I'm upgrading from a 250cc motorcycle and i'm not sure which bike I should upgrade to

I'm upgrading from a 250cc motorcycle and i'm not sure which bike I should upgrade to

I've narrowed down my choices to these:

Harley-Davidson
>883
>1200 Custom
>Forty-Eight
>Roadster

or

Triumph
>Street Cup
>Street Twin
>Bonneville (900cc)
>Bonneville (1200cc)

I'm 5'9 btw, inb4 manlet

Thanks guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ojN6WSuSA
youtube.com/watch?v=346xkbwFtYo
youtube.com/watch?v=hfYVdLjLbU8
cycleworld.com/victory-motorcycles-to-be-shut-down
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

either 1200 or 883
i would personally go with the 883 because im 5'6
bonneville 900 is nice too

Why not look at the Indian Scout Sixty, Indian Scout, and Victory Octane instead?

If you're a manlet, 883
If you're above manlet, 1200

>source: non-manlet who started on an 883 sporty and felt like I was on a Grom, so I upgraded to a 1340cc Softtail.

Pic related, mai baiku.

and the Octane.

Are they reliable?

The reason why I narrowed down it to those motorcycles was because the evolution engines are solid, and triumph has a decent reputation.

The Scout and Victory are all new clean sheet designs. The Scout's been out since 2015, and the Octane since 2017. There are no horror stories yet and reviews rave how great the things are.

why not a Honda shadow?

I've got a 750 ace as a daily and it works wonderful.

or are you not into jap brands?

I don't mind them, but i'm planning on keeping these motorcycle for a really long time. I've read on forums (mainly Harley) that the big 4 constantly turn over engines, and parts are hard to come by or they are extremely expensive.

>cruiser loser

Directly kys yourself so we don't have to see or hear you

both look really nice, but Victory shut down their operations recently, said they will have parts for at least 10 year, but I assume the parts will be expensive

just reading the reviews, it seems to outperform on all levels when against the 1200 lineup

what worries me is that it's new, and i don't want to get fucked over by recalls, or defects

>but Victory shut down their operations recently, said they will have parts for at least 10 year, but I assume the parts will be expensive
lies. Victory is owned by Polaris who also owns Indian. Victory is being killed so the company can concentrate on Indian. Parts are easy to get and any Indian or Polaris dealer can service it

>I've read on forums (mainly Harley) that the big 4 constantly turn over engines, and parts are hard to come by

1)Consider the source
2)Most of the jap cruisers aren't your pappy's shovelhead. They won't need to be torn down every 30,000 for a rebuild. There are many cases of the Honda vt750, vt1100, and VTX1300 going well over 100,000 miles without any major service. The same can be said for yamaha's line of mid range cruisers.

The odds of you needing to do anything other than change oil and keep fresh rubber on any of the 750-1800cc jap cruisers is pretty low.

This desu

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ojN6WSuSA
youtube.com/watch?v=346xkbwFtYo
youtube.com/watch?v=hfYVdLjLbU8

>The company will support dealers in selling remaining inventory through the next 18 months as the company prepares to cease this portion of its business, and will continue to support owners with parts and service for the next 10 years.

>cycleworld.com/victory-motorcycles-to-be-shut-down

but the Scout looks really nice

>and will continue to support owners with parts and service for the next 10 years.
And that's basically what I said. Indian dealers will have parts for it and be able to service it.

oh sorry, the only problem is that a dealership is kind of far from me (45 mins), while the harley dealership is close (15 mins)

they're constantly adding more Indian dealers. Driving farther to get a better product is worth it.

Of what you listed, the big bonneville, or check out a speedmaster.

In that company, I'd also suggest the Kawasaki W800 and the Moto Guzzi V7. My choice however would be the previously mentioned Indian Scout or Victory Octane.

They quit making the Speedmaster. They replaced it with the Bonneville Bobber...Sad!

Harley riders are faggots. They shit on the sportsters and any other bike that isn't a Dyna and up, Harley.

The only thing Harley has on the Triumph's, is aftermarket parts. You can replace every part on a Harley.

it takes a sophisticated refined man to buy a triumph

any nigger can get a harley apparently

I see niggers all around me, riding their street glides, while they play jungle music from their stereos. I have never seen a black man on a Triumph.

You can probably still find a few new old stock at dealers though.

not having triumph rocket 3 as a option..

i see why you are upgrading you want a cruiser bike and the smaller 250cc aint doing it for you
yes because they are owned by polaris. they do not sound like a harley and dont really attract the "harley type" fanbase.

the reason harleys are good is their are more upgrade parts than their are for the polaris indians or the triumphs at the moment
another could consider is the honda goldwing

Rocket III's and Goldwings are fucking massive heavy bikes though. While the riding skills from the 250 will translate, that is a lot of weight to get used to at slow speeds. OP sounds like he wants something more intermediate. A Thunderbird or VTX might be more up his alley.

Suzuki M109R or, better bets are a VMax, Street Triple, Speed Triple or R1200R

M109R

All good bikes, but way, way more power than anything OP suggested in his post.

VMax

R1200R

The BMW R1200R is probably the easiest bike in the world to ride. It is extremely contollable and comfortable. I got 48mpg on my R1150R. It can be had used under $5k, less if you want to go older. And, as any riding instructor will tell you, if you ride, the amount of power is not an issue-- you will grow into it.

The M109R is heavy-- 750lbs, but it is easy to manage. It was my 2nd bike.

The VMax and the Triumphs can be a bit more of a handful due to their more aggressive chassis...

OP will not grow out of any of these bikes.

I don't think OP is looking for something he won't "outgrow", he's looking for the "right" fit.

From what he posted, a bike between 500-700 pounds, with about 85 to 100 hp and a good bottom end. Big enough to do some distance on, but not a monster either.

R1200R fits every requirement you tossed out...

Well ok then. That's another one to consider if OP like sauerkraut. But stuff like a wing, or V-max, or Rocket are way out.

Wing is not me. BMW and Zuki are mine. I have owned them both and done 400 miles/day on both. The BMW wins every time. The downside to any Bimmer is the cost of parts.

The Harleys are not going to turn or stop as well as the bimmer (it is just a fact-- deal with it) and the Bonnies are going to get old real fast. The Triples are the only Triumphs worth looking at if you plan on keeping it rather than flipping it in a yr or two. The Scout was an interesting suggestion, but I have never ridden one (But want to).

All told, I would give the R1200R as a first bike-- it is that easy to ride.