opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/16881807/once-more-triangle-strips-vs-triangle-lists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_shading
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This time I'm not posting progress since you told me my art was shit.

i hope we can all refrain from giving him replies. I believe in you guys.

Your art is shit.

SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

But that's fine, you can still get better. Did those fags at least tell you WHY your art was shit?

Anyone need art? Looking for a programmer.

No.

post art

I am looking for an artist but first tell me what software you are using.

Sure, but first can you tell me a little about your game?

Photoshop

Wow disgusting, nevermind.

Sorry but I'm not interested in photoshop at this time. Good luck in your endeavors though!

lol called it

>using proprietary software

>last 100 posts in the previous general were purely shitposting and actively ignoring any progress that was posted
are you proud of yourselves?

ew

Well, I spent that time making rain work, even though I can't solve basic character and camera movement. So, y'know, priorities.

Still better than the shitposters.

Rude.

progress lol haha :') sooooo drunk right now uwu

I added Health system, Collecting coins, explosions when hit, and boss moment for extra difficulty.

What do you think ?

Is this garry's mod?

Has the recap happened already?

Do spec maps always turn out shitty in unity, or am I just using them poorly somehow?

its fucking friday you imbecile of course it has

wait till next week

Man I remember when I use to try and make mods for HL2. I joined 5 mod teams as a modeler and they all fell apart without fail. Atleast I got actual experience making in-game models though.

Video Shame

In what situation would you want to use triangle strips instead of triangles? Isn't it horribly limiting to be forced to arrange triangles in a specific way?

Delete your account.

>engies

They're significantly more efficient to draw

That doesn't really answer the question.

it's thursday

You would use it in a situation where you want to minimise the amount of draw calls (aka always)

I'd only use them for big regular meshes, like terrain for example. Or some special effect meshes like trails.

This has nothing to do with draw calls.

strip = 1 draw call
tri = many draw calls

stackoverflow.com/questions/16881807/once-more-triangle-strips-vs-triangle-lists

You usually either use a indexed triangle list or triangle strip with current hardware, you are never drawing single triangles. You can have multiple triangles or triangle strips in a draw call. Using one or the other doesn't change the amount of drawcalls.

Sure it takes about a week to get the basics down. It takes years of practice to really get competent at it, though.

Strips use less memory because you don't double up vertex coords

3 days I have fought with UI design. I just can't come up with design that looks good and shows everything you want.

Speaking of draw calls, I often see people mentioning one magical call which draws everything and it makes me wonder: how?

I guess you can load still objects into one vertex array, but what about the rest? Or do you supposed to use frame buffers?

try harder
also post your current design

If i want to put my game on steam later, how do i implement their achievements?

I didn't understand a single thing you just said. What kind of game are you making where you have to think about that shit?

>frame buffers
yes, that's what they're talking about

What's a draw call?

You don't double any data in an indexed list either (except for the indices).

Maybe people are talking about defered rendering (lighting and stuff can be done there with a single additional draw call).
But for actual meshes you have to consider that putting everything in a single mesh makes culling pretty much impossible also animated meshes have to be seperated most likely.

I am biting the bullet and doing something I should have done a long time ago. I'm flattening the map to mostly 1 layer. The 3 layer thing just wasn't working... people had no idea where they were or what was happening. Feels really shitty to throw out a ton of work. But after flattening one section, it just feels so much better and clearer what is going on. It also makes the shortcuts so much clearer. The thing is, people just can't form mental spatial models of an abstracted psedo-3rd dimension.

It's hard to even explain what was going on, but there were essentially three "slices" of world that overlapped. Doors would take you between the slices. So everything was spatially congruous, there was no warping or teleporting. But it essentially felt like there was because when you moved through a door, you were in what seemed like a totally new place.

What is defered rendering?

>What kind of game are you making where you have to think about that shit
It's not about the game, it's about the method.

foreground and background can work nicely if done sparingly, see: rayman 1

Sorry, I meant by layers, actually three superimposed maps. Each layer has a foreground, midground, and background. You would weave between the three maps as you went through doors.

You draw your meshes with a simple shader to bunch of frame buffers (called g buffer) and then do the lighting calculations later, this method is used by UE 4 for example (probably with added shenanigans).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_shading

without any hints how those layers connect spatialy that does sound confusing.

Is this a mod you were working on?
Looks comfy.

ah in that case, look at abe's oddyssey, that had something like that, and it was rarely confusing

Thanks for the reference point. It's a game I've wanted to play for a while.

Then you should play it before continuing on your game, it'll probably give you gameplay and mechanics ideas.

the key takeaway is that the other layers were nearly always visible from where you were, or the layer had a transition animation that made it clear where you were going

Woops, posted in the old thread without even paying attention, working on a HUD element to show the player they don't have their sword, gonna add a small bar next to this next to give players a rough idea of how much time is left

Yeah I long time ago, was making an RPG with a friend with no programming experience using the HL2 engine. As you can imagine, it didn't very far beyond me creating models and him placing them in the engine.

needs fewer, faster bullets

A reminder:
If you want to be a good dev, don't forget your other needs.

I have food and water, so far.

Psychological needs are a meme

Why is the purple layer titled "psychological needs" when there's also a bracket labeled "psychological needs" that doesn't include the purple layer?

>Have no fucking clue how classes work in Python
>Just fumble through trying to write a small text RPG trying to figure out classes while getting hundreds of errors
>Go on stackoverflow and read one article
>I completely understand classes now

I am unstoppable. Know me anons, Now I am become scripter, creator of worlds.

Read the pyramid again, user.

>psychological needs
>psychological needs
???

Try reading again Mr.Dyslexia.

Physiological needs.

How can one be "safe"? We can never be "safe".

>mfw since high school i've been living with only basic needs for 12 years now.

"Draw Call" tells "Object Manager" to Draw all Objects. "Object Manager" tells every "Object" to draw itself. "Object" calls it's own draw function.

>physiological needs
>psychological needs
spot the difference

>feeling of accomplishment
>this is below creative activities
So you need to release a successful game before you can make games.

>1 draw for every object
>unordered context switching

Where are the pixelshit tutorials?

No, you just need to feel like you did. This is why idea guys are and always will be one step ahead of devs.

>pixelshit

lol anyone can do pixelshit, you don't need to learn anything. This is another fact I've learned from agdg memesters

on /ic/

I HEARD YOU GUYS LIKED TUTORIALS

True, life can not always go the way we want it.
Things in life just happen.

There is war in your country. You pack your things, food and water and some warm clothes. And try to leave the dangerous place. You will not try to find love or make games if there is an active thread around you. But if you are hungry and without strength, you will take any risk to get food or else you would starve anyway.

So I think it is meant, something you actually can see control and circumvent. And not the things you can not control.

>that disgusting animation

>tutorial that teaches the exact thing you need
>stops right before getting to the point
>last upload 6 months ago
>in the mean time, the same guy made other tutorials, so it's not like he died
Every time.

>tutorial that teaches the exact thing you need
>skips explaining all the parts you're confused about and expects you to just copypaste it

/

>steal

Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Be a giant

I'd rather make inspirational one-liners in /agdg/ than make games.

Selling my game project. Estimated profit: 10000$. Buyout: 2500$.

I think you may have misread the title.