If I forget to turn off my headlight and foglights switches before I turn off the engine does it still continue to...

If I forget to turn off my headlight and foglights switches before I turn off the engine does it still continue to drain the battery?

when I cut out the engine the lights are cut out with it. should i be fine if I forget?

Are you asking if the lights are off will they drain the battery? Because no...if the lights are off they don't drain the battery...

I'm not sure I follow

Do you mean if it drains any power while they're still on before you turn them off, or if they continue to drain power no matter what?

>Do you mean if it drains any power while they're still on before you turn them off

thi s sort of. say before I leave my car I simply forget to turn the physical switches off. the lights are cut out when the engine was turned off but the switches are still set to on

I'm kind of paranoid

I just told you that they won't. If they shut off when the car shutts off than you have automatic shutting lights. You're fine retard

more so if the lights are off (cos the car is turned off) but the switches are still on.

just hear about people all the time leaving their lights on and coming back to a car with a flat battery.

do some cars still keep lights on even though the car is off with no key in it?

Are the bulbs still emitting light? No? Then they're not drawing any power.

If you leave them on, they will stay on and drain the battery.
Get into the habit of turning them off.
Why are your foglights on anyway? Is it foggy?

nah just looks cool and its my favourite part of my car

You're not using the fog lights at night, are you?

sometimes, why?

The vast majority of cars have lights which are not tied to the ignition.

>why
Because it's blinding other drivers unnecessarily as well as yourself

Surely, you should have learned this from your driving instructor?

How is this blinding anyone? Theyre aimed at the ground. If theres one thing thats blinding, its xenon/hid lights which are sitting too high. I drive with foglights at all times, day and night.

nah no one mentioned this.

this is my first car with foglights and see people driving with them on all the time.

never found them blindingly bright.

but if that's the case and you're not meming then I will have them off

>How is this blinding anyone?
Their very intense light output just infront of the car. This creates a barrier of light which makes your eyes' pupils smaller and a result of this you won't as distinguish things in the distance.

won't as easily distinguish things in the distance.*

Try having a flashlight pointing into your face and try look into the distance. You won't see as far as you would without the flashlight

Lol @ this dumb fucker. Turn your lights on, then turn your fogs on and off (at night). There almost certainly will be no noticeable change in your perception of the road.

possibly the worst, most completely inaccurate example ever.

Either the nights don't get that dark where you live or your fog lights are nothing but decoration

It wasn't meant to be taken that literally, you know? It was meant to give you the idea