/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Came to the wrong neighborhood:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): evernote.com/shard/s281/sh/393a0e74-5dd1-46d3-ae9b-42b9146bb82a/e1ec02ada85b6a30

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersyde.com/download_dark_souls_iii_the_ringed_city_gameplay-39119_en.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ifhy9pp1pAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Ringed City being Lordran

He just fucking sits back down. What a guy.

>Great Door Shield
>it's a joke weapon

y-you too from

>Murky Longstaff
>The long-handled staff wielded by the murkmen who rise from the depths
>Slathered with a black murkiness, and fit for dark sorceries.

>Great Soul Dregs
>A sorcery that fires great dark soul dregs that have stewed for ages, far within the deep.
>This sorcery is the highest form of Deep Soul
>Some of the murkmen who rise from the depths are possessed by soul dregs, which have a grave likeness to the human form

Age of Dark begins now!

>summons an army
>just takes a sit and watches as they murder you
kek

>tfw Faith gets a miracle like this
impossible tier

Alternatively, Gwyndolin and Priscilla had a thing going on, which as far as fan theories go is such a tame one I'm surprised people don't talk about it more.

*passively fire surges you to death*
:)

People don't want to think about their waifus fucking each other.

OH SHIT I CAN ALREADY SEE HOW IT'S GOING TO END

In true fashion, the end is inevitable, so the Undead, having finished their quest have nothing left to do. All that they can do is:

Spend the last of their days enjoying what time they have left, doing what they know best: Fighting...in the arena located at the World's End...till it all ends for good. This is why it was added in the previous DLC. Because it is all you will have left.

Pottery.

>seething chaos
>The last flame lit by a demon prince.
>This pyromancy hurls a clump of chaos.
>Upon impact, this clump of chaos seethes wildly, condenses briefly, then explodes violently.
>To the demons, these clumps are shreds of life.

So, what, it's lingering flame that you throw like a fireball?

>Demon's Scar (curved sword)
>This chaotic thing, the last flame kindled by a demon prince, is shaped like the claw marks of a demon.
>It is both a fiery bladed weapon, and pyromany flame.

>pyromancy weapon

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

>rumours about demon prince are actually fucking true

The end of the game will be miyazaki banging his head into his desk and regretting ever making a demon's souls sequel in the first place.

Well Seath raped Gwynevere to create Priscilla, so maybe Priscilla raped Gwyndolin to create Yorshka.

>Aquamarine Dagger
>it actually is a sorcery catalyst after all

alright you fucking retard, time to turn on a trip and never post without it again

So the new Darkwraith armor is going to be a set, right?
They didn't pull another fucking crow knight thing on us?

Also I hope the desert slut hood matches Alva armor again.

>Seath the Scaleless
>Priscilla has scales
go away vaati

it doesn't seem like a darkwraith set
it's a dragon knight set of some sort

I hope to fuck there's more standard looking plate armour.

I love me some steel plated armour.

Reposting this, if someone wants to copy-paste the notes into a Pastebin with the color formatting (maybe use HTML code), I'll try to put it in the next OP, so that we don't have a shitload of space taken up by the Evernote link.

>sorcery catalyst
Where's it say that?

Look for videos on deleted content / unused weapons and armor

Most of it is already in the disc, just hidden.

>its a joke weapon
Why would it be?
OrmaReeves hit like a truck in Das2, despite having a very limited moveset.

that would imply new londo is/was in the ringed city

darkwraiths are dragon knights because primordial serpents are dragon larvae.

Because joke weapons in DS2 were actually really useful, but joke weapons in DS3 are objectively hot shit.

Reminder that the Ringed City was Gwyn's gift to the pygmies, in order to keep them as isolated from the rest of the world as possible.

Vaati's notes, where else?

It casts Sorceries and Miracles

Four Kings do look somewhat draconic

what the h*ck user pick up you're bloodstain

So wait, when Lothric said we remain among the accursed, he wasn't talking about us being accursed. He was talking about how killing him changed nothing because the actual accursed people, the Pygmies, were still among us enacting their plans.

Yeah, I've seen some of that stuff.

Didn't Vilhelm's set overwrite the Burial Knight set?

I always loved the look of the Burial Knight set, just needed some polish to the model.

Don't remember the last time I actually had fun playing souls.

