How do you cope with rattling noise in your car that you can't spot and therefore not fix?

I drive brand new cars, so I don't have this issue.

>mfw solid motor and tranny mounts on a 17 year old 240sx

>mfw i make it vibrate and rattle on purpose

>mfw it taint and pussy tickles

>17 year old 240sx
fucking meant 27 holy shit

turn music up louder so I cant hear the rattles

I dont. Every single squeek and rattle must be hunted down and eliminated through use of a plastic plug remover and stick-on floor protectors/insulation tape

Fantasize about the next car I'm gonna buy after my car splits in half because I couldn't find the source of the rattle.

just fixed a rattling pedal spacer nut today. feels good. Other than that I get the occasional license plate on dash rattle depending on road/speed. Ordering the suction things soon

gf's car has a loose splash shield that I can hear constantly. how it doesn't bother her I don't know. Gonna try and zip tie it up tomorrow

Oh man I keep hearing one in the back of my hatch that I can't pin point. It sounds like a high pitched cricket. I might just take off all the panels back there and put them back on one by one to pinpoint it.

Never been unable to trace the source of a rattle.

I find them every single time.

Sure, sometimes I need someone else to drive while I listen and hunt, but I find them every single time.

>squeaky pulley

going to have to grease all 8 of these fuckers

>tfw cupholder rattles unless you got a large sodiepop in it

How do you do it. Give me tips please I'm trying to get rid of small rattles and it's annoying

>dad buys brand new Chevy
>almost instantly begins to rattle
>sells it because it's a piece of shit
>buys an eight years old Volvo that almost doesn't rattle

get gud at root cause analysis

I've had screws and n u t s falling out from under my dash since the day I got my car.

You de-sensitise a little.

>I drive brand new cars, so I don't have this issue.

Same here. Once another car hits you or you hit another car, rattles can begin. The frame straightening doesn't stop that even though they re-weld all the broken welds that occurred after straightening the frame. But they might not have rewelded perfectly so some edge that shakes a little is touching something else so you get a buzzing type noise.

>have rattling noise in car
>hoon around city
>suddenly a speed bump appears out of nowhere
>toolatetobrake.jpg
>car violently launches for orbit
>not for long
>mayday, we're going down!
>car lands back onto the road and I stop to assess the damage
>nothing
>drive off
>notice rattling is gone

Drive the car
Hear rattles
Use your power of hearing that has been sharpened through numerous years of heavy metal listening to pinpoint the rattle/noise
Test the "area" for whatever might be shaking/rattling
Put something inbetween the panel/whats rattling or tighten the bolt/screw if thats whats causing it

Mind you, I drive an x-cab pickup and as such its much easier to hear and locate stuff than it would be in, say, a larger sedan or a wagon

i've literally sold perfectly good cars because I couldn't pinpoint a rattle

I get agitated by shit like that so easily

Every rattling is important to know my car is still alive!

by not driving a Chrysler

It can always be found.

It can always be fixed.

I accept that a 21 year old car isn't going to be anything like the 2013 pickup I sold for it

>It can always be found.
>It can always be fixed.

You mean it might be fixed economically. If even one spot weld is broken, as the car moves, the other parts of the body will now groan or squeak. Finding that weld, especially if it is a spot weld, is difficult and even harder if it is one of those modern adhesive "welds". More are more joins are being done with adhesives than metal welds.

Use gopro.

>How do you do it. Give me tips please
What do these sounds appear to be? squeaks? long squeaks? high pitched? Rubbing squeaks? buzzing? creaking?

We cannot read your mind.

i just drove around for two years until it got bad enough for me to spot what was wrong.

you'll find out what it is when you start working around the wheels

>turn up music louder
>more rattles because sub