Do these books actually help you in business or just meme books?

Do these books actually help you in business or just meme books?

Are there books that actually help?

Also how much do you guys rate these?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-best-economics-books
mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the idiot
Wtf?
>no How to Win Friends and Influence People

What a trash picture

Hmmm not so bad, seems like a lot to read but I really doubt any real millionaire/billionaire has read all those

Just choose 2 or 3, it's more about what effect it has on your drive

I've highlighted your mistake for you.

these are my essential 6

Most successful businessmen read like it's going out of style.

Read as much as possible.

Why the teen girl's version? Any specific reason?

Am I the only person who didn't like 1984? I thought Brave New World was far scarier.

It's a meme you dip

Based on a lot of the same core principles as the original book but from a more interesting standpoint. It was actually written by Dale Carnegie's daughter, Donna Dale Carnegie. I find the perspective pretty fascinating and I think there's a lot of value in understanding how teen girls view things.

Art of the deal

This. of course reading will never top doing and practical learning, but part of how you keep your edge and get better at problem solving is by exposing yourself to new ideas.

Charlie Munger talks about how he likes to glean the core concepts and theories of any discipline, so even though he doesn't learn it deeply, he has instead all these generally accepted theories from a multitude of different disciplines, and he can marry and find confluences between that knowledge.

Does anyone have the new Tim Feriss book?

Same here. Although i feel parallels with both.

These books are a broad list of both finance and business topics. I've read a little over half of them, feel free to ask questions. Some are good in my opinion, some are kinda lame, but it's actually not the ones you would expect.

My top three reads from this list:
- I will teach you to be rich
- What works on wallstreet
- 0 to 130 Properties

Three books I think should be on that list:
- Zero to One
- Miracle Morning
- Margin of Saftey

How To Win Friends is not that insightful. It's basically "Don't be a fucktard or an asshole".txt

Are you currently running your own business or are an active investor?
Which books (both out of the ones on the list and the three you've listed) do you think offer the most practical advice? And can you explain why?
If I'm already quite familiar with Veeky Forums and financial literature what's an intermediate book I should start off with?

This. Having said that there's a lot of autismos and r9k types on this board who should start reading it right this instant. For the rest of us it offers little to nothing you didn't already know.

the best economics books are still textbooks from reputable universities

It's absolutely shameful everyone conveniently leaves out The creature from Jekyll Island. (Pic Related) You literally cannot refute it.

>Not Karl Marx
Pitiful.

link to dl?

reading intelligent investor right now, going through the commentaries by jason zweig thereafter reading graham's actual text, because i'm a 16 year old that doesn't know vocab for shit. I'm on chapter 11 right now, is the book worth it? reading along just makes it seem so easy to make money, like a less optimistic view that idiots have about penny stocks.
and what book(s) would you recommend for learning the terms commonly used referencing investing "capital, annuity" (i know some, just would like a further description of them to help understand the "big picture").
I just feel like an unintelligent highschool kid who reads economic books and moderately understands them that goes onto lie to people that I make money off of penny stocks.
hopefully you or someone else reads this before i get b& for browsing a sfw board.

Yeah, you should spend time on Investopedia learning the basics before you pick up those books otherwise what you will get will be limited. Alternatively, take a course in finance at a community college. You have to understand that finance and investing isn't going to make you rich over night or even over a month, trying that will make you a gambler and a fool with no money.

I would suggest you look more into realty, either flipping or rent-able properties. Look at how mortgages and property ownership works, then read 0-130 props. The first few chapters are fluff and history but the last half is solid gold. You should listen to the BiggerPockets podcast.

I have a huge self-directed IRA, investing through tax savings accounts. I plan on starting a Software As A Service (SAAS) company in the future, but nothing yet. If you understand basic Veeky Forums then I would say read ALL of these books in my list, front to back. Then after that read ones from the Veeky Forums mega.

As I said, Veeky Forums is a broad category. Tell me what your goals and interests are.

Do you have an example? In classes I took it was never a specific university book, but a general textbook.

>If you understand basic Veeky Forums then I would say read ALL of these books in my list, front to back. Then after that read ones from the Veeky Forums mega.
Yep Okay, front to back. Really internalize the information.

>Tell me what your goals and interests are.
Hard to explain.

Self managed investment is going to be essential for me in the future: my skill set and industry is very "feast or famine" so when I do get a big paycheck I need to be very wise about how I invest it as that might be what sustains me when I'm looking for the next job, or developing projects.

Will think about it and reply again

Anyone who wants to comprehend our financial system has to read The creature from Jekyll Island.

I also enjoyed Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, How to Win Friends and Influence People, The Big Reset: War on Gold and the Financial Endgame, and Michael Lewis' books

that guy in the top comment posts a pretty good amount of good books
quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-best-economics-books

Okay, so basically I'd like to manage my own portfolio. I don't want to get occasional big paychecks (will never have salaried income) and have them sitting in term-deposit accounts, I want them to actually be growing.

I have practical experience in leading teams and management, project management, and I guess an analogy of process analysis.

I'm looking at all options to heavily monetizing my skill set: it seems like creating a "lifestyle brand" that either runs events or sells limited production collectible objects and accessories are the only ways to do that (although if my literary investigations reveal a different and better business model, great!). Either way a firm understanding of marketing, public relations, CRM, and internet marketing are a must.

I think I have a frim grip on the theory of marketing and public relations, but up to this point I haven't had a product to sell that I can actively test it on and improve at.

>If what I've written above sounds vague: it's because it is.

If anyone wants to read OP's books in the picture
mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw
There is link to an online library

Just finished reading pic related.

Is good user?

Yeah, it actually gives you some insight into the economics of online media and how sites like Gawker, HuffingtonPost or Buzzfeed operate.

First half of the book made me want to capitalize on that but the second half made me realize how shitty it actually is.

How ironic

I found think and grow rich to be weirdly motivating, like drawing you into a cult of workaholism. But also full of pseudoscience.

???

Richest Man In Babylon is really great for building a foundation in personal finance or just wealth building in general.

I was reading an article today about how most CEOs prefer to read historical biographies. Any of you anons got any suggestions?

I'd probably start with reading bios about old and very famous businessmen like John D. Rockefeller, and Andrew Carnegie, etc. The work ethic both of these men had is amazing.

So basically you want:
1. an investment portfolio
2. a company that sells a product

I read tons of Biographies, every life you experience does gives you insight.

48 laws of power if you havent read it. it has a bunch different historical figures in it so its a good startoff point. since it's broken off into nice little bit size tidbits, it's a fast easy read. it goes to the heart of why CEOs are interested in this as stuff as well. the author illustrating cut throat business lessons by relating them to historical examples.

Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday has a few historical examples too, as well as more modern examples like sports teams and CEOs.

What would you recommend for someone who's going to be a future lawyer who wants to one day run his own firm?

Late response, but it's up on libgen if you're still searching

>Memes.

>No.

>Poor/10

nice, haven't heard of this. sound crucial. will add it to my list of 'must reads'. loves me some Bill Belichick!

good suggestions

>So basically you want:
>1. an investment portfolio
>2. a company that sells a product
If you reeeealy want to distill it: yes

I've heard about it, but something about it seems very wishy-washy to me

will look it up, thanks