Is matte a meme? i love how they look on muscle cars but i hear matte is actually a bitch to maintain

is matte a meme? i love how they look on muscle cars but i hear matte is actually a bitch to maintain

Matte is and always has been stupid.

Proper bitch to maintain

Ur Mom is a bitch to maintain.

100% of good looking matte photos are shopped. It never looks good in daylight, gets dirty really easy too

This.I've owned several vehicles in matte black and stone.

Matte is good in pictures, not in person.
Matte looks horrible with trim too, especially anything chrome.

Literally looks like a fucking rattle can paint job. Don't understand people who do this

>looks like a fucking rattle can paint job
that's pretty much the reason, emulating primer

I think it only looks acceptable on the original muscle cars

To me, matte just makes your car's paint look oxidized in a way. Never really like it.

>Previous owner rattlecan'ed truck in bedliner
>Fading and chipping
>Looks like ass
>Always dirty
>Can't clean because bedliner rips apart sponge
>Can't sand because bedliner
>only option is to sandblast and repaint
>sand and repaint a 20 year old shitbox?
FML

jesus christ, that looks terrible

is that a rooftop ac? if so, why?

you post your shitbox all the time. I actually like it

it looks like something from Mad Max. The dirtier and rougher it is the better

i personally believe it looks good on certain newer muscle cars and kinda horrible on *almost* anything else

i saw a matte black 2016 mustang once with those weird triangle LED's on front and it looked decent

other than that the only cars that could pull it off is probably an old school buggy

Not him but I remember him saying that it used to be an ambulance of some kind.

BTFO tbqh

I know it looks terrible. The sad part is this is the best pic of it I can find.

See .
Not the route I would have personally gone, but whatever... It gives it "character" and I can always find it in a parking lot.

>I post all the time
I do? Never thought I would have something that stands out and is memorable here. I also doubted it would be recognized outside of /org.

>Dirtier and rougher the better
True. The way I see it I'm not really out to impress anyone with it so....

In hindsight though, I would never paint a truck in bed liner, and advise anyone thinking to do so against it.

On the matte black topic, does matte black look better if the car is wrapped compared to painted?

matte damon

looks like inbetween matte and gloss

It can't be any harder to maintain that the chyrsler piece of shit that it is slopped onto.

I like matte in general even when it's all beat up

I just think it's the nicest looking finish.

Flat black was intended for racing to reduce glare on the massive muscle car hoods.
If you have an issue "maintaining" your paint, then I'd be terrified to see what the condition of the rest of your car is in...

>looks like inbetween matte and gloss
it's semi-gloss

mercedes stock matte looks pretty good, haven't seen any other cars pull it off

Yeah, it's Satin. car is no longer the colour due to looking like crap if you don't constantly tend to it

Yes. That look was played out years ago.

Never understood why anybody would believe having a car with PS2 graphics looked good.