/edg/scg/ Elite:Dangerous Star Citizen General #129: Manchild Toys and New Pastebin Edition

Star Citizen Information:
>FAQ for newfags
pastebin.com/HuA29Wu9 (embed)
Referral code randomizer (for newfags):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
[YouTube] Star Citizen: Full CitizenCon 2016 Presentation (embed)
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

derelict thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/602Gz2Hd
youtu.be/7vfqkvwW2fs#t=6m7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2.6.1 patch notes.

pastebin.com/602Gz2Hd

Anaconda is ugly.

>Two aspects of our ongoing network refactor have come online - the first iteration of Serialized Variables and Network Message Ordering.

Still no fix for the mustang clipping?

>The Mustang series has had an optimization pass to improve graphical performance.
Maybe? Clipping would be considered graphical performance, but the statement is a bit nebulous.

Fresh from the vault, preview of the pirate heavy armor rework

looks pretty shit desu

Maybe they are still taking feedback.

Reminds me of Enclave Power Armor. Except it's even worse looking.

SHIGGY DIGGIDY WE /fog/ NOW

looks like midwest power armor from fallout.

Ayy lmao

Thinking about getting into Elite. Stopped playing whenever the Sothis trading shit was viable. Much happened since?

has croberts done it again commandos?

>shit desu

it looks fucking HOT, what are you smoking?

u giddings me?

There is no fucking way I'm wearing armor with horns. I'll wear damaged marine armor to do piracy before I wear that garbage.

I don't know, I don't play that shitty non-game. I play the other shitty non-game.

It's all about Massacre missions now; farming kills in CZs. There's been some story stuff, but FDev is about as competent as a wet carrot, so it's all kinds of dragged out and fucked. The dads have continued to try and ruin every new feature that gets announced by arguing for timers, delays, fees and MUH IMMURSHUN.

In other words, don't come back. There. You're all caught up.

Cheers senpai, gonna go waste my time elsewhere then.

>hear about the weeb group, KWA
>find their discord
>read the chat
>they're full on liberal retards

smhtbqhfamicoms

No wonder some of them left.

Let's add horns so someone can grab them and easily smash your helmet-clad head up against a bulkhead

>Liberal
>Making fun of Muslims

Scoop is really a guy
and is pro-muslim
even though he's one of (((them)))
KWA=Pozzed Cucks

>Grafik
Vergast die Weebs, Rassenkrieg jetzt!

Luger stop roleplaying

Is it a waste if you enjoyed yourself?

That extra shit on top of the helmet almost doubles the silhouette.

>drinking liberal kool-aid

I take it KWA believes in the russian hacker meme?

Star
Citizen
Armor
Model

fuck off with your weeb discord shit

>that thinly veiled extreme butthurt that Trump won

How do I get a refund for Star Citizen? I dont want to support this gane anymore.

go to reddit

It gets better

>No wonder some of them left.
Who left?

Does CiG do refunds? I heard I can get all my money back from them? Is this true?

Typical CIG. Make something that is an impressive technical accomplishment, then diminish the entire work by ripping off well known existing work. They don't have to do this. This has to be a director level decision pushing it this way.

I wonder if the artists are suffering from "Temp Music" in that the director is pushing them into a corner.

Watch this @ 6:07 where the music composer is complaining about the director using temp music to score a movie because he is stuck basically creating the same thing again.

youtu.be/7vfqkvwW2fs#t=6m7s

This armor is more the director's fault than the artist. I'm sure.

Why are these pretentious liberal youtube channels popping up so much nowadays?

simply ebin ;))

Why do they call Star Citizen a simulator again?
It doesn't simulate the universe since distances and sizes of stellar objects are scaled down and there are no orbital mechanics of the planets.
And it doesn't simulate spaceflight either. the ships are capped at an arbitrary limit relative to the objects around them and again, there are no orbital mechanics. you will never use the terms "perihelion" or "aphelion" while flying..
So why did they label it a simulator in 2012 and still continue to do so? Its not simulating shit from the real universe. The spaceflight is a gimmick.

The same reason dads call Elite a simulator. So that their wives don't get upset that they're playing a game. Games are for children after all.

that's sort of what i figured.
that would cause it, and a certain level of delusion i guess.
when will there be a real mans space sim? do i seriously have to play microsoft orbiter until then? this arena-based arcade shitter program wont hold my interest.

Orbital physics are a limitation of present day ships because our fuels are heavy and not very dense in energy and our thrusters are very weak compared to their mass.

