/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Zelda can get mad at you and scold you edition.

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/563487-zelda-ii-the-adventure-of-link/64451055
youtube.com/watch?v=QSEkJlStwkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>zelda will scold you
This fanart has never been more relevant

Reminder that Zelda is FEMALE

>Zelda can get mad at you and scold you
For what purpose? If I want to jump off cliffs and do stupid shit, that's my business. It's Ressetti all over again.

But that makes Link a lesbian

She cares for your safety

So, with the new info that has come out, post pics of bears wearing Link's hat to celebrate about 24 days til the game's release.

New GameInformer cover.

Probably the bird mech.

Also, the hat itself if you want to gib it a try. I have shite editing skills, so if anyone wants to clean it up for full burrs use, go for it, m8s.

Do you guys think someone will go as far as recording the ending and posting it on YouTube?

What makes you say that

Yes, but don't expect it to be up for longer than a day, Nintendo snipers will gun it down.

>No transparency

There's a glitch in Zelda 2 and I can't continue on. One of these blue knights on horses is supposed to be there as a mini-boss but doesn't appear and then I'm stuck in the room.

Tried googling it but it didn't happen to anyone else but me it seems? Pretty weird. What am I supposed to do? Isn't there an emulator cheat code out there so I can bypass this part? I'd hate having to drop the game and watch the rest of it through a Youtube playthrough since I'm near the end...

I WANT TO FUCK FI

It's Terry, it's really him, damn

Never heard about that glitch. Can't you just start from your last save?

YES

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought she was best girl

The only way I can see Zelda traveling with you in the present is if the Zelda in the white dress is a different person from the Zelda in the blue outfit, and she takes your sheikah slate when you meet up. Otherwise, I'm wondering if there's a time gimmick again.

Oh boy, is it timefuckery time?

>your princess is angry at you

w-what should i do?

Happened to this guy too (2nd reply) :
gamefaqs.com/boards/563487-zelda-ii-the-adventure-of-link/64451055

I managed to pass through getting out and in of the dungeon, phew. I was a bit afraid for a second.
Also, I never saved my game because I can't, so I'm using the emulator to save the game when I needed to stop.

Massage her eyebrows

Ask to be excused.

Because wind element.

Also, careful, boss related picture.

Look at the pillars guys, it's the same location

Good catch.

All these spoilers.
This general was fun. I will miss you.
See you, space cowboys.

Have fun grinding in Hyrule Warriors until release day.

This is so shitty. All the /lozg/ gang is going away.
You are tearing me apart, guys. Don't leave me alone.
These are not spoilers if Nintendo allowed them to be written.

Are they actually takuan?

People will consider anything spoilers nowadays, even taking into account how massive the game is anyways.

>pic is out in the open

So can we just go to the boss arenas? How does the game work between dungeons and overworl?

Delicious eyebrows

I think it's blown out of proportion.
I can understand if they spoil you the ending or the final battle.
But come on.

It's not out in the open, it's at the top of the dungeon, probably the bird mech

For the dungeons, my theory is that it will probably not be "dungeons" like we knew, but parts of the overworld that will have big areas with puzzles etc.
So we wont have "themed dungeon", but dungeon-like areas in the overworld, like in the jungle, or the desert. It's kinda tricky, but it's probably why aonuma was vague about it.

Guys is this the full extent of Game Informers coverage or is this simply the start and they'll post videos and stuff

Let them be

My problem is this fucking hype is going to kill me

>Big bushy eyebrows
It's a trap!

People want the chance to experience this game virgin pure.

So a more focused Skyward Sword overworld it's what I'm thinking, yeah.

But I wonder how open the dungeons are. I mean we can go straight to the final boss, but can we skip the dungeons to go the their respective bosses?

Actually, it seems like the dungeons are themed, it's just the area around them has a similar theme as well. A picture of what I assume is the inside of the lizard dungeon had cinders inside, leading me to believe that there are fire themed puzzles, and a picture of the inside of the bird mech had Link gliding over a gap, so an obvious air theme is present. Due to where people believe the other two mechs are, the elephant near the ocean, and the camel in the desert, I believe that the camel will be earth themed, and the elephant to be water themed.

Place your bets now: How long do you think it's going to take before someone hits the right requirements and beats the true final boss of the game (due to different endings)?

>No well wishes from from Tulpabro for over a month
I already miss him.

I dont think its gonna be so convoluted to get the ending i think its gonna be 100% vs not 100%

Well, it's very late for that.
To have a virgin pure playtime, they shouldn't have checked all trailers and e3 gameplay videos either.
It's just stupid as fuck. They just showed one of the bosses and confirmed the presence of dungeons.

>yfw this is the 100% final boss

We was too pure for us. Faithful till the end.

