Is it still possible to make money on youtube? I mean starting today and building a brand from nothing...

Is it still possible to make money on youtube? I mean starting today and building a brand from nothing. I notice the huge amount of view s the youtubers I watch get sometimes minutes after the post a new video. How do I get some of that? There are millions of NEETs out there just waiting for a new person to sub to and watch every video they put out. Is it worth trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQj6gwO2hfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you need to have excellent video editing either way.

and yeah it is possible

How about Blogger. Is that still a thing that might work?

do you have big boobs?

regardless, with adblocking pushing most advertisers to black lists, there's no easy money for you with no work at all. you have to knock doors and find deals to shill about as part as your video so it's not adblocked.

regardless, of the billion channels on jewtube, yours is going to be the next things. for sure.

Thank you for believing in me user.

youtube.com/watch?v=WQj6gwO2hfM

>yeah this guy is so excellent and special there arent 10000000000000000000000 other people doing the same is not all about luck no it isnt ehehehe

cope. its all about luck faggots. if you aren't lucky, stay a NEET. no incel worker bee for me.

No idea, my first video I ever posted has only made 0.11 cents with 1000 views.

My CPM is like $1.90 or $190 or whatever it is per X amount of views.

It's worth trying if you enjoy that stuff. I imagine going in for the sake of money is going to be hard unless you already have something that works. Most of the people that made it big where doing silly stuff, and realized they had a formula to work with and kept running with it. So do it because you want to do it, otherwise the effort is going to be hellish.

Yes you do.

Don't think of just making ad money that is for vapid shitheads.

If you have artistic intent you will probably make your money from patron donation and maybe merchandise if you can make it good.

Or if you are doing more normie shit like idk news you can do paid promotions.

I HATE MY LIFE

i work with someone who makes a living as a youtuber. You can do it, just as long as you have the dedication that's required for success in anything else.

Learn your audience, interact with them everywhere, learn where else they hang out, who else they watch on youtube, what other communities they're a part of (subreddits, twitter hashtags, tumblr tags, forums). Talk about things they're talking about and you'll get views.

Make irresistible thumbnails. Optimize your titles (look at what others in your niche are doing). Video editing doesn't have to be Hollywood, you just need a decent camera and a decent mic. Focus on the content, not the glitz.

Make content consistently, like a scheduled TV show, and people will show up. More important than it seems.

Learn all features that youtube provides to content creators, like annotations, and include your calls-to-action throughout every video. COMPLETE THE ENTIRE YOUTUBE CREATOR'S ACADEMY and implement all of it.

Capture email addresses of your audience so you can remarket to them and eventually, expand to things beyond youtube videos. Learn to study your stats.

Gaming is still the biggest vertical on youtube, but informational/how-to videos are also used by nearly everyone. If you choose this route, remember that you don't have to be an expert at whatever you're teaching because the audience you'll have is not 7/10 in their skill of what you're teaching, they're 1/10 or 2/10, and they just need somebody better than they are.

Your ultimate goal is to become an authority in your niche, whatever it is.

Good luck faggot, and don't forget to invite me when you throw your 1 million subs party.

>don't forget to invite me when you throw your 1 million subs party.
Will do, boss.

Any tips on sponsorship deals?

> If I make good enough content to get to about 2-3 thousand regular viewers, i can get a small sponsorship in products/cash for promotion.
> Reinvest all that in content and keep growing my channel.

Make sure the channel is not focused around firearms. YT is very anti gun and they pay those channels less

bamp

Yeah YouTube is basically the poor man's passive income. Only problem is that the youtube algorithm changed to make video backlogs less potent.

You can do it if you just understand how to milk minutes viewed. You don't even have to be good. The meta for youtube money right now is to get enough people to follow you so that your patreon account does work.

>You can do it if you just understand how to milk minutes viewed.
Is that why Commentiette is now doing 10 minute long videos? Or is this a different phenomenon?

I remember Maddox saying that his youtube videos only retain viewers for 3 minutes, and regardless of the content that's when viewership drops off...

So how do you milk it?

You post 20-40 minute long videos and hope you're entertaining enough for people to stick around for at least half. That's why there are so many moba gameplays around.

Yeah that is actually why everyone is doing the 10 minute per video thing now.

The issue with me telling you how to milk view time on youtube is that youtube will change how it works next week. The simple fact is that the way youtube is at the time I'm making this post favors content that retains viewers, keeps people watching for at least 10 minutes a day, and is unique enough to be made at least once a day. The easiest way to do this right now is gaming, but that market won't be easy to make it in. Vlogging is another way. If you're going to do something smart you need a team of people to also do something smart with you that way you can make a lot of this content.

Patreon helps loads because it helps stabilize things since it's income that you're getting from something other than youtube because of your youtube channel. This is idea of secondary income based on a brand providing stability is why so many youtubers have product lines; it's just one of the many band-aids people use to cope with youtube being broken.

The thing is that if your youtube channel is backed by a corporation like whatever Stephen Colbert is hosting right now, then you have the resources to just pump out the exact content youtube wants right now. That's why you see so much corporate shit these days. They have the resources to just outright win youtube right now because of the environment youtube has turned into.

In the world of content marketing, video has one of the best conversions rates.

How-to's and educational videos allow to showcase your products/services and if nothing else also make you look like an expert in your field. The benefits aren't always directly monetary.

It's just another way to generate leads and perhaps even target keywords. If your competitors aren't doing video, it'd be to your advantage to do so.

Unfortunately it is not possible OP. try likefaucet.com

If you have an idea already maybe, but just going into it trying to make money you'll get btfo for being unoriginal

not true actually