Star citizen ships can accelerate from a dead stop to .2 lightspeed in seconds change course on a dime and have effectively infinite fuel, using the reactors helium byproduct as reaction mass for the thrusters. Speed limits are a human factor not a physics factor, reaction times and bodily G tolerances enforce upper limits on maneuvering and tops speeds becasue if you go beyond the ability of a human to perceive and react to danger you will smack into shit all the time. We can go very fast when there is nothing in the way. Maneuvering limits are imposed to keep the pilot awake because an unconscious pilot is soon to be a dead pilot.

It's not simulating present day spaceflight, its simulating 900 year in the future technologically advanced spaceflight.

CHoDE. It's in
>167528359

>Star citizen ships can accelerate from a dead stop to .2 lightspeed in seconds
then why cant i do that during combat?
>Maneuvering limits are imposed to keep the pilot awake
blackouts are based on acceleration, not top speed.
>its simulating 900 year in the future technologically advanced spaceflight
then why is everything capped a a few hundred m/s like eve online?

none of this makes sense dude

If you make games too realistic they aren't fun.

>the space shuttle went multiple kilometers per second a decade ago
>a P51-Mustang could go 450 mph 70 years ago
>900 years from now we still cant go any faster in fucking space with no atmospherics resistance

if you constantly shrink the scale of the universe down and compress travel times because of impatient instant-gratification addled man children that wont be any fun either.
space and the universe are meant to be big. so mindbogglingly big. let them be BIG.

>>a P51-Mustang could go 450 mph 70 years ago
450 miles per hour = 0.125 miles per second = 0.201168 kilometers per second

>short travel times aren't fun
as evidenced by what?

ok? as far as i can tell the Hornet goes about 200 m/s or about 440 mph. whats your point? even the BF109 went that faster in a nosedive. star citizen ships are slower than WW2 wooden frame planes and its not a good thing.

Didn't CIG say that they wanted slower speeds because fast combat wasn't fun?

nearly every single MMO today man. its all pretty cramped and instanced heavily.

it really isn't if you could consider what could be done without the current artificial limitations on space flight. currently everyone attempts to go throttle/maxspeed all the time anyways. why have them on a leash?

is Elite among them?

I never said I agreed with it. I don't understand why we can't go faster. Is it a game engine limitation?

In a perfectly stable unchanging line and its maneuvering thrusters are so anemic that it can barely turn at all.
It's not about top speed its about acceleration while changing course.

If you are hurtling along at 10km/s and have to change course RIGHT NOW to avoid smacking into a tiny space rock or bit of debris you're pilot will die even if the ship is capable of that turn, the G its not about how fast you're going it's about the G required to maneuver once you're going Sanic speed, both human reaction time and human g tolerances are simply not up to the rigors of that kinda of velocity in anything but a perfectly straight unchanging line. even a minor course shift at 10 km/s would induce powerful and potentiallly lethal G forces.

The caps are all about the fact that a human is inside, not what the ship can or cannot do, this is an issue with aircraft today, they design unmanned drones that can literally fly circles around manned fighters simple because the manned fighter has a squishy fragile meatbag inside which must be kept alive and conscious.

Check your autism please. Just becasue a thing is physically possible doesn't mean it is logical or safe for a fragile creature to do.

Also you can accelerate to .2 lightspeed during combat, in a straight line if there's no obstacles in the way. Thats literally what you are doing every time you QD jump out of a fight to escape. You cant use it as a combat tactic simple because the human eye and brain cannot process data from small distant objects whipping by at 50,000 m/s a nearby object would be in and out of your perception without ever being noted and a colliding object would have hit and killed you before you were even aware of its existence.

Just becasue its not KSP or Orbiter or Space engine doesn't mean its not a sim and sim doesn't mean 100% accurate to the realities of the real world.

Elite & Star Citizen both have instancing

Having long travels is fine, any game can do it, but it better have rewards and an actual point to making a journey. What exactly is the point of going to Hutton Orbital beyond the spectacle of it and autismal dad roleplay? What incentive does the game give you for traveling to stations and planets that are 100k LS+ from the main star?

of huge areas

Most areas I've been to in Elite aren't that far from the main star.