>magazine mentions 1 boss from 1 dungeon of a game with a gorillion squaremiles map
>people lose their shit
>those are the same who thought yelling "Dumbledore dies on page 596" at little children was funny as fuck

What happened?

Yeah, it's batshit crazy. What's going to happen when REAL spoilers will happen in a week?

He killed himself over the spoilers

And this is a problem?

He left because spoilers. Specifically for those Neogaf spoilers.

I think it's more that they're taking it as a sign that the game is now out there which means actual serious spoilers could drop at any minute so it's time to hightail it out of here. Personally, I'm still waiting for at least one or two interesting spoilers before I bail.

He went on media blackout because of the spoilers.

I wasn't in the old threads so I don't know him, why does everyone care?

What the fuck is this shit?

Our resident mental case.

Shadow Link

Fucking newfags. Soon I'll be the last one left of the old guard.

The best final boss fight of the whole series.

I won't stop posting Fi

>Our resident mental case.
What did he mean by this

>Newfags
nice meme, I'm just not a LOZG vet

Sit in the corner and stab the shit out of him

Thank you, user with an unhealthy sexual attraction towards swords.

Guys, guys. Massive spoilers here, for a travelling service available from a biggoron

Nevermind, got him. Finished Zelda 2, wooo!

I just read it was a glitch, glad I didn't do it, wouldn't have been fun.

>I'm a chuckster!

It's not the first time we have fought a boss out in the open, they have ways of blocking off an arena like that.

Argorok comes to mind, as do twinmold and tentalus, the imprisoned fights, several ganondorf fights, plus a few minor bosses like in minish cap and other games

Good job, now you are part of the 10% of the fanbase that played that game till the end.
I beated dark link jumping like a total retard.

>unhealthy
Please, those legs are hnnnnngg

Right, I wasn't implying that it'd be the first. Just wondering how the overworld and the dungeons mesh in the game.

If this is what the master sword in waifu form looks like, imagine what something like a claymore or other yuge two-handed blade would look like.

Hmm, it could be as simple as blocking off the area, or having the arena appear once you reach the end. You could also summon the boss through your actions somehow, allowing you to walk over the boss arena without even realizing it

So, given the fact of where the gaem takes place now, we need to ask one important question now:

If it takes place after OoT, then which Ganon are were dealing with here this time?

>walking around the world
>start bossfight
must be pretty funny

There's only ever been one

Thanks. I'll admit it I didn't think I'd finish it, the beginning of the game is way too hard and frustrating, but pushing through it you get the hang of it and it doesn't get too hard anymore I would say. Still very unforgiving though, and some stuff were no fun (swarm of stupid monsters rushing to you when you're supposed to jump from rock to rock, etc...).

I'm generally not a fan of sidescroller so I would say this was the Zelda I liked less out of them all by far so far and I doubt that'll ever change. Still it was a fun experience and I'm glad I did it for the sake of completing my favorite video game franchise.

>I beated dark link jumping like a total retard.
I tried that at first but didn't work so well. I beat it by just standing in the middle, not moving at all, and stabbing at the right moment when he'd approach. He went down rather quickly that way.

I meant which timeline's Ganon we're dealing with here, m8.

Everything after Downfall

It's either downfall Ganon for the #12674 time or WW Ganondorf went bananas.

I also beat it. 3DS, no save states. I'd get to work early at my job at the time so I had lots of time to get good.

>yfw the pic of Link pulling out the sword and WW Dorf coming out of the ground maximum piss becomes canon

I think both LoZ and AoL come from a time where games had to be frustrating for many reasons.
But you nailed it, AoL is so different from our idea of "Zelda games" one has to get used to it after a slow start.

show pic pls, never seen it

Can you imagine what any% runs for BotW are going to look like?

>100% Korok runs where the game doesn't give you a way to keep track of the ones you've already met

>Pick glider
>Pick hammer
>Find glitch/exploit to hold a rock while you hammer it to fly away
>Fly to Ganon's castle
>Beat the shit out of Ganon with bare hands or a stick
Total time: 1h

thanks

>Total time: 1h
>any%
>still taking 1 hour in zelda

I'm too spoiled by OoT bottle runs

I still hold hope the game really is in the adult timeline but so far it screams "downfall" from all directions.
It would be the first fully 3D game in that timeline.

>....did someone say......

>WINDWAKER TIMELINE?!

>bare hands
can you actually bare hand combat?

No, Bear Hands.

God I hope so, probably not but I love being a badass monk in games. If it is in game it will likely be either as gauntlet weapons or as a skill you learn later on

I tried the demo at a Switch event and you can't unfortunately. Pressing the attack button without a weapon will make Link reach for thin air.

nice game informer info analysis

youtube.com/watch?v=QSEkJlStwkg

looks like WB ganon is indeed the boss of the bird dungeon and you take control of the guardians after defeating the bosses

Goodnight, /lozg/.