My parents bought me a car with no rev counter, should I sue?

my parents bought me a car with no rev counter, should I sue?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.wikihow.com/Install-a-Tachometer
amazon.com/Panlong-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner-Android/dp/B00PJPHEBO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1488665036&sr=8-4&keywords=obd2 bluetooth adapter
amazon.com/WizGear-Universal-Swift-Snap-Technology-Smartphones/dp/B00PGJWYJ0/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1488665045&sr=1-4&keywords=magnetic phone car mount
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en
yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What, you don't have a butt rev counter?

>put it in neutral
>brick on gas pedal
>wait for hours
>"hey mom & dad i think my car is broken i need a new one with a tachometer so i can see muh revs"

It's called a tachometer.

Why do you need a tach?

>not knowing revs by ear
dont tell me its a 4 speed my man

you don't need a tach
once you drive a car for a bit you get used to the sound of the engine for the speed you are going

if you still want one, you can buy a bluetooth OBD2 adaptor from ebay as well as a phone mount

I know on some cars a tach comes on higher trim levels, so you could spend a couple of dollars and an hour of your time installing it

5spd manuel, fucking bullshit. Dad wanted me to learn stick shift and thought a 2010 yaris was a deal for 4grand.

I agree with your father's actions.
If you can drive standard, you can drive automatic.
But if you drive automatic, it's difficult to drive standard. If the car was bought for you, good. It's a low maintenance, low cost car that will allow you to save up for what you want.

Nigga count your blessings

>should I sue?
No it's to teach you a lesson to buy your own car.

>great deal
>pre-2013 yaris

the yaris sucks.

Deal with fuckin hybrid pussy and come back when you have some dick to talk about

>rev counter

I think you should at least finish high school.

The first car I "had" (wasn't mine, but it was on a year+ loan) was a 5-speed E200d from 1993. It too had no tach, but it's not like you actually need one to drive manual.

You don't need a rev counter, git gud

It's not too late to take the car back and let you work and save for your own son.

nigga, the car doesn't even have 30,000 miles on it

muh v8

What the fuck is a "rev counter"?

Do you mean a "tachometer"?

Your parents should sue you for being this autistic.

I have an 08 5 speed and I'm fine with no tach you ungrateful little faggot

>But if you drive automatic, it's difficult to drive standard.

w-what
i daily two automatic cars and i still can heel-toe better than any of my manual driving friends

Holy fuck entitled crybaby.

>girl in car
>"user why do you shift when you have automatic?"
>what
>"only manual cars have tachometer and your does not"
>op's face when

and heel-toe is relevant in everyday driving because ?

You deserve to be shot you ungrateful piece of shit.

That sucks. The 2011 Yaris has a tach.

I think if you connect your phone to your car using an OBD2 to bluetooth adapter, you can see your revs using an app.

You don't need a tachometer to drive manual, it'll be easier to learn but it's just a crutch.

>You don't need a tachometer to drive manual

but you don't need one
i learnt to drive in a manual car without a tachometer

the only reason why you might want one is to learn to rev match, and even then it's quicker to do it by ear and sight of the road

This is so true. It's really just nice to see the revs increase. It's not all that useful except for figuring what Redline sounds like so you don't have to look when you hit it

most cars didnt have tachs until like the late 70s

m.wikihow.com/Install-a-Tachometer

>waaaaah, I got a car for free but it's not the exact one I wanted
Shut the fuck up you little bitch. Do you have any idea how lucky you are?

>fully digital instrument cluster
>no tachometer

Which brand could be so fucking cheap on purpose?

Toyota.

amazon.com/Panlong-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner-Android/dp/B00PJPHEBO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1488665036&sr=8-4&keywords=obd2 bluetooth adapter
amazon.com/WizGear-Universal-Swift-Snap-Technology-Smartphones/dp/B00PGJWYJ0/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1488665045&sr=1-4&keywords=magnetic phone car mount
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Now stop complaining about the car you got for free.

For 3 years I drove an 88 Suzuki samurai with no tach no airbags no air pressure in the tires and no roof in rain hail heat waves and worse. I still have it and love it

It appears that they also bought you one with a defective engine, dead battery, failed brakes and low on oil.

I'd sue.

It has a name, you know.

crybaby didn't got the car he wanted

be fucking grateful you greedy cunt

one who can drive MT but never drove AT will have an easier time than one who drives AT but never drove MT

nah your folks did the right thing getting you a shit car to learn on

plenty of yuropoors have cars with no tach

The Yaris didn't come with a tacho? What a piece of shit.

Fuck off poorfag. You just had shit parents.

No Toyota Yaris hatchbacks came with a tachometer until 2012 in America. Here.
yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662

It's entirely possible to operate a manual vehicle without one but what's the benefit of not having a tachometer in the first place?

Yuropoors just like to make things needlessly more difficult. "Look how spartan and minimalist we are, silly Americans."

Stfu bitch be grateful ya cunt nigger

Only shit drivers need tachometers, unless you have a completely silent engine you can tell by ear when you need to shift

Get a pod tach from autozone