Now that I got demons souls finally, i got the good old "everything will probably try to rape me horribly of I dont read messages and shit" feeling back again.
Played everything but bloodborne, going in blind except checking shit like weapon upgrade paths and weight limit breakpoints. So far I am only up to armor spider

Vaati says nothing about it casting sorceries and miracles. He's talking about the Lothric kingdom's pillars of the scholar and priestess, citing it as one of the few places that use both sorcery and prayers because the item itself is a magic dagger inscribed with a prayer. The purple text is Vaati's asspulls for lorefagging.

>Didn't Vilhelm's set overwrite the Burial Knight set?
It did, but there`s anew NPc in DLC2 that wears the Burial Knight set.

Alright so the egg woman is Gwynns daughter

>MINDFLAYER BELL RINGING
>THE STAGGER DIDN'T WORK

I don't even play this game anymore. I just came here to see the butthurt of the "das2 is not canon" fags.

I think he was just saying that "you ain't hot shit. You just a hollow, you'll never be a God even if you link the fire."

Yes, but why did he leave his youngest daughter there? And why would he need to come back for her?

>going in blind except checking shit like weapon upgrade paths
The only justifiable exception. Demon's Souls upgrade system was fucking weird.

General rule of thumb, sharpstone is for dex and mag, hardstone is for str and fth.

Probably get more traction on /v/

I'm not sure if either of us is confused, but this is the Burial Knight set isn't it?

The other one is the one that the new NPC uses, correct?

Needed someone to stay behind and make sure the Pygmies stayed in their fucking city.

Said he'd come back so she'd have something to look forward to that didn't involving inserting very small men into her vagina.

then, go back to /v/
it was their meme after all

>tfw harald knight curved gs has unique R2s and innate dark damage and it's even infusable

cool!

Source?

/v/ doesn't even like souls games.

for the longest time it was /dsg/ literal OP image, though

I don't know anymore based off what is going on in this DLC. I thought that when I played the base game. We're starting to see just what he knew and I'm thinning different. Especially since it's talking about the Demon Prince surviving and cursing people.

>Hardstone for str and fth
Wasn't that Faintstone for blessed weapons?

>running r1s you to death

This is the one getting used by the NPC.

introspection

Here's the new gameplay trailer in high quality:

gamersyde.com/download_dark_souls_iii_the_ringed_city_gameplay-39119_en.html

Its Patches.

Meant the hardstone upgrade tree. Faintstone is a branch on the hardstone tree, unavailable to sharpstone tree weapons. You're thinking of greystone, which makes the Heavy infusion.

How much do you guys wanna bet that all dlc bosses can bleed

Deepest lore.

Fuck, it's been a long while.

More like speaking about Ashen Ones, Chosen Ones, etc. They'll always be called upon for as long as the fire exists and nothing can change it.

Thanks, user.

Question, is shield guard break reduction=stability=stamina consumed when blocking? Trying to find this kind of information is proving to be surprisingly hard or I am judt looking from wrong places.

>Darkwraiths have high poise, making them extremely difficult to stagger and a respectable threat
>Super Fire Embered Dragon Soul of Cinder Darkwraiths have 0 poise and can be casually stunlocked to death at your leisure.
Ever get the feeling that big M just doesn't know what he's doing?

>Overgrown Lothric Knights
>Covered in thin vines.
>One uses the Lothric War Banner.

>Lothric War Banner
>The flagpole that once carried the Lothric crest, and guided the knights long ago.

Okay, who just said this shit wasn't a weapon? Because this shit is a weapon.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ifhy9pp1pAw
THE FUCKING MADMAN GIVES NO FUCKS

virtually everything we saw NPCs use in AoA AND in this DLC will have a player version

That new sword makes mention of veins running through it like the leaves of a tree.

Angels wings look like leaves, with veins running through them like leaves.

Everyone turning into trees.

All of the tree symbolism in Dark Souls 2.

The tree in the opening with the Fireflies

Seeds of Giants.

The tree thing in the Sunken King DLC.

The Archtrees.

The bottom of the new DLC is said to be a hollowed out tree. Hollowed Tree.

The First Flame was in a giant tree trunk.

Ringed City looks pretty big. Inb4 we can only explore a small part of it.

That area looks fucking nice.

>inb4 it's literally just that one stretch of highway, probably leading to a boss

Why do people continue calling them darkwraiths? They don't have skulls and the armor is different.

>have the urge to watch DLC gameplay
>don't want to be spoiled

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KEEP ME FROM DOING IT LADS

Easy fix, just read the thread.

