Remember when BMWs were actually the ultimate driving machines?

Remember when BMWs were actually the ultimate driving machines?

Other urls found in this thread:

myvideo.ge/v/1762418
kamotorsperformance.com/kamotors-canyon-crusher-v2-t4-turbo-kit/
r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=375023
youtube.com/watch?v=EPdJ99JRtt8
bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1352938-e30-M3-suspension-on-e30-325i
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no because Porsche existed back then too.

No because toyota existed back then too

they still are
well some of them
>tfw the last brand on earth to still produce i6+manual+rwd cars

it looked weird to me at first
now i've seen it IRL and i want one so badly

nah, those are track-going road cars
the E30 was a road-going track car, it was Viper tier mentality

>FCA cucks BMW... again!

>slower than a GT86 = slower than an user's civic
BMW a shit, always

I'm an actual Bavarian and your American advertising slogans mean nothing to me - it's "The Joy of Driving" and it has been since forever.

The other M cars are okay, it's just that the M2 was just really, really good.

freude am fahren motherfucker

Freude am Fahren right?

jah jah mit bratwurst und saurkraut

>joy of driving
>the F80 steering is objectively less pleasurable and engaging than the E30 M3's

REPLACED

is that hitler's residency

jah
kartoffelsalat mit speck

tell me more about how my buddy automatic 325i convertible e30 is so much like a viper

I was talking about the E30 M3, it's obvious from the context you autist

>kek alfashills at it again, masturbate some more you itaka

>alfacucks detected

>the viper is an alfa
the more you know

see

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

>it's a bmwcucks project their cuckoldry on alfistas episode
last time I checked Alfistas don't buy anything just because it has an Alfa badge on it

That's an 8C, this is a Viper.

>those meaty rear tires
Dick status: muh

This thread has convinced me that BMW purists and Alfa shills deserve each other

>he is a badge whore
>he drives an active tourer

>hopped up economy car
>like a viper
yep, bmwfangirls are straight retarded

It was a lot more than just a "hopped up economy car"
BTW
>BMW
>economy car
top kek

and also the Viper has pushrods

>economy car
As opposed to this?

>It was a lot more than just a "hopped up economy car"
Whats so different between it and a normal 3 series? Cant you interchange most parts between a 318is and a m3?
Its a fucking hopped up economy car. Viper was built as a performance car from the ground up. Deal with it.

>4cyl vs fucking v10
btw, e30 m3 has never ever won its class at le mans. vie[pr has multiple times :^))

>trying to compare a fucking economy car to an all out performance car
lmao bmw fangirls

Album itself was shit, cover was nice though.

>tfw I still own an techno violet e34 M5

Its only the 3.6 because burgeredition

driver oriented cockpit
racers dont care about interior materials or fit and finish

retarded bwmcuck thinks interior has anything to do with the type of car it is?
lmao,. m3 has exact same interior as a 318i

You can interchange most viper parts with a fucking truck, fuck off
also when was the 3 series an economy car? are you fucked in the head?

REEEEEEEEE
[envy intensifies]

>itt: autists argue that compact executive cars are econoboxes like the geo metro or the civic hf

>fwd
the only thing such a machine can be ultimate at is at cucking
yeah, that's what toyotas are, the ultimate cuck machines

>what parts can you interchange between 318i and m3
pretty much none aside from some interior bits
>lemans wins
>3 series
>in lemans
lmao is this nigger serious

>the only thing such a machine can be ultimate at is at cucking
Yes, it cucked BMW

>You can interchange most viper parts with a fucking truck, fuck off
Oh yeah? Huur you can exchange the waterpump and some accessories with another v10 powered dodge
Thats not most parts. Just a few engine bits...

Meanwhile literally everything between the hopped up economy car m3 and the basic bitch tier economy car 318i is interchangeable.

>how is a 4 cylinder an economy car?
nigga really asking this question, LMAO

oh wait,
>b-b-but its a bmw! it can never ever be an economy car because that would go against what the ads say!!!

more than the e30 has :^)

>BMW not even the ultimate driving machine in their home market

How come BMW sucks so bad now???

