow streamers' NDA ends so they'll either leak a bit of info or spoil the entire thing

You will NEVER feel the SUFFERING of using a heavy weapon vs someone who has slight desync and NEVER takes risks, rolls against every one of your attacks, uses a small quick weapon and ONLY follows after you when he sees an opportunity to backstab. It is more suffering than the most bullshit deaths in PvE

I knew the double doors belong to Rap.

im itching for leaks senpai.

what time tomorrow tho? yokozuno time or burger time?

could be a reliable fellow

Is this from 2ch ?

Seeing as most of the """Pillars of the Community""" are burgers i'd shoot for that

>quickstep is a dagger WA instead of the effect of the carthus bloodring
for what purpose

Fucking dumbass Scaley lmao

Are you serious user?

It's already the 8th in Japan, if the NDA was already expired people wouldn't be telling you to wait until tomorrow.

Somebody said 9am PST tomorrow, but I don't know how true this statement is.

U rike invisiber rorrs? No?

>LOST LIKE THE LAST FUCKING BILLION MATCHES IN A ROW
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON
I'M NOT USUALLY THIS SHIT
WHAT'S HAPPENING

From a japanese board, but not 2ch

Don't trust it 100%, like I said, it's nothing official, but I thought it was worth posting anyway.

Ive finished getting 30 concord proofs, can i kill yorshka and get my chime now?

Miyazaki is not gona add a fucky extra level to covenants right senpai? There wont be a secret stuff related with this dlc and Yorshka right?

invisiber rorrs is the stickywhitestuff ring not the blood ring

>can I kill Yorshka?
no, you degenerate

U no rike rorring? Rorring is dark souls tradition. U go pray my other gamu bloodbune.

I do the same thing user. Until I get bumped to silver ranking. Then I start raping and go back to gold. The problem is gold ranking players are almost always pussy shitters that just fish for mistakes and never attack first.

>Wanting to fuck a NotDragon crossbreed

I can't bring myself to do it
Hows the anti cheat in 2?

>when your surprise greatarrow aims just right and you kill the host from a crazy distance

I once spent an afternoon climbing up to gold in the arena with an ultra greatsword so I think I'm more than familiar with that feeling.
As shitty as the weapon class is, I don't even want them to get a buff at this point. I just want straight swords to get their insane phantom range removed. There is absolutely nothing you can do with a slow weapon against a passive SS user.

I wanna do a pyro run. The onyx blade is fun to use so that'll be my main weapon but I need advice on spells/weapons before I reach that point. PvE is my thing so I don't care about pvp.

Iirc the best pyros are chaos bed vestiges and black snake? What's the recommended progression for spells? Because those 2 are found only once you defeat abyss watchers.

I figure a lazy person could make a webcomic with that site
It's pretty fun just seeing what color it randomly goes with

it can be pretty hard to get it the way you want sometimes but its a really cool tool to use

You have arrows, crossbows, throwing knives, firebombs, fireballs, souls arrows all which will force your opponent to approach is DaS1

>Nearly kill dude
>He runs away constantly until I can't be bothered to give chase
>He casts heal 3 times
>Use chime weapon art and run away from him until my health has regenerated too
>Starts pointing down at me

Yes, you got trolled. Did you think this was original?

Its the best when they point down before anyone dies, you kill them, and then point down. Otherwise I never use that gesture.

I was refering to the content of my earlier post.

the only gestures i ever use are call over, patches squat, and the dickblood one

das1 is not great

penis compensator fags forever rekt
thank you dark souls III

what