In the beginning there was an endless expanse of grey, stone crags, stone archtrees and stone dragons. Then the flame appeared and created light and dark, dualistic aspects of itself, think of the flame as the center of the universe, the light it casts off a bubble around it as the world we know and everything outside that the dark. the hollows which were literally just empty stone things, essentially the same as the archtrees took their souls, the essence of the flame's light from it, and the pygmy took the dark soul the essence of dark. This is why souls and humanity are two separate things. With the lord souls Gwyn and his buddies did all the things they did in the intro to das, building a kingdom inside the light around the flame and linking it to the bonfires to extend the kingdom, physically extending the bubble of light into the dark, he also gave the pygmies the ringed city, which I'm gonna take to be the literal ring of twilight at the edge of his realm, pygmy descended humans populated his kingdom as well and have both humanity and souls, we can assume the pygmies would have much less souls and much more humanity than humans in Londor, if any souls at all.
With the cycle every time the flame is linked its like adding a fresh layer of kindling to the bed of ashes in a fire, but less and less every time. The light and the world of it slowly shrank back and weakened as layer and layer of fresh ashes were added to the base of the world, ash lake and the primordial dragon landscape. The ringed city if its then literally the ring of twilight around the light has been growing into the layers of ash and detritus of civilization as the dark advances.
The deep, the dark and the abyss are all more or less the same thing, the opposite substance of light, if this were a sci fi universe it'd be anti matter, the abyss is Manus' (a primordial human, a pygmy) sorcerous attempts to bring the dark in gone viral.

This is the basic rundown right? Anything I fucked up?

>Bringing back Earthen Peak
>Literally the shittiest area in DSII

why

They seem to act like Black Knights/Darkwraiths/Soul of Cinder

Oh yeah, that's what I came here for.

>has a chance to sit down and play the game with a laptot on hand for not-taking
>records item description
>stops recording item description after a single fucking line
>doesn't indicate if the weapon is a consumable, weapon or catalyst
>doesn't indicate its effect
>doesn't indicate its weapon type or WA
>doesn't mention having even tried the fucking thing to see what it does/looks like
What is wrong with this guy?
Hew wrote a whole fucking paragraph of speculation about the magic dagger without even telling us the WA

>Let's have 3 bonfires 45 seconds away from each other
Even when taking ascetics into account, this made no sense.

>tfw dont want to get spoiled

ITS EATING AWAY AT ME BROS
I WANNA WATCH
BUT I DONT WANNA SPOIL MYSELF

I WANNA EXPERIENCE IT FOR MYSELF FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Glad I'm not the only one getting mad Tenshi no Tamago vibes. Add another to the "inspiration" pile along with Berserk.

Miyazaki is insane. Need I remind you that he brought back Lost-fucking-Izalith, the worst area in the series?

Looks like something straight out of Soul Calibur.

His priority is lore bux. It has always been lore bux.

We'll never get a good faggot who sticks to the important stuff and keeps their stupid speculation out of everything.

Vordt, Foot of the Highwall, Undead Settlement.

Wonder if Aldia will ever come back

Yeah, souls is only original for western plebs.

It's a fucking unoriginal ripoff of mainstream shit

Humanity and souls are different because regular souls have lost their unique power. The Dark Soul is a different soul that allows one to resurrect after death.

>Fixed issue where a player could invade another player during a boss battle.
>Fixed issue where an enchantment could be applied to weapons which normally could not be enchanted.
>Fixed issue where, when items are used while casting magic, display glitches could occasionally occur.
>Fixed issue where it was possible to cancel immediately into a second magic spell after casting the first one.
Hope you didn't spend too much time learning how to Dartcast and Hailcast.

That armor looks stupid as fuck 2bqh.

The sword's pretty gay too.

Say what you will about rushed execution, but Lost Izalith as atmospheric as hell and I would be more than happy to revisit it in a revised, more fleshed out state, unlike areas like Crystal Cave.

When does the DLC officially release?

Gotta prep

>rather than fix the numerous problems with hexes, they just made a bigger hex and a better staff to cast it with

I'd complain, but I'm too busy laughing at the crudeness of it.

What talisman/chime does Vilhelm use?

Trying to make a cosplay build that actually uses everything the NPC does.

It's the Velka syndrome

The Dark Sign and the Undead Curse is what causes you to resurrect, not the Dark Soul, resurrecting with the Dark Sign causes you to lose your souls and humanity and hollow out, revert to your primordial soulless form.

Can't you see the Archives bonfire right from the Dragonslayer Armor bonfire?

March 27th.

Sunless Talisman. Casts Vow of Silence and Great Heal.

W-we're going to get bone fists this dlc, r-right bros?