>rev it up and pull out doing a skid on right rear
>CLUNK
>give it more gas once in straightens up
>car now revs but wheels do nothing
>BLACKED.jpeg
>coast through u turn and pull over
>car shifts into neutral and park but no response from reverse, 1, 2, or D
>towed home

Where do I begin with this shit, axle? Trans?

i'd start with the axle

also just think, if you didn't decide to be a show-offy douche, you could have continued on with your day no problem

GM quality right there

probably busted that weak ass 10 bolt rear

get a 8.8 or 9 Ford in there

Well actually compadre I think the axle was gonna blow either way I had been getting some vibrations on turns lately and some loss of power. I'm more glad that it blew on a side street like that where I was safely towed rather than if had cruised out slowly made a u turn and then done a sharp accelerating turn on the on ramp and blown the axle on the freeway.

I'm thinking moser or yukon axles and posi kit if it does turn out to be the axle.

The cars pushing alot more power than stock it's bored out got heads pistons cam roller rockers and intake manifold done but I must pretty sure this is the stock 10 bolt. It's an open diff

with your luck it's
>axle, trans, piston rings, blinker fluid, refrigerant in oil sump.

Refrigerant in the oil sump would be a shocker, given that I don't have AC

the only thing that's freaking me out a little about this is that there was no noise or rattle or nothing just a clunk and then it coasted along. Didn't make a clanking noise or nothing. Also when I move it from neutral to gear there isn't the distinctive feel of a shift taking place. Or would u not feel it if the axle is blown?

Also has anyone hear blown a different before? It's just really fucking bugging me that there was no clank or scraping noises or anything just one clunk and suddenly the car only does neutral and park. Unfortunately I had to go to work other wise I would just take the thing apart today. Could it have been the transmission blowing up

Can it be pushed while in park? If so, that kind of rules out the diff being bad.
I'd say it's the trans.
You can run the engine and everything, right?

Yep, blew a Ford 7.5 that was behind about 300hp (way beyond it's capacity). Got some wheel hop trying to teach younger cousin how to do a burnout and he didn't back out of it soon enough. It was a loud *BANG* followed by a crunch-crunch-crunch with a side-to-side motion as the car rolled along after. I had him try to give it some power and it made horrific crunching noises but did take a little bit so we limped it home a couple of miles. Ah, good times. A quick post mortem showed multiple broken teeth on the ring and pinion, and a cracked carrier bearing cap.

FWIW, I don't think yours was a rear axle failure since that rarely is a "clean" failure. Rear axles tend to fail most dramatically as above. Now what may have happened is an axle shaft snapped and the differential is spinning in there in a manner similar to having one wheel in the air. Thing about that is if it doesn't have disc brakes back there the axle should want to come out since it's retained by a clip in the differential.

LS1/T56/fourth gen SS rear end swap

If not***********

>bored out got heads pistons cam roller rockers and intake manifold
>3 speed auto

why

thats what most people run

Who's this QT?

Why not? If you're going racing you don't need OD, and if you're bracket racing you want consistency so in that cars intended role a three speed auto is the appropriate choice.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those manual trans snobs would you? They're worse than pizza or beer snobs.

When I blew out the rear end in my ford escape awd it sounded like releasing a high tension spring

Well when I put it in park it wouldn't roll. Didn't try very hard to push it and it was in mud but not trying to kid myself

I basically have no forward or reverse gears just N and P

My wife

Suspecting either a snapped input or output shaft in the trans

Can anyone post the images from the sticky here? The are not longer available.

You probably snapped an axle. It holds in park because it's stopping the one wheel from turning, but if you try and drive off, it spins the axle that's not connected because no posi. I snapped 3 on my supercharged fiero and it was just like that.

post more of your thicc wife

Bumping for more advice and opinions

That's what I'm hoping. I just got a call from my in laws (where I towed it too) that itshit leaking lots of fuel. I don't see how that's possible or even related unless the diff carrier blew teeth through the cover and peirce the tank but I didn't see any signs of that when I looked briefly the cover was intact. There was different fluid everywhere though hopefully it's that

man, girls are dumb af, they'll pose next to anything