unfortunately yes. and elite also artificially limits max speed and your YAW as to force the ships into more ww2-like turn-fights. and there are also instanced in elite if i recall.
>If you are hurtling along at 10km/s and have to change course RIGHT NOW to avoid smacking into a tiny space rock or bit of debris you're pilot will die even if the ship is capable of that turn
thats why our ships are made of space-metal or whatever fancy alloy they dream up. hitting even a CHIP OF PAINT nearly punched a hole in the space shuttle window. that's one of the obstacles humanity must overcome with advanced shielding.
>The caps are all about the fact that a human is inside, not what the ship can or cannot do, this is an issue with aircraft today, they design unmanned drones that can literally fly circles around manned fighters simple because the manned fighter has a squishy fragile meatbag inside which must be kept alive and conscious
again, g-forces are caused by acceleration, not maximum speed.
>Check your autism please.
lol
>Just becasue its not KSP or Orbiter or Space engine doesn't mean its not a sim and sim doesn't mean 100% accurate to the realities of the real world.
again lol. thats what it means to be a "simulator". anything less and they should STOP USING THE TERM TO DESCRIBE THE GAME.

That has nothing to do with what I said. The point was made that travel times shouldn't be made shorter or easier because, in space games, space is naturally big so one of the wonders in space games is making large journeys. Sure, I can agree with that, but long travel times are silly if there's no incentives for making long travels to far off stations.

For example, since Hutton is so fuck off far away from it's main star, why aren't the prices in its market more lucrative to traders to incentivize them to take the trip to bring goods to the station?

dammit..

I still have no idea what elite is simulating other than boredom.
The economy is simple static/downward spiral that magically resets. The instancing in shooting zones is just a monster generator. The bgs barely functions. Hell for the longest time jaques had to be manually put in the next spot as it travelled to wherever the fuck it is now.

agreed user. long travel times and realistic space flight can be used as a very immersive game feature. that's the type of space game a man would play.

That's why a lot of us did long distance Robigo smuggling before the nerf.

i dont care if it takes 2 decades to develop! give me a simulator or give me death! or ill make the damned thing myself!

Sim just means the game engine and gameplay attempt to be physics accurate. Which SC does in spades. all the limits in place are IFCS flight control modes, even the speed caps, are set by the flight computer to keep you from crashing into shit. It's not that the ship is incapable of accelerate further, it's that its programmed not to so that you don't end up going too fast to correct course.

>g-forces are caused by acceleration, not maximum speed.
No shit, read what I wrote, Its the acceleration of a course change at high velocity.
If you are going VERY FAST and you have to turn even a little bit that is a MASSIVE amount of Gs.

So another player was kill stealing while me and a friend hunted bounties for a engineer. But he must have made a mistake because he became wanted, so I killed him. But then I became wanted for murder. Why? He was wanted.

thank god i didnt give money to this retard

if you dont want to die while flying you have to be careful and skilled. i want the IFCS to be turned off. no hand-holding!

Did you scan him with a KWS?

If you kill someone that is wanted in real life do you become wanted too?

he's not a dev why would you

No. This was my first player kill. Didn't have a KWS equipped at the time.

Scan first, then kill

SC and ED simulate being a space pilot the same way Guitar Hero simulates being a professional musician. If you actually think that these games are sims you are delusional and probably have a 9th grade understanding of math and technology.

Absolutely this, you magnificent bastard! I'm glad someone had the balls to say this.

So you can kill NPCs with the Wanted tag without any repercussions, but not players?

>If you actually think that these games are sims you are delusional and probably have a 9th grade understanding of math and technology.
Forumdads in a nutshell

Are there any stations between the bubble and colonia?

There are a few refueling stops I think.

>refueling
Why tho

>There are a few refueling stops I think.
So there are stations?

I'm finna going there. Anywhere I can find a map resource of neutron highways along the way?

you beat me to it user. i was getting there..
seriously though, why would CIG push the MUH SIMULATION meme so hard if not to dupe people out of their NEETbux, er, "hard earned patron dollars".
seems like shady nigger bullshit to me

That shit better get reworked. It screams plagiarism.

I could care less about that. It's ugly is the problem. Give me a regular armoured helmet

Wow it's most like video game simulators are there to give normal people who don't have real musical skills or actual space ships the ability to feel like they do for fun.

How the could traveling through space in the year 3300 ever be an actual simulation, you fucking cretin?

better tell everyone its a simulator then.
i remember the original kickstarter page had "MUH SIMULATION" plastered all over it before we even knew how much of an arcade game we were in for.

SHADY

Subjectivity aside, the western tradition generally looks down on those who would claim others' work as their own.

They're certainly not going to stop now.

it wouldn't be a perfect simulation, just like KSP isn't perfect being scaled down slightly itself, but the system we have now isn't even in the ballpark of what i would consider "simulation". not even close!