Are Americans too stupid to operate a standard transmission?

Are Americans too stupid to operate a standard transmission?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8Iec-uG_c
youtube.com/watch?v=sCEzEVJkO1U
youtube.com/watch?v=BM2gLjfE_3Y
dailycaller.com/2016/06/01/swedish-govt-kicks-family-out-of-housing-to-make-room-for-refugees/
geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/2015/09/hallo_nederland_u_wordt_vervangen.html
m.metronieuws.nl/buitenland/2015/09/moeder-en-kind-3-moeten-huis-uit-voor-asielzoekers
youtube.com/watch?v=rtF_UiwPRYo
clashdaily.com/2016/11/watch-80yr-old-hotel-owner-forced-house-muslim-refugees/
info.kopp-verlag.de/hintergruende/deutschland/torben-grombery/platzmachen-fuer-fluechtlinge-stadt-wirft-achtkoepfige-familie-aus-ihrem-haus.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11902296/Second-German-woman-evicted-from-her-home-to-make-way-for-refugees.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YeqG0CqzHq4
youtube.com/watch?v=nImA9omDSrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

They they can't drive

youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8Iec-uG_c

Are Europeans too poor to afford an automatic transmission?

In Europe, only retarded or otherwise disabled people need to drive automatic.

Yes, it is well known that the average American is moderately retarded.
just look how popular religion is over there, religion is only popular with stupid people.

I'm too poor to buy a car with standard transmission

Used autos are cheaper than manuals

Manual is the norm over here and thus we are accustomed to it. Once you've learned it it's a second nature.

The same can be said about tyrannical governments

We were driving standard model T's when you faggots were still riding horses.

The last time I checked most euro semi tractors were going automatic because it's more fuel efficient. Even our "steering wheel holders" fresh of the boat can still drive an 18 speed.

In America do people get their license and then have to redo the test if they want to have a manual after they realize they like driving and want to be more involved?

Exactly, the Americans would know the best.

Nah, they do take the one simple test and then they'll be allowed to drive pretty much everything.

Nope. You can take the test in a Auto then go drive a standard. I'm pretty sure you can even get your class 1 license without driving stick if you go to some shady driving school.

I thought you didn't even have to go to driving school in the US

That doesn't even make any sense.

Don't project you pathetic fuck.

Maybe he listens to too much Alex Jones

You don't.

assmad american fangirl

Technically you don't but most people do because they think they have to.

You better watch out, or I'll report that Hate Speech™ to your local Citizen Management Department™

youtube.com/watch?v=sCEzEVJkO1U

Why can't americans into winter driving?

Be careful with these trademarks, you could get sued for unauthorized use.

At at least least we we can can type type

Because they don't use winter tires

>Be american
>Say something bad about the president or its wall street donors
>Sent to guantanamo for indefinite time

Freedom ain't free

Most are, but I'm not

>be yurocuck
>get removed from home because """"""""refugees"""""""" need a place to stay

That shit doesn't happen though, does it?
Yeah I've seen that vid with the Italian hotel or whatever, but Italy is a shithole that doesn't care about its citizens to begin with and it wasn't a home.

1.- that doesnt happen
2.- Not a yuro

Keep sperging

youtube.com/watch?v=BM2gLjfE_3Y

Serious question here

Don't you americans learn how to drive during the winter time?

This isn't a matter of knowing to drive, it's just that they are driving around in summer tires.

tits or gtfo

Not a grill, sorry

>This isn't a matter of knowing to drive

But it is
The car won't be steerable if the wheels are locked up

You wouldn't attempt driving if your car isn't fit for the conditions

You would have your car's lights on making yourself visible

That shit wouldn't happen if they had the proper tires.
The majority of the glorified European drivers would do the same in that situation.

>flying over a blind hill crest in shit conditions doing the speed limit or higher
>blaming others for when you slide into the ditch

Classic. I'll bet half those people didn't have winters on either. Like having cones further up the hill would have done anything.

>That shit wouldn't happen if they had the proper tires.
The car could still slide with winter tires on. If you ever have been driving during the winter you'd know. And the wheels will still lock up if you'd apply the brakes fully.

>The majority of the glorified European drivers would do the same in that situation
Probably not as we have a proper driving education

Manual can utilize the power band of a low displacement engine better. Autos only make sense on boat anchors that blubber away at 2k rpm and 15 mpg all day.

lmao, displacelet excuses

Yeah it could slide, but not at those speeds and not on that surface.
>Probably not as we have a proper driving education
>implying this shit doesn't happen in Europe in icy conditions
>implying you can teach the general public how to drive in the winter without actual practise

During snow storms like this, you aren't supposed to go fast. We had a big snowstorm in my city this year when the winter was otherwise mild with little snow in general. I had all season tires and I ended up going around 20-30 kmh the whole way home from work because any faster than that would send me sliding out of control.