>BMW not even the ultimate driving machine in their home market
Because 911 exists :^)

>Just a few engine bits...
it's far from "just a few" and engine parts are the ones that matter the most
>Meanwhile literally everything between the hopped up economy car m3 and the basic bitch tier economy car 318i is interchangeable.
that's where you're wrong kiddo
>muh cylinders
it's a performance car, the only reason it packs 4 cyls is because it could be made faster than the 6 cyl engines
>b-b-but its a bmw! it can never ever be an economy car because that would go against what the ads say!!!
it's not about the ads, it's about where it's placed in the market. Go autistically screech somewhere else.
kek

M3/3 series was never ever meant to compete in lemans
the E30 did compete in touring car championships where it was very successful, in fact the e30 is the most successful road racing car ever produced ;^)
btw the M3 is not an economy car, it's a sports saloon
a 318 is a compact luxury saloon

>Because 911 exists :^)
That's not the Ruf CTR3

They're pretty cheap nowadays if you can find one (good luck lol). Daytona Violet and Techno Violet are like finding needles in hay stacks.

>thats where youre wrong kiddo
get a load of this guy, BMW cucks get fucked by large displacement "truck" engines.
you lose no matter what faggot yuropoors

The Claus Luthe era. Just about every car he had an influence on is a collectible moving forward as far as I am concerned. E30, e31, e34, e36, e39. Real driver cars with good handling characteristics and abilities, priced comparatively well against other makes and models in their market.

I think comparing a Viper to a pedestrian e30 is errant. With that said, I can buy a clean e30 two door with manual and an aftermarket turbo that will blow the doors off that Viper in just about every metric for about a quarter of what that Viper will cost. BMW engines offer a stout well built motor that allow for massive additional horsepower mods with little rebuilding or parts substitution. Engine/transmission swapping is modular, plug and play, almost as easy as a Chevy, and the options are vast. Hartge shoved a V12 in an e34 and actually made it look like it belonged there. For this reason it is the hobbyists favourite 'euro' brand by far.

>it's a performance car
4 cylinder bmw.. LMAO
so delusional

but i need a laugh again, so say one more time that a fucking 4 cylnider bmw is like a viper! KEK

>With that said, I can buy a clean e30 two door with manual and an aftermarket turbo that will blow the doors off that Viper in just about every metric for about a quarter of what that Viper will cost
No you cant. Considering a a 1st gen gts is 20k-30k, and you can pick up a 3rd gen srt10 for less than 40k

Thanks for the encouragement and nice l33t digits, but I live in a third world country and I'm a jobless college student lol
Any E34 is at least 13k here and M5s are unheard of

You should be able to put together a good turbo e30 for under $10 k. That would be a quarter of the price you are quoting. You can buy a clean turbo e30 on revsunlimited right now for $10 k.

myvideo.ge/v/1762418

kamotorsperformance.com/kamotors-canyon-crusher-v2-t4-turbo-kit/

r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=375023

He'll probably take less....

It was an homologation special for Group A, a literal road-legal race car you humongous faggot

>You should be able to put together a good turbo e30 for under $10 k
cool, will it put down 11 second quarter miles and go over 300kph though?

still a hopped up 318i economy car

>it's far from "just a few" and engine parts are the ones that matter the most
So the important stuff like the block, heads, cam, intake and exhaust manifolds that are unique to the Viper don't matter, but accessories do? Gotcha. The M3 has a M10 block with an M88 head, but somehow that's more special than the Vipers engine being co-developed with Lamborghini and cast in a different material than the one it was based on.

>that's where you're wrong kiddo
No, he's not. M3 suspension parts, brakes and all other mechanical, cosmetic and interior parts can bolt right in to a base 3 series. The point he's making is the Viper doesn't share chassis or suspension pieces with other Chrysler products.

>it's a performance car, the only reason it packs 4 cyls is because it could be made faster than the 6 cyl engines
Or because it was a homologation edition and needed to comply to the rules of the series it ran in. Other E30s had an I6. Also, even BMW made faster cars than the E30 M3. It's not like it was some super fast car in it's day.

>it's not about the ads, it's about where it's placed in the market. Go autistically screech somewhere else
3 series are "entry level luxury" in America, in germany a 4cyl 3 series is the equivalent of a Civic.

>in fact the e30 is the most successful road racing car ever produced ;^)

Laughing911s.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=EPdJ99JRtt8

I think you want a little heavier platform for 300 km/hr. There I would recommend the 850csi, or the Alpina B10. Both have been known to hit near 200 mile an hour with just a little bit of tweaking.

