Tfw fell for Shell's nitro premium gasoline meme and now I can't fill my car up from 1/4 for $20 anymore

>tfw fell for Shell's nitro premium gasoline meme and now I can't fill my car up from 1/4 for $20 anymore...

Is anyone else currently being tricked by this meme? Is their gasoline really worth having to refill every 4 days instead of 7? And yes, my car does require premium 91 (USA) octane gasoline.

>tricked
Anyone who doesn't know that the atmosphere is 80% nitrogen doesn't deserve to bre

>doesn't deserve to bre
did you die?

>Is their gasoline really worth having to refill every 4 days instead of 7?
Did know you can put in more that £20 at once

Well, I always liked getting $20 cash back whenever I bought something at a grocery and keeping it in the car for whenever I eventually need gas.

>TFW regular unleaded is $1.99
>TFW Premium is $2.89 at the same pump

Just ad water, the whole point to high octane gas is to prevent pre denotation, adding weather just makes the it fuel less prone to pre-ignition and cleans too!

>mfw filled up on 93 octane premo Chevron gas @2.89 a gallong for 30 bucks.
>yfw it will last me the whole month
>mfw I literally only pay 20-30 bucks a month for gas
and i can still go 0-60 in a modest 7 seconds

Wtf are you complaining about, 87 is 3.09 and 91 is 3.49 here in commiefornia.

>fill up every other day despite having a ten mile drive to work

>Water and fuel dont mix
>Tank is now two in two layers.
>Once you are done with gaz all the water goes into the injectors
>Hydrolocked to save 2$

Good story bro

>hydrocucked

Do you seriously think you can hydrolock by having water in the fuel tank?

A little water, no.
30% of the tank, yeah.

To hydrolock your engine, you would need to have a significant amount of liquid water in your engine.
Your injectors are incapable of injecting that much liquid in your cylinders before it goes out threw the exaust valves.

I'm complaining because a .40 cent difference in price between 87 and 91 makes a lot more sense than a fucking 90 cent difference.

45% more expensive vs 13% more expensive. I don't care about the price, I do care about the price disparity. I wouldn't feel as bad paying $3.49 when even regular fuel users are getting cucked. It's when regular fuel users are getting a fucking bargain and I'm stuck paying nearly 50% more for no reason that I start to rage.

Fuel is like 4,5$/Gallon where I live when it is cheap and 5,90$/Gallon when it is not.

>3,49$/Gallon
>0,95€/L
I wish gas wuld be that cheap here...

Yeah I have to agree that you are right on that.
Didnt see it this way, it makes sense the only way to hydrolock is though the air intake side.

he didn't know the atmosphere is 80% nitrogen

He ran out of breath to finish his sentence. After all, he was using only the 80% of nitrogen to speak, so the last 20% of his sentence was unfinished.

>TFW regular unleaded is $1.99
>TFW Premium is $2.89 at the same pump
Arco Top Tier regular unleaded 87(USA) is $2.47
Arco Top Tier premium 91(USA) is $2.77 at same pump

My owner's manual says the car uses 87(usa) octane or better. I got rotten mileage at 87 but no knocking. But when I switched to 91 premium, my MPG rose a lot and now I might even be able to get close to that claimed EPA MPG. Damn car company advertises cars as using low octane but they actually want high octane if EPA MPG is to even be close.

The difference in price is small enough that it means I save money by using premium fuel instead of regular. Because the MPG gain is due to less retarding by the computer, I also can have my horsepower back.

I never realized until I read another Veeky Forums thread where someone talked about how their Malibu got lower mileage because the computer was doing anti-knock settings with 87 octane fuel.

First, water is heavier than gasoline, so it would sink to the bottom. Second, your tank draws from the bottom so it wouldn't have to run through all the gas. Third, in order for your engine to inject enough water to hydrolock your engine, you'd be injecting enough fuel to hydrolock it.

That said, water injection requires a separate system, you can't just pour it in your tank. Not just because of the separation issue, but also because it's displacing fuel and your ECU has no way to know to add more.

>Wtf are you complaining about, 87 is 3.09 and 91 is 3.49 here in commiefornia.
New Car (only 4K miles on it) gets 19MPG on 87. Switched to 91 and it now gets 23.X with the same driving. Don't know why it makes such a big difference but the car gets more MPG with a fuel that has less total energy in it. What a paradox.

It has pretty much the same amount of energy but as another user said the computer can do more shit with it without knocking.