>implying this shit doesn't happen in Europe in icy conditions
I've never seen this happen in person or on TV here in Europe.

Haha me neither probably because people use winter tires here.
It does happen on a smaller scale though

Manlet? That seat is really close to the steering wheel.

Are you stupid? A manual transmission can also help you make use of all the power of a bigger engine

Why do Americans call manual transmissions "standard" when they all drive automatics?

>"stupid people can't get up a hill! just watch this, suckers. OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT"

>"what a moron. watch how to properly drive up a hill. ohnoohnoohno!"

>"seriously? it's not THAT hard. Oooops!"

Is this how things like this happens?

They also call it 'stick'. Automatic cars do have 'stick's as well, though.

Seats are from another car, they're taller and longer than the old ones. I also prefer a more upright driving position for muh visibility, I don't see how people (mostly Basketball Americans) can drive with the seat reclined and pushed all the way back.

Manuals used to be standard equipment on most cars, auto was an option. The naming just stuck anyway despite it now being reversed.

My guess is manual were standard equipment while automatic were a feature when they first came out.

As an American, yes. Yes we are.

If those people are having issues with those conditions then they'd last 15 fucking minutes in Canada without crashing and dying. That's not even a fucking hill, My city has 20% roads and people can go up and down them without issues in winter. Even the national highways have way the fuck steeper and longer hills. Even our fucking immigrants that have never seen snow can drive better than those fucking idiots.

America would be fucked in a ice age.

>not going back ~500 meters and putting up emergency signs and/or waving to cars
Holy fuck amerifats, can you even be fucked to help save someone from danger?
You deserve to die out.

If you walk down the road, you'll get ran over by another shit driver out of control.

It's far more important making a video to post on facebook for likes than to actually warn others

don't you know?

Yeah but jumping out the car into the road while it's rolling is an ok, huh?

Walk on the other side then?
Is it so hard to think?

meant to answer to Sorry.

Seems like it.
Pitiful.

>there aren't cars driving on the other side of the road

Italy, Sweden, Netherlands and Belgium. These 4 I know for sure. I'm from the third myself

Proofs?

Are you a fucking idiot?
Is there a huge fucking traffic accident on the other side?
Will cars on the "other side" brake and swerve, sliding uncontrollably into you?
You are continuing to prove that amerifats are idiotic when it comes to situations which are not in their daily routine.
Please, think what would you do in that situation.

Sorry for calling you an idiot and an amerifat tho.
I was too angry, now I've calmed down.

>Will cars on the "other side" brake and swerve, sliding uncontrollably into you?
Are the drivers on the "other side" also Americans? The answer may surprise you.

What? Please elaborate, I don't understand your point.

>retards flying over a hill with 3 inches of snow in their worn out burgermobile tires
>dur NEEDA CUPPLE MOAR KONES
>Fuckin' Coporotions muh KOANS!

This

What if there were kids playing in the road? Would it be the kids' fault?

Don't Amerifats justify not owning winter tyres with the fact that it seldom snows where ever they might be living? Then they just keep driving as usual when it actually snows.

Sure friendo, I'm on my phone though, so it'l take a while.

Sweden:
dailycaller.com/2016/06/01/swedish-govt-kicks-family-out-of-housing-to-make-room-for-refugees/

Netherlands
geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/2015/09/hallo_nederland_u_wordt_vervangen.html
>Amsterdam
I know, it's in Dutch, but students were kicked out and told to go back to their parents because muh rapefugees

Belgium
m.metronieuws.nl/buitenland/2015/09/moeder-en-kind-3-moeten-huis-uit-voor-asielzoekers
Dutch too. Mother and child (3 y/o) kicked out because syrians have priority when it comes to living space

>"it snows? no matter 'cuz I got this SUV with ALL seasons"

>then they'd last 15 fucking minutes in Canada

And you peckers wouldn't last 15 seconds in the Yoop.

youtube.com/watch?v=rtF_UiwPRYo

I'm annoyed by the fact that none of the cars hit the Comcast trucks or the cunts driving them.

So it's public housing/dorms? Things that people are not really entitled to? Heh, I don't support this by any means and I'd be outraged if that happened in my country, but it's that big of a deal. It's just stuff that people don't own in the first place being taken away from them.

