Is it true that phrase "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" is engraved on side mirrors of every...

Is it true that phrase "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" is engraved on side mirrors of every american car?
You americans are stupid if so. What kind of an idiot cannot figure out how to use a mirror?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zRP82omMX0g?t=332
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's about lawsuits more than anything else

It's a prevention measure for burger lawsuits

Wing mirrors are convex. THAT is why objects in mirror are closer than they appear; they're smaller but you can see more in the mirror.

That too.

I miss the 'objects in mirror are losing' stickers my old car had.

This. None of my cars in the UK have had this message on them.
My dad had a Dodge Nitro (I know) that said it, though

Brits are rather a lot smarter than Americans.

My E46 didn't have this warning until I had to replace the mirror

Sure. And there's a little voice repeating "mind the gap" in the Londonian subway for no reason.

The aerodynamic effect of a train is a little less intuitive than things in the mirror not being an exact representation of the world.

Does a Challenger have warnings on the inside that you can't see past all the blind spots?

>The aerodynamic effect of a train
>The gap

These are not the same things, faggot.

Hmm I guess no one cares enough about you to have explained why that sign exists.

>The aerodynamic effect of a train is a little less intuitive than things in the mirror not being an exact representation of the world.
No. In both cases those safety messages are stupid and only useful if you're a 2yo kid.

>Wing mirrors are convex.

no they aren't, they are completely flat and required to be flat by law in America, some car models have blind spot extension things on their mirrors and those are illegal to bring to America

objects are closer than they appear because you are also calculating the distance between your eyes and the mirror... making it seem like objects are farther away. When you stand 5 feet in front of a mirror it looks like you are 10 feet away from yourself. The same applies to car mirrors and objects in them.

>The aerodynamic effect of a train is a little less intuitive than things in the mirror not being an exact representation of the world.
Show me any metric or statistic proving that, fuckboy

my corolla has a outline of a bottle in the door cup holder.

no, objects in mirrors are always the same size youtu.be/zRP82omMX0g?t=332 5:32

I don't get that warning, they seem exactly where they appear

ups nvm im retad pls delet dis

>no they aren't, they are completely flat and required to be flat by law in Americ
How backwards.

Colour me european, then; I assumed that since my car has wiiide angle convex wingmirrors as well as blind spot mirrors fitted from the factory, that every car had them as standard.
Guess that explains why americans are such shitty drivers.

>some car models have blind spot extension things on their mirrors and those are illegal to bring to America

Yeah, except for all those Fords that have them.

Mine don't, but that's because the mirrors are from a Japanese market car