/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #667 - Gay Blaze edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12265208
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN171340
youtu.be/5uNUdf_AZoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit

Claiming this thread in the name of the Eggman Empire

I'm considering posting all of my Sonic theories, headcanons, and observations. But... I probably won't.

was she right

I like this edition.

Not like we have anything else to talk about.

>With the skates.
Once my computer stops being slow, I'll post the manual scans and profiles that prove otherwise. Shadow is the spitting image of Sonic, sharing his speed and agility. Sonic = Shadow, Shadow = Sonic.

>blaze the pedophile

Robotnik is evil because he absorbed a shit-ton of evil in the accident involving the Chaos Emeralds. He literally can't stop being evil until they deal with that. It's in the backstory.

Would Blaze be a flaming faggot?

Headcanons you say?

She's only 2 years older than Amy. Cream, though? ...uh...8 years apart...

While Fleetway Amy was based as fuck, Robotnik in this one was chemically infused with the bad energy of the world (and a rotten egg), turning him inherently evil.
In short, I don't think it's fair to say he chose to be evil, while he was sane of mind he did good.

That being said, Robotnik in Fleetway understood bravery, compassion and all that shit, even understood being lonely in some of the earlier issues, perhaps they'd have built up to this at some point of Robotnik being good or more Robotnik going off the fucking deep end.

Unless you mean greatest enemy then yeah you're right, the pillock would have won so many times if it wasn't for ego and taunting.

This is Bokkun! Say something nice about him!

Get outta here Sparky.

I don't know, but the idea of her secretly crushing on Amy is cute.

The world needs more SonicxBlazexAmy art.

Toasting the poll again: How old are you?
strawpoll.me/12265208

The idea of Amy secretly crushing on Blaze is even cuter and funnier.

Yes. Eggman is fully capable of living a happy, meaningful life, if only he wasn't so evil. Eggman could advance the field of treating anything from a lost limb to a damaged organ with cybernetics, spearhead deep space exploration, revolutionize just about any industry there is with robotic labor, or do about anything he set his mind to, as long as it wasn't at odds with the majority of people living on the planet.

Eggman could be the single most respected, inspiring, and loved person in the history of the world if he used his genius for good. But instead he has to be the single most powerful, dominating person in the world, putting himself at odds with Sonic and just about everyone else, and leading to a lonely, frustrating life as just another villain who often comes close but can never quite take over the world.

Well never fucking mind, when did that happen?

Would Eggman, any version including in hypotheticals like above, be a good father?

True

Okay, so why tell us that? If you don't want to, then just don't mention you might. Either post them or don't. We don't care if you're deliberating it.

>Well never fucking mind, when did that happen?
It was the backstory for Sonic as laid out by Sega of America, adapted in Sonic the Comic and later expanded by showing that Sonic was the one responsible for the entire thing via predestination paradox time travel fuckery.

>Amy and Blaze secretly crushing on each other
>Both too busy/nervous to do anything
>Eventually convinced she doesn't have a chance with Amy/Blaze
>Eventually give up and settle for Sonic/the Sol Emeralds

I will never understand the appeal of yuri.
Pic unrelated

1. Lesbian crushes that have cute girls try and figure their feelings for forbidden love and act all cute gets the heart going doki doki.
2. LESBIAN GIRL ON GIRL ACTION

Welp. Guess I'll post one, then.

I theorize that the Robotnik lineage is cursed. Either it is a genetic mutation or something more mystical, the Robotnik lineage possesses a unique factor only affecting the males (maybe), granting them a brilliant mind but at a terrible cost. If a Robotnik were to suffer a traumatic experience, they will subbumb to cruel malevolent ambitions and stuff. This is what happened to Professor Gerald.

No one knows what, but SOMETHING happened to Ivo, something traumatic, and the curse was triggered. BUT, he tried to fight it. He refused to succumb to the insanity and evil growing within him. He tried to remain as good and benevolent as he remembered his grandfather being.

He started a new life, and adopted the name "Ovi Kintobor", and constantly fighting against his inner demons inspired Ovi's new goal in life: Rid the world of all evil.

To do this, he experimented with Chaos Energy and the 'Evil Energy' around the world, trying to find a way to seal away all evil within the Chaos Emeralds or something similar, IDK. But things went wrong, and he fell into his creation. Ovi was blasted with the Evil Energy, and infused with the negative polarity of the Emeralds: "Dark Chaos". This event was the final trigger needed to fully awaken and strengthen the malevolent ambitions that Ovi tried to lock away deep within his subconcsious. But surpressing things for long periods of time only makes it stronger. And Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik was born.

But, that's just a theory. A Sonic Theory. Thanks for reading.

Literally Lesbians

Guys like girls, for a combination of cute and lewd depending on the guy. Yuri means 2 girls, which means more of what guys want.

Does looking at an attractive female arouse you?

If yes, would doubling that not further arouse you?

>have nothing to talk about
>make a general anyway

>Captcha: Extra Church

user!

Doctor Robotnik is the fastest thing alive.

DELET THIS

rip

enjoy your ban, hope it's what you wanted .-.

I need some good Sonic music to listen to while I study which sound track should I listen to (no lyrics please)

Night stages and hub world music from Unleashed.

these are great thanks

Keep forgetting how good the Night themes were. Shame about the constant battle theme.

