/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0RKjGLfhgc
gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74497903
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

in addition, you can fight some of the worst spikelords in high rank and even lowrank.

That's hideous.

Espinas does mean thorns in Spanish

That's hideous.

>go through all the effort of making your retarded oc just to name it Zin

Give me one good reason why capcom should keep up this bullshit where they re-release enhanced versions of their games at full price as opposed to just releasing the new content as DLC.

Money

Because they can.

Because 6000 yen is more money than what they can charge for DLC?

>Dislike Mera's design
>Fight him
>Suddenly enjoy it because he's just a nearsighted dope who just flails wildly at anything near him

I'd rather buy 2 full games instead of buying neverending DLCs like DOA.

odibitorasu is an example of a pretty great frontier design

>less spiky than his two mainline cousins
>gunlance: the monster
>manages to eliminate the cancerous parts of mainline akantor/ukanlos (no chip for getting your toe stepped on, etc)
>is a scrapped artbook design re-imagined
>all his gear looks great, especially the gunlance

not to mention the music youtube.com/watch?v=g0RKjGLfhgc

You can skip the first of the two games in this case though.

Exactly. Meanwhile if it's DLCs, I'm gonna have to pay for more than amount of a game to get full experience.

THIS is a real shell.

>is a scrapped artbook design re-imagined
Is that the desert ukanlos one?

Yep. he lives in 2nd gen desert.

he sucks up sand during the fight and forces it through his shell for some attacks. he can either shoot a large sand projectile out of the cannon or shoot it out of several small holes on the top, kind of like sand mortars.

he doesn't do a lot of charging, which is why i enjoyed him a lot more than akantor/ukanlos.

W-wheres the turtle?

because people keep falling for it

deviant subspecies, it's invisible and OH MY GOD BEHID YOU!

It's not going to change for as long as Japan continues to buy Monster Hunter.

>this is considered a great design in frontier
christ

I want game NOW
MHX was a bit lame desu

akantor is worse, which makes odibitorasu the best in his class.

>akantor is worse

What's so lame about MHX?

prove me wrong.

>uninteresting fight, nothing really unique to it
>big tigrex with enough spikes to make a frontier mon blush
>the most difficult part of the fight is not getting stepped on for 25% of your hp

git gud

I don't get gunlance. It just feels like a bad lance.
Ok explosions lookscool but that's it. Can't chain hops, less mobile, x+a to upoke it awkward, no upwards full burst, no counter.

It looks terrible, it's really just as bad as akantor and saying something is better than akantor isn't saying much since akantor is the most frontier monster in mainline. Ukanlos looks way better than both.

The gunlance looks like ass too, the armour is moderately nice though.

Sounds like you do get gunlance.

>It just feels like a bad lance.
>Ok explosions lookscool
That's it. You actually do get gunlance. That's all there is to it. You sacrifice effectiveness for a shittier lance that looks cool. It gets nerfed more every gen and is literally a joke weapon at this point, it's significantly less effective than prowler in TA and the only worse weapon in TA is HH, ie the one weapon you're really not meant to play solo anymore.

>less spiky
the same
>he sucks up sand during the fight and forces it through his shell for some attacks. he can either shoot a large sand projectile out of the cannon or shoot it out of several small holes on the top, kind of like sand mortars.
MORE PROJECTILES

That's the joke

It's the superiority feeling you get when you're doing the same feat others do, but with the worst weapon.

>Worse than prowler

That's not true stop it

Now if you want to see a monster from frontier that ACTUALLY has a neat, relatively non-cancer design, look at this piece of shit right here. Akura Vashimu is just a scorpion with hard purple crystals on it (yes, it's spikey, but the spikes look like a natural formation), instead of AOE it has a tail laser and it has a unique fight gimmick that isn't a variation on "it spews area of effect explosions everywhere that instakill you unless you iframe them or have the automatic iframe skill xDDD" (its crystals are extremely hard but when you break them off it becomes extremely vulnerable, like a better designed gravios, and if you chip enough off and flip it on its back only then can you cut its tail; Cutting it with the crystal tip intact gives an extra reward).

This is the ONLY design from frontier I've seen that I've liked that wasn't also in mainline so of course it's the one MHO nabbed as well

So when do you call it quits and make a lance instead? I'm playing 3u and wanted to try something new, LS and GL were my choices.

Don't be like that, the Orugarons are mainline worthy as well.

>Not including the tag-team pro wrestlers

Also, what is that guy talking about an automatic iframe skill. Absolute Defense? Because that's just a shitter shield that now gimps your damage when its down.

gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74497903
13. Prowler = 340.06
14. GL = 387.53
15. HH = 411.29
not just worse, MUCH worse. It's the biggest gap between two consecutive weapons by nearly two times!

GL isn't as awful in 3U, I used it alongside lance (which I mained) for monsters with tougher armour or annoying phases like agnaktor's lava cooling, and for breaking tough parts I needed. Like I said, it gets nerfed more each gen/game, so the further back you go the less shit it is.

We could use more canine monsters
Or just more fanged wyverns

i feel like you haven't actually played frontier

this thing gets some pretty cancer AoE past highrank and is a pain in the ass to solo because of the gimmick

I forgot about those. But MHO also nabbed that, lmao

I was a Lance main in 4U. But 'I don't think I'll be one in Gen. The 3rd poke sucks. I changed my main after I was bored of GL to CB, bow, and now LS. But I still love GL regardless.

>The 3rd poke sucks.
So do Striker.

What should I know/have before I go online for the first time? I'm playing Generations and it's my first Monster Hunter game ever. I don't want to get bullied.

Just fuck you

I can't believe a joke mode meant for fun and messing around is better than a proper weapon

I hate all of you

there's no bullying in internet

Don't blame us, blame Capcon.

play with charlotte, don't worry if she starts blogposting though, she's a blabbermouth

But user, gunlance ISN'T better than prowler, what are you on about...?

I love you too, user.

Dunno. I've tried it, but I always feel I'm not using the weapon to its full potential if I use striker Lance with old poking style. In the end I just dropped it and try new weapons I've yet to use.

How many have you progress in village quests?

>user's face when Alchemy SA is the king of TAs in XX

Don't worry.
They will shill the new Beast cat by nerfing Boomerang cats.

>play with charlotte
user...

It's easier if you just admit to yourself that just because they changed the new default doesn't mean the default is better.
But good on you for branching out.

i'm looking forward to alchemy kinsect-only IG.

honestly i'm looking forward to alchemy everything, it will be the true solo masochist experience.

She looks less smug and more tripped out on shrooms.

I don't believe you

Who is charlotte?

I've done a bunch of the 3 stars quests

I'm not actually worried about bullying, user. I just don't want to ruin people's games to the point that they'll try to bully.

If they get mad, that's their fault.

it's a girl but she's hr999 and talks all the time but she's always hunting

All those cyberbullying ads were dumb, some insults online never hurt anybody. However, fake accounts and rumors spreading even quicker through social media did.

With how thin-skinned so many kids are nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if some mongs actually offed themselves.

Just try your best to stay alive. Don't die. Being cautious and doing low damage is fine, they won't notice as long as you don't afk. When you're better at reading monsters' move, then add more attacks.

>all that shit about blanche

If you're a real man do some gathering hub quests offline, and get your hunter rank up a bit. But the really big stuff to not be a shitter:
>you still get three carts before failing a quest, but they're shared. If tom, dick and harry cart, jane gets screwed over even if she hasn't been hit once and has been carrying the team.
>THERE IS FRIENDLY FIRE. You don't do damage but you can trip/stagger other players. Hammer, lance, gunlance and SnS are the most vulnerable to tripping (have the fewest attacks that make you immune to the stagger from weaker hits), but everyone can be tripped if they aren't attacking, and attacks that LAUNCH other players (knock them either fully to the ground or straight up) will ALWAYS affect them, unless they're using the HA castle walls, which nobody uses afaik.
>If you do fuck up, admit it and apologise. Might help to have a "sorry" bind in your chat macros. People will usually be understanding.
>Don't use GL or SA unless you are confident you won't hit other players with it. This goes for a few other weapons too but especially these. Similarly, don't use crag ammo on guns if you can't aim (though if you're unloading it on the head all at once and gunners run up and get blasted off that's their fault, crag is insanely good for ko), and don't use pellet at all unless you and everyone else knows what you're doing.

Sacrifices speed and mobility for stronger thrusts and shells that ignore hitzones.
The weapon was only ever good in 3rd gen and Capcom will never care enough about weapon balance to give it the buff it needs.

>If you're a real man
That's sexist, user.

>using CB
>mount enraged monster
>run to the head and try to draw into axe mode
>start picking up the shiny next to it's head
Holy shit I'm mad.

As long as your palicos aren't named after Pokemon you'll be fine.

But it's true. Women don't solo, their brothers or boyfriends get them to play the game with them in the first place.

>tfw my male friends are also little bitches

cool guy, victim of his fame, hosts 24/7 and is up to any hunt

It's r+x+y, why did you hit a

>guy
>him

Cringe

Few have the stones to solo in this series, even now that it has gotten so casual.

wait fuck, it is x+a what am I thinking

Are there roles or people who get a higher priority to attack or anything like that?

What if they're named Samus and Zelda? They're the DLC cats

MHO has this guy init pretty much, he just has flippers like a turtle

I just find it funny that they gave CB damage that ignores hitzones and scales with raw, and completely neglected GL.

pls

Hammer, SnS, CB, HH -basically weapons that can deal KO damage- get the head.
GS can also join the head, but be careful with side swing.
The others hit other weak points.

There's a badly drawn picture that explains who hit where, but I can't find it.

I don't know what to say when my brother doesn't know how to dodge Rathalos' high talon attack after 3 years of playing this.

you forgot LBG

Solo to clear quests is one thing. But farming mats solo is just tedious.

fuck hammer players though

Sort of but they aren't strict. For instance DB and SnS have fairly poor vertical reach and they're agile so they're well suited to attacking most monsters' legs to trip them, giving everyone a huge opening, and obviously bladed weapons can cut tails but impact weapons can't. As long as they don't use pellets or explosives, guns can do what they want, though obviously they should try to aim over BMs' heads and hit weak spots. Priority for the head pretty much goes hammer > exhaust coated SnS > everything else, but most weapons can easily share a head with a hammer if both players are mindful of their positioning.

Beyond that, unless you think they might not be able to handle the job themselves or they're using a pretty slow weapon, if you see someone with a para/sleep/poison weapon don't take a weapon of the same status because it's mostly redundant (in which case especially with DB you can have the monster being parad/put to sleep every few seconds, it's insane), and if you don't see anyone with para especially and you have a para weapon then consider bringing it (assuming the monster isn't immune or very resistant to paralysis), because para is almost always a big help to the entire team. Doesn't mean there always has to be someone with it, but it's a good way to make sure you pull your weight.

>I solo!
>850 billion unity with the robot

Where did the battery sword touch you, user?

daily reminder: a kiss from miss cat is a kiss of shame. Don't be a carried shitter who never solos

dropped some words there in editing, this part
>because it's mostly redundant (in which case especially with DB you can have the monster being parad/put to sleep every few seconds, it's insane),
was meant to read
>because it's mostly redundant unless everyone takes it on a fast weapon (in which case especially with DB you can have the monster being parad/put to sleep every few seconds, it's insane),