M3 had an s14. And those m10's are nothing to sneeze at, BMW motorsport built those up to 1000 hp for use in their F1 racing program.

Why do insecure FCA cucks always get so overly defensive whenever an FCA product is mentioned?

stop projecting bmw cuck

alfa>bmw
stay btfo

>can bolt right in to a base 3 series
You can also use Viper parts to upgrade a Ram truck, what's your point?

>M3 had an s14.

No shit? It's a M10 based block with a M88 based head. And I never said they can't be built up. You're arguing the wrong points stupid.

I agree with this but it has nothing to do with the Viper vs M3 discussion

The M3 mechanical bits do not bolt on to the standard 3 series, educate yourself.
Also the M3 indeed is the most successful road racing car and it is more successful than the 911 (1436 victories in 1638 days), again educate yourself.

alfas are unreliable fwd shitheaps though
and the best alfa currently is an overweight pigfat ugly autotragic v6 sedan
pretty sad tb h

>factory riced econobox
>Ultimate Driving Machine
I'll pass

It's leaner than the M3 and the C63, it's faster, it's available as manual if you're a cuck who doesn't like being faster, and its V6 is a god tier engine that's basically a Ferrari F154 with two cylinders removed. Keep projecting though.

>Also the M3 indeed is the most successful road racing car and it is more successful than the 911 (1436 victories in 1638 days),
kek i was waiting for a bmwfangirl to bring up the e30s 'success' racing against front wheel drive econoboxes

>US spec

>faster
only on a straight line
the giulia struggles to catch the 430 hp on track despite having 80 hp more
same with the c63

fwd has the upper hand in rally retard, educate yourself

>Nürburgring is a straight line
topkek

That's a Euro car, the US bumpers are monstrous and the front indicators look like elephant ears

those bumpers are euro? wtf I hate europe now

>The entire m3 suspension can be bolted directly to your e30, no modification

bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1352938-e30-M3-suspension-on-e30-325i

Educate yourself, faggot.

Also, citation on your claim.

it was competeing with much more powerful rwd/awd cars such as the sierra rs cosworth, nissan gtr, alfa 75 turbo, maserati biturbo, audi 300 quattro, holden commodore
There is a good reason the price for E30 M3's has skyrocketed and it's not some meme movie like fast and furious

some suspension bits fit, most of the stuff requires welding. That is not exaclty a "bolt on"

I bought later 628csi bumpers because they have the smallest valence, the 633 and 635 had big valences from 83 to 89, the earlier cars had nicer front bumpers but the big brick rear bumper instead of the thin wraparound.

the later eu models have the best bumper imo.

>Remember when BMWs were actually the ultimate driving machines?

No

thats a cool car

that one looks god tier
I like that car, feels like it's an open wheel devil's machine with a body put on it to tame it

>road racing
>rally
lmao

>sierra rs cosworth, nissan gtr, audi 300 quattro
lost championships to all those cars. heck it even lost to vl commodores in quite few races LMAO

yeah they look good with the small bumpers
do you own one?

>group A
>not rally
Also rally takes place on roads, on dirt roads. Educate yourself faggot.

BMWfags on suicide watch

I like that look as well, but the 628 euro bumpers just make it look even more shark like. If I was going to go for a more performance oriented build I would use the bumpers in your pic or the B7 Turbo valence (which mounts to my 628 bumper)

it did win against the audi 300 and nissan gtr though

>rally retard
truly the sport of cucks

Pro tip: Everything BMW from that era is skyrocketing. Try and find a low mile 10 k e31. Same with M5, and 540 manual e34's. Even M3 e36's are moving. People will lament the bottom in pricing back in 2009 when you could buy an 850csi for $25k. Good lightweight, easy to mod, decently powered cars. Collectibles even.

Are those xenon projectors? Wow

Yep I have an 83 633, just got started on it the euro bumpers are still in the back of my truck

I'm the guy who you replied to but thanks for the keks

I still hate the lower half of the front bumper. Someone with the know-how could make a killing selling fiberglass bodykits for de-ricing it.

>it did win against the audi 300 and nissan gtr though
did not win a single championship against either of these cars
a few races out of the season because of luck, nothing else
come 1993 it was being DESTROYED by eb falcons

What? your timing belt? for the third time this month, I assume?