>If those people are having issues with those conditions then they'd last 15 fucking minutes in Canada without crashing and dying.
Canadians are also fucking shit at driving and have retarded licensing system.

>even the police and snow truck loses control

Surely, a snow truck driver would know it was too icy to drive without tire chains?

Pastaland
clashdaily.com/2016/11/watch-80yr-old-hotel-owner-forced-house-muslim-refugees/

Bonus #1: Germoney
info.kopp-verlag.de/hintergruende/deutschland/torben-grombery/platzmachen-fuer-fluechtlinge-stadt-wirft-achtkoepfige-familie-aus-ihrem-haus.html
In German. Family of 8 gets kicked out. I'm sure you'll be able to google translate this and the Dutch ones to whatever your native language is.

Bonus #2: Germoney AGAIN
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11902296/Second-German-woman-evicted-from-her-home-to-make-way-for-refugees.html
Note that the article says it's the 2nd german woman to be evicted. A link to the first is present in the article.

Because of the fake news memes, make of it what you will. I will say this, I rent an appartment in a fairly wealthy town, not too far from my university. I see 911's daily. A bunch of rich folks do not want the gubment to place refugees in this town because muh property value. Whenever the government sets its eyes on a piece of property, say, an empty gym, the rich folks pool some money together to buy it before the government can claim it. They start charity stuff in the buildings so the government can't say it's empty. The town is Haren, in Groningen, for any Dutchman reading along.

Just a couple more years untill I'll be done studying medicine, after that I'm gone.

>he NEEDS winter tires to drive in winter
might as well just turn in your license

I Don't consider anything east of Alberta to be Canada, It might as well be the US for all I care. The IQ drops the further east you go.

They are pretty fucking bad bot not no-snow US or the UK with a 1/4'' of snow retarded. It doesn't help that they can drive here after not ever experiencing snow before.

Tire chains do dick all on bare pavement with ice, That would only make it worse. It just destroys the road and your tires. They're french so what do you expect?

Of course, mr. Rally Driver.
Do you drive the same on snow as you do on dry tarmac?

>The town is Haren, in Groningen, for any Dutchman reading along.
Fuck, I went to high school there.

yes

>Tire chains do dick all on bare pavement with ice
I beg to differ.

In most european countries, public housing is not really public but owned by these huge corporations which, along with regularly priced housing, also offer government subsidized housing. The corporation still remains owner of the property. No idea where you're from, but here in toothpasteland you can't evict someone unless they do something illegal or otherwise forbidden in the contract. Otherwise the renter can only be evicted after a visit to the court. For an example, in Germoney, someone opened a can of surströmming, the pig disgusting rotten herring. Even that took a lengthy court battle to get him evicted, even though the guy just left the can in the stairway of the appartment building

He's just b8ing, m8

And I don't consider anything outside the UP to be the U.S. and the average nineteen year old is effectively a rally driver here-

youtube.com/watch?v=YeqG0CqzHq4

Quod erat demonstrandum, everyone NOT American is a shit driver.

Really mate? The international one, maarten or zernike?

Zernike, before they moved to the new building.

I'm in Lithuania, and while I don't know much about public housing (thank god for that), I do definitely know that it's always owned by the local government.
Anyways, if it's illegal to evict someone without a reason, then it's a fucking blessing to the ones evicted. They can sue the government and win a huge sum of money.

>telecom worker puts cones out on the road without wearing a high visibility vest

As a former AT&T tech, that's an OSHA violation.

Because Europe is densely populated and wealthy. America is huge and government workers are lazy; in many places snow is left on the road and they are not salted (especially in the midwest where most of the photos and videos come from).

Most European roads are cleaned by the hour.

OHSHI-

I don't see these guys using chains.

youtube.com/watch?v=nImA9omDSrQ

Those people are getting shit-mixed because they keep the brake pedal mashed down and their wheels locked.

That was a freak snowstorm from Georgia or like one of the Carolinas, where they literally have none or barely any provisions for snow removal.

>I don't see these guys using chains

Because they're using studded winter rally tires

Also visibility in shit like this is zilch- I was on I75 this past December and in shit like that you're lucky to have visibility or two car lengths in front of you and you've gotta keep your head on the swivel doing about 45/50 so the soccer mom still doing 70 doesn't utterly ass pack you.

This.

As you can see in the chains have studs. The whole point of the chains is the studs, so if your tires already have studs built into them, there's no point in having chains.

youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw