I am 6'2 220 pounds and I am a beginner at the bike riding world (Owned a dirtbike(KX250) for about 3 months and a...

I am 6'2 220 pounds and I am a beginner at the bike riding world (Owned a dirtbike(KX250) for about 3 months and a streetbike (250 ninja) for 2 months) and I am debating getting a CRF250L although I am not quite sold.

Pros:
>Very reliable
>Cheap both new and used
>Lots of aftermarket

Cons
>Low seat height
>weak as fuck
>low top speed

I am thinking about getting one to test the waters and see if I will actually get into the riding scene, or if its just an impulse. This is one of the reasons why I like the low price tag, not to mention on my Ninja 250 I never felt like I had so little power that I could not comfortable cruise.

>what does Veeky Forums think?

>not getting the best dual sport ever made

get a 450 or every trip will be pull your hair out trip
nothing worse than riding a 250cc dual sport

Fugg forgot pic

>450

So a KTM high strung dual sport requiring a insane maintenance interval? That makes no sense, if OP is just getting into the scene it makes sense to get a cheap small 250 that will do everything you NEED to do. Sure it doesnt have arm ripping torque, but they are super reliable and gives him the chance to see if he enjoys riding. If he doesnt his loss when he sales will be alot cheaper than if he bought

Better to live a day as a lion than a year as a cuck

Kek

I'm considering getting an XR400R for some trail riding with my brother.
At the moment he has an '86 XL250, which is fun but something with more power would be nice.
I want something that doesn't require a heap of maintaining, so I could leave it in the shed for a month and just pull it out and ride it.

SOMEONE IN SOCAL PLEASE BUY MY FUCKING GROM

ewww, why did you buy that?

What is your budget? a slightly used CRF250L is like $3000 in my area

Probably ~$2k Australian.

DR650

>old as fuck
>ugly as fuck
>air-cooled as fuck
>suzuki as fuck

At that point may as well buy a XR650L

So, no argument then

I dont think it would offer anything over the CRF250L.

The only thing the DR has going for it over the CRF is power, other than that the chassis and EFI on the CRF will make a huge difference on the dated DR.

Who said ktm? Wr450 or something nerd

>offroad only

Sorry you live in a shithole country that doesn't allow the registration of 450 enduro bikes.

Join the BMW master race and be done with it.

>G450X was nuked
don't you dare suggest a pigfat F/G650, it makes a DR/XR650L feel like OP's 250.

wr250r is also worth a look, probably about the same price and category.
a few of my friends have the wr and love them.

if you've ridden a few bikes already you probably have an idea of whether you'll like it or not though so may as well get something decent, most used bikes will hold their value pretty well anyway

They actually cost over $1500 more.

The WR250X would be the closer competitor. I'm just glad I don't live in a crappy country that forces you to ride these underpowered commuters disguised as dirt bikes.

Where do you live?

good if you have not ridden much. WR250x is all I have now. To be honest I wish the japanese would make a production 450 ADV/DS. The only choice I have is the KTM or Husqvarna. They are super nice but I don't eat to spend $11k

The Japanese market sticks to economical models. The CRF250 is a huge seller in third world shit holes, they have no motive to produce a larger displacement model.

Why was the G450X nuked