What's your opinions on the new Land Rover Discovery?

What's your opinions on the new Land Rover Discovery?

Other urls found in this thread:

motoring.com.au/jaguar-land-rover-readying-straight-six-petrol-and-diesels-for-2017-102099/
architecturaldigest.com/story/land-rovers-chief-creative-officer-explains-designing-their-stylish-cars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like a Ford Explorer.
They gave up any notion of design work since they know people only buy it for the badge. Likely to be popular in China.

LR really needs some new designers because sooner or later all their SUVs are going to be bland as fuck. The Series II Disco will always be the best Disco!

I'm personally interested to see what comes of their new LandRover/TATA 500cc/cylinder diesel modular engine design. 4 cylinder 2.0L is first, with rumours of a 3.0L inline six and a 4.0L V8 to follow. Probably a 1500cc 3 cylinder for the TATA market too.

>offset license plate for no fucking reason
I know previous ones had it because of the spare wheel BUT THERE'S NO GOD DAMN SPARE WHEEL.

I thought that was a shop. What the fuck kind of back end is that

>inb4 it's two fucking meters wide without mirrors and they expect you to drive it outside of the US

GOOD FUCKING NEWS EVERYONE, IT'S ONLY 1.99 METERS WIDE

I saw it in a commercial on TV the other day and wondered why the Evoque suddenly looked so bloated.

I get the whole brand design thing but this one just turned out extremly bland.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY

motoring.com.au/jaguar-land-rover-readying-straight-six-petrol-and-diesels-for-2017-102099/
>Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) will roll out all-new straight-six diesel and petrol engines next year and phase out all of its current ageing V6s.

>Designed for all-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive applications, the new straight-six engines are part of the ‘Ingenium’ family of engines that already power — in four-cylinder configuration — the Discovery Sport and Jaguar XE.

YES

What's the most patrician per-cylinder displacement in the world and why is it 500cc?

>makes sense as 1.5L 3-cyl
>makes sense as 2.0L 4-cyl
>makes sense as 2.5L 5-cyl
>makes sense as 3.0L 6-cyl
>makes sense as 4.0L 8-cyl
>makes sense as 5.0L 10-cyl
>makes sense as 6.0L 12-cyl

Looks like a car for people who can't afford a Range Rover but still want a Land Rover would buy.

Post maintenance bills

Looks like a Jeep/Dodge/Ford child

>window switch position

who the fuck thought of that

You must be missing brain if you buy a used one. If you buy a new Disco - prepare for $10,000 dealer delivery service. Or you can buy a Mazda

>Mazda
>Discovery

These cars aren't comparable in the slightest.

>offset license plate
>literally no bumper
>bland and uninteresting as fuck

what the fuck is this

I think it's alright, but I still don't like how Land Rover is so obsessed making all their vehicles look exactly the same.

>NJ license plate
>In a place that's obviously not NJ
>Only one plate

CX5 is. More extras for less. I hope you did not expect to do real off-roading in Disco

Like all things from Landing Strip One, it's total shit.

save and retort britcuck threads folks.

They are optimizing the experience for the driver rather than the experience for the observer. But its still boring.

Why can't Land Rover do just a couple of oddball heritage cars with personality, like how Mercedes does the low run G wagons? A tricked out limited run defender maybe

2018 Defender. Meh.

>see first pic,
>"oh its just another retarded photoshop thread"
>see second pic

> LR head designer
> The trick is to make it more universally desirable without making it generic. That was the challenge with this vehicle, which, compared to the outgoing vehicle, is a massive shift.

I'd hate to see what it looks like if design wasn't a priority

architecturaldigest.com/story/land-rovers-chief-creative-officer-explains-designing-their-stylish-cars

> LR head designer
> The trick is to make it more universally desirable without making it generic. That was the challenge with this vehicle, which, compared to the outgoing vehicle, is a massive shift.

I'd hate to see what it looks like if design wasn't a priority

I've always loved the discovery series, but everything comes to an end i guess. I don't even know how to describe what I'm feeling when looking at the new one. I saw it in traffic the other day, without actually knowing it was the new discovery. I shrugged it off as i thought it was like a new model of that hideous "discovery sport" but learning that its the actual new discovery makes me sad. And that rear window looks like it was stolen right off a merc ML

If it meats the objectives required of the Defender, who gives a shit?

>meats
meets* lol

I don't like the back of it. And I really like most Land Rover designs.

I think they will. They have a Classics division now where you can buy classic restored Land Rovers. They have SVO where you can do a bunch of custom work. I think they'll go more that way. Have to remember that, compared to Mercedes, Land Rover is tiny. They had a great year last year, doing over 80,000 cars. That's less than HALF of just the number of C classes sold in the US.