Universe 96's release date has changed to May 10th.

previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN171340

Potentially good news, since 95's didn't change. However, 97's and the dates of the main comic have not been updated (all of the main comics dates are still March 22nd except the one featured in April solicits)

> thinking boner level corresponds to the sum femininity of a situation rather than mean femininity

youtu.be/5uNUdf_AZoE

What's the point of even rolling in Sonic Generations? You actually lose speed going downhill when rolling. It baffles me Sega couldn't figure out how to implement actual Classic physics in their own games when Dimps has been doing it since Advance 1.

> orange
Rocket Metal?

Don't mind me, just posting actual best ship involving Blaze

Is it bad that I want Sonic Boom: ROL to do that time-traveling concept where Team Sonic get to see young Eggman in the past?

>Silver

When will the suffering end /sthg/?

sorry if you're triggered

Oh,something somewhat positive. I want my Bunnie and Blaze arc.

She thinks of him as a brother. Silver warped to Friend Zone Act 1 and he's stuck there indefinitely.

I could see Boom Eggman being a good father

silver is already shipped nigga

seems like an altered version of his old Shard design

>thinks of him as a brother
>implying that doesn't make it hotter

I believe that's supposed to be Shard.

How well can Eggman sauna?

so is edmund essentially silver's closest thing to a father? silver seems to essentially live in his library for the most part.

If anything, he's warped to casual acquaintance as of Colors DS. Blaze and Silver barely know each other.

For the moment, looking at the thumbnail, I thought someone actually made a 3D render for Clove.

>digital waifu
Is silver /ourguy/?

I want to rub Nicole's paws

>basically alone
>edgy as fuck
>most of the Knothole FF lowkey hate him

hell yeah he is /sthg/ incarnate.

>silver
>edgy
He's more adorkable than anything

i want to hug sally genuinely and without any sexual motive

his entire world is basically empty aside from an old echidna who makes fun of his quills, he has reason to be depressed.

Classic Sonic is just the cutest thing in Generations.

>we never got classic knuckles

What if Sally

what the fuck is this?

That's forbidden.

they could have said bump is a chipmunk instead of a deer and nobody would have cared, she has literally no features that make her more 'deer-like' than sally.

Your big-butted waifu is shit.

The /sthg/ OCs are literally the most cancerous things on this general

Why do you think anyone cares?

bump is an OC? i thought she was one of the new characters the comics forced after penders did his pendersish stuff.

Bump is Sally's cousin

Knuckles and Amy weren't really all that characterized until Sonic Adventure. Tails was the only one who had a personality in the Classic series.

No. Bump and sage are culminations of this general's autism. like

fuck, i really need to get back to reading the comics then.

>Tails was the only one who had a personality in the Classic series.
Tails is just as bland as Knuckles and Amy in the Classic series. Tails was only known as the "sidekick/smart guy" (Tails Adventure) with Knuckles being the "rival" and Amy the "love interest"

Rosie the Rascal
Real Name / Amy Rose
Gender / Female
Age / 8
Personality / Energetic tomboy. Optimistic.
Specialty? / Card Reading - Dousing (*)
A bright, energetic girl who likes fortunes and mystic things. She came to the Little Planet by "the order of the cards," but there she has a "destined" encounter with Sonic. And then...

(*) - Uncertain translation

Knuckles the Echidna profile
Literal translation from Japanese
Sonic3 MD JP SonicJam manual.pdf
(Translated by SamIAm)

Guardian who protects the Chaos Emeralds of Floating Island
An Echidna of the marsupial family. Nickname is Knuckle.
Fast running, quick tempered type.
Mentally slow and trusting; easily fooled.
Doesn't necessarily dislike girls, but isn't good with them.
Can dig holes and climb walls with his speciality-gloves.
His hobby is digging holes. He is a mole, after all.
Good at finding hidden routes.
Can fly just a little bit.
Likes fruit; hates sunlight.

They are OCs

You're implying they have any real characterizations outside of "idiot" and "fangirl" respectively

Tails was smart even in Sonic 2, it was mentioned in the manual how much he liked the Tornado because of his technological aptitude.

Knuckles is not an Idiot. Amy is not a fangirl. Knuckles is Sonic's Rival. Amy is Sonic's Love Interest.

Yes, but Tails looks cute and is extremely marketable. Knuckles is not cute. Neither is Amy.

Yes, but they don't really have any personalities outside of "energetic" and "short-tempered". Compare that to SA1 and after, where Knuckles and Amy actually have a lot more character moments with Sonic and the rest.

>Knuckles is not cute

Sparky, shut up.

>Amy
>Not cute

Knuckles and Amy's characterizations in SA1 is the same as their characterizations in 3:K and CD. It's just that SA1 has a written narrative in the game, so the story is able to be expanded upon moreso than before.

From Sonic CD onwards, Amy Rose has been a bright, energetic, optimistic tomboy who likes fortunes and mystic things, and is in love with Sonic the Hedgehog as his self-proclaimed girlfriend.

From Sonic 3 and Knuckles onwards, Knuckles has been a quick tempered yet naive and trusting lone guardian of the Master Emerald on Angel Island with skills in finding hidden things and rivaling Sonic.

>twitter is down right now
>the screams of a thousand RPers can be heard in the distance

I can understand that she can be annoying, but Amy has a pretty cute design. Knuckles isn't really supposed to be cute, but I like his design too.

I like that Knuckles.

nvm, it's back.

>Amy
>tomboy

I never got why SEGA tried to say she's a tomboy. She's pretty obviously a girly girl.

Calm down, Sage.

source on artist?