/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>baited by leakposters
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/rWJvh1g3

USURP THE FLAME, GUYS

CHOOSE DARK AGE

DO IT FOR THEM

>gaycasting and and tumblefaggotry patched

Dark Souls 3 is dead. Don't buy the dlcs.

SOON

But what if the dlc gives us something even better?

Too late, bought the season pass :^)

damn it dude what a waste of cash

LET THE SCISSORS BE GOOD FROM
JUST THIS ONCE LET AN UGS BE META

KNOCK KNOCK

>no more fair lady

I have a job so eh, not so much.
But I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed. Sir Vinhelm could be an excellent NPC, but they killed him in under 10 minutes of gameplay, and that's just 1 problem about this DLC.

Well half of it was, or maybe like a quarter since the weapons from AoA were as good as one would expect from the pay2win era. The second DLC might be great, and even if it isn't it'll probably also add some cool weapons. That short sword that turns into a magic rapier looks amazing.

>Phantoms can now gank Vilhelm
This is how you know they've lost the plot

Miyazaki didn't really want to make this game and it shows.

The only good weapons to come from AoA were Milwood Axe, Crow Quills, Parting Flame, and Onyx Blade. The others were just for fun.

>forgetting Skill Sabre

who are you quoting dude?

Alright, the only good weapons to come from AoA were Follower's Sabre, Milwood Axe, Crow Quills, Onyx Blade, and Parting Flame.

The axe and quill would've been great if people used them as an excuse for buff hybrids, but of course they didn't because refined is better than anything.

>Not using the claws
>Not using the sabre
>Not using the ethereal oak shield

You need to mess around with some of those items a bit more user.

The claws are a one-gimmick toy. They're fun, but they aren't good.

I forgot about the fucking meta shield, though. It's just so brown it blends into everything.

It's not like that's such a big deal when people who didn't want to fight him could just poison him and run away. Vilhelm won't heal if you're not near him.

Oh, it's Vilhelm. Didn't bother to check first.

Yeah, phantoms ganking NPCs as well... Lot's of problems on this DLC.

Still, he had months to make something decent.

Programming something decent in months is impossible without reusing shit. Do you know how long it takes to code a game from the ground up? There's a reason why yearly releases tend to be more or less indistinguishable from the previous games.

Im running a Dark Miracle build. D.Gnaw + Dark Warden blades bleed like motherfucker. Sunless Talisman + Lifehunt scythe is a nice fuckyou in the face for trading blows.

Its a shitty build with ToD and a spare slot for any miracle fuckery, Emit force or heal etc...but its comfy.

For PvE jesus fuck Onyx Greatsword hits 760ish AR with dark clutch ring and self buff. Hell the clutch ring makes Deep Longsword+9 like 511 ish dmg at 40/40.

Leaks when tho?

I like how Bloodborne did it. There's one NPC your phantoms can gank with you, but if you kill him early you're only denying yourself content later on.

Where the fuck are the DLC leaks ?

>They're fun, but they aren't good.

I disagree, I think the claws are great. They do rely on rouge though.

IMO the "fun but bad" label belongs on the follower's javelin. That said, using lightning javelins as an alternative to lightning spears is surprisingly effective.

>calling planned information release "leaks"
Few hours from now, assuming those fatass streamers will ever get out of bed before noon.

The fat fucks that had access to it are probably still asleep.

so if I have high faith but no faith scaling on my staff it won't add damage to affinity?

I know the Clutch rings get penalty on PvP, but does the dmg boost to dark weapons stays active?
>760ar with buff Onyx Blade with Dark clutch ring.

fashion_statement.jpg

What's the deal with Mornes GH? Why the WoG damage varies from 600-ish to four digit numbers? Can it hit people twice? If yes, then how?

Considering there were 15 weapons in AoA, 1 out of 3 isn't too bad. Hopefully this one has good spells though, and hopefully the hybrid weapons are good shit.

Considering the access point isn't available until the literal end of the game whereas AoA is super early in the beginning, I hope they use it as an excuse to put some really sweet shit in it.

Your catalyst determines how your spells scale, not the spells themselves. Izalith Staff is the only one that gives Int+Fth scaling to Affinity, Great/Deep Soul, and Dark Edge. Softcap is technically 45int/45fth, but you can easily make do with 40/40.

The acces point is already known?
Where is it?

so only that ugly 20 ft long pole scales with both?

time to delete my character

Damage boost to weapons is halved in PvP, defense drops are not. By the way, Onyx Blade's buff is pure fire damage.

Visible in trailer, same as the previous DLCs for previous souls games. Pilgrim in Flameless Shrine.

Reminder that DS2 > DS3 > DS1 > Bloodborne > DeS in terms of PvP fun

>ass crest
fashion discarded

>By the way, Onyx Blade's buff is pure fire damage.

Ah so the dmg boost I see with Dark Clutch ring is to the built in dark dmg of the sword?

Shit senpai didnt know it was a 3 split dmg weapon

For dark sorceries yes, and assuming the DLC doesn't have something new. For dark miracles (lol) you get Sunless Talisman and Caitha's Chime, and of course there's always pyromancy.

Keep in mind though, even at the full 45/45 a dark build doesn't even hit three digits extra damage than pure 60int or 60fth. You only get 50 more on average, and the only real "advantage" they get is the ability to use all dark spells instead of only 3 or 4. And that's without getting into the logistics issues of needing 3 different catalysts that each cast 3 different spells and need different rings when you only have 5 spell slots, 4 ring slots, and 2 hands.

>9999
>Not 2814

Yeah, that's why the AR looks so high. It's only pretending. The fire buff is at least enough to where it doesn't get raped by defense thresholds though, so it's still good.

no drawfags around? i have a great idea for a doodle but negative drawing skill

what's the idea

>bought ds3 and season pass
>doesnt include dlc ost
???
also the ost link for DS2 is broken in the pastebin, anyone able to help?

It should be there. Check it's been installed in steam. If so it should be in the games folder.

each of the 4 knights (optionally as teens) with a smaller/cuter version of their animal sigil. so, artorias would have a puppy, ciaran a bumblebee, gough a pigeon or something similar and ornstein a kitten

i mean i got the base game OST but i dont have the tracks from Ashes of Ariandel

That's not great at all
Your idea is generic and terrible

Wait, we get DS3 OST with the Season Pass?

Unofficial patch replaces the 150 fire with 85 dark because the guy is almost decent at game design.

was in my list at release

if it's generic why has no-one done it yet?

Because it's also terrible

Probably because the idea by itself is kinda boring, and would need to be part of something else before it was interesting enough to do.

>3 more sunlight medals to go...
Well, farming almost all 30 in 3 days wasn't that bad
Shame there won't be reason to play with people after getting sunlight spear

why didnt you just invade as a sunbro?

Everyone's done it.

He's talking about DS1.

das2, pretty sure das3 doesn't have sunlight spear as reward for this and you could just help with friede to get all in one evening
And I got another one, guarding dragon is still popular spot after all

Are you fucking retarded? I farmed 30 in not even one hour

Are you fucking retarded? I farmed 30 in not even 45 minutes.

Only three more hours, guys.

What will you do if leaker-fag was right?

Probably because he isn't playing 3

4 knights are all shit save for Gough.

Pathetic, it took me 20 minutes to get all 30 on vordt and dancer
Would be even faster if hosts didn't die to dancer

>tfw you only start covenant whoring a month after release, every thread is filled with bitter shitter babby whining about proof farming, and you get 30 proofs in a single night by dicking about the Undead Settlement, five of them in a single back to back invasion fuckfest

>Scott King Jundifer wasn't invited to play the DLC
Will he ever recover?

I like Artorias.

He'll make a shitty excuse and say he doesnt need the early-access advantage to be good with the new gear or something like that

>implying I give a shit about streamer drama

If they want to be attention whores they better be giving me lapdances. I don't care what they do with their lives outside that.

I swear this pic is my current low level PvP status.

>using Winged Knight Halberd and Dark Hand (not that it's ever come in handy)
>wearing a mix of Lothric Knight, Knight and Nameless Knight sets
>invade as a Watchdog
>people just barely tickle me, even with stuff like Battleaxes
>whack them back for a chunk of health

Not him but
>could buy the game physically with some shitty steelbook
>or for same price could get it and season pass online

Pretty easy decision.

Vit investment at low levels is the true meta.

>Dark Hand (not that it's ever come in handy)
It probably deals more damage than a +2 winged knight halberd.

I still don't know how it's possible for people to complain about concord farming when all you need is letting your game to run one night and you will get enough thanks to the gank squads

It's been a while. What's the status on dark magic? Is leveling both stats and using the hybrid catalysts still a pitiful boost in damage?

>being the reason why hosts don't equip WoB
And you can go choke on your own shit.

>status
Mostly bad. A new trick was found with Twisted Wall of Light that makes dark sorcery funny, though.

>Is leveling both stats and using the hybrid catalysts still a pitiful boost in damage?
Yep. Only benefit is access to all dark magic instead of a couple.

The game tracks blueberry wins and losses. If you get summoned and lose a bunch, you get punted way down to the bottom of a huge queue. Right at launch, it counted failed potato connections as losses, which they rectified later, but everyone claimed it did nothing because they were still using dumpster-listed characters.

If you had a good connection and were decently skilled, you'd wind up exponentially rolling in back to back summons.

It's a +4 user, are you that bad at the game that you can't get a +4 weapon by the time you become a Watchdog?

That aside though, yes I'm pretty sure it does more damage than two-handing the Halberd as I do, however it is split damage with a fucking abysmally short range. WKH R1 outranges fucking everything, so I'm often just clipping them for like 100+ damage without even having to trade blows.

>Gough not the tallest
>Ciaran with a rapier

Everyone does, but that doesn't make him not shit.

Arty's a mook and you did everything he's famous for but better because you walked away from it.

What secret is that?

>Can't open my inventory while that cottish cuck blabbers
FOR WHAT PURPOSE
O
R

W
H
A
T

P
U
R
P
O
S
E

That image was made way, way before Artorias of the Abyss came out.

Cast Affinity while in its firing range, follow immediately with TWoL: Affinity bounces fucking everywhere and comes in at your target from all directions.

Cast TWoL, then follow immediately with Great Deep Soul: GDS rockets somewhere out of sight, then comes back at the host from a random direction at top speed.

Legitimately fun.

That image was made before AotA was released
I don't think anyone was expecting Gough to be a literal giant

People don't equip wob because unlike das2 this covenant doesn't has rewards
It would be fine, if they allowed another way to farm ears, but A-team was too retarded to include blue orb in the game

DaS2 had the opposite problem where hosts didn't equip wob because blues were too busy using their orbs.

>equip WoB while farming random mobs
>get invaded
>get a blue
>they're afk
>invader just wanders over and murders them for free sippies when they're low from chugging

Every time.