C O R O L L A

C O R O L L A

B U I L T
T O U G H

overlap test is bullshit anyway.

hell my car has 5 star crash test muh airbags front and side 5 stars n shit and it still fails the overlap test

>that passenger compartment intrusion

you never want to see the roofline and side skirts bend outwards like that, the passenger compartment's been compromised = people are almost certainly injured

the overlap test represents one of the most common accident situations though, its an important test

Why would toyota spend a lot more on the construction of a safer car when you muricucks think is acceptable in 2017.

They make em safer elsewhere
>pic highly related 2013 model

the small over lap is bullshit m8.

>They make em safer elsewhere
kys

is it really relevant? I have heard that manufacturers build their cars for these tests specifically which is why early 90's cars which weren't built for these tests had like one to two stars but are still safe in general

that was almost certainly a lower speed test, unless you can provide a source that it was at 40mph.

refute my point please

if they're building them to perform well in these test, then theyre going to perform well in real life situations, thats the point of the tests...

That was such retarded logic that it hurt to read this

t. delusional poorfag with a 90s shitbox trying to talk himself into thinking he's safe in his rustbucket deathtrap

well some criteria in these tests are bs tho, but I am not an expert...I was just wondering because I wanna get an e36 which has 1 star and people say it's still safe but just wasn't built to perform well in these specific tests from euroncap

>m-muh safety
What are you a pussy? Don't crash or don't complain when you do

ah i see whats different, that impact is a full frontal impact against a deforming wall, its much easier to dissipate energy with the whole car. also you can still see passenger compartment intrusion in this pic which is again no bueno

>implying the crash is always your fault

There are a lot of stupid people driving on the road

those people are dumb, crash safety is going to improve the newer the cars get, you wont get obliterated at any impact like you're in a bel aire, but you wont fare as well as even some of the worst performing cars of today.

They did better in 2015.

yeah im sure you'd be saying that when some 80 year old senile fuck runs off the highway and into oncoming traffic. If you think you can avoid any crash situation you're a shitty driver

>some 80 year old senile fuck runs off the highway and into oncoming traffic
That's never happened to me, and it never will

so because it never happened to you means it never happened ever and people who want to be safe when unavoidable situations happen are pussies?

>unavoidable
Absolutely no such thing. There is no crash that cannot be prevented by a capable driver

and there it is, proving he's a shitty driver

that's bs, you may be able to minimize the damage if you have extremely quick reflexes like a pro driver, but not every crash is avoidable, people are just too fucking stupid

>comparing small overlap to moderate or full headon
you are some sort of retard

Hopefully your bus driver is half awake then.

My bus driver is extremely attentive. That's why I bought a Green Pass

>one of the safest cars IIHS has ever tested

Kek

>still safe in general
They're shit man. I'm poor too and don't like to think about it but realistically if any of the normie housewives hit me with their 8000lb suv I'd end up pancaked in what's left of the trunk dying in agony as it catches fire.

They lived

>small overlap test
>important
Yeah sure. It's so calming to know that cars are not not made overall safe and tough but specifically tough in designated areas to pass tests well.