I hope you speak a language outside your language family, user

I hope you speak a language outside your language family, user.
I realy do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwU_YvApCEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>language family
That's a very generic concept user. Are you implying that an english speaker should know a non germanic language? Or a non indoeuropean language?

I do. English.

this, please clarify

I'm learning Japanese.

A non indoeuropean.
It gives you a way better undestanding of the concept of language in general if you learn one which had no structural connections to your mother tongue.

I've tried to learn Japanese on my own but I always stop studying after a couple of weeks, I just lack discipline. Teach me your ways, user.

The only way to learn anything is to have it in front of you where you cannot put it away and have nothing else to do.

Would be cool, but it takes effort.
Ideally you should avoid languages with old, close geographical connections too. Avoid the western Uralic languages too for the best result.

I'd me most likely to learn the most western Uralic language of all, so I'm breaking my own rules here, but it'd give even better results if you followed them.

I do. I speak English, Japanese, and Latin.

>Ideally you should avoid languages with old, close geographical connections too. Avoid the western Uralic languages too for the best result.

Not all. If a Spanish or English speaker for example learned Finnish or Hungarian he would seldom find any similarities aside from loanwords.

Why though? All languages worth learning are Indo-European.

I don't want to learn useless languages like Mandarin, Arabic or Japanese. I'd rather learn something I can use.

>why though

he gave his reasons in his post

>mandarin arabic japanese
>useless

wew lad

dn̥ǵʰwā́m ǵénh1esos tósyo h1eǵʰs ne wóydh2e :(

Xrd for Ket
youtube.com/watch?v=EwU_YvApCEU

So many people are interested in Ket. Would be awesome if the international language fan community got together and learnt it, and produced content in it. In its current state the language is doomed, but perhaps the Ket people would be interested in learning it if they saw the rest of the world admiring their language

I speak Arabic, persian, pashto, urdu, russian, french,spanish,portoguese and german.

and i speak them for a reason

Are you a spy?

I hope none of you claiming to "speak" these languages consider colloquial conversation the benchmark of fluency.

>english
Alright okay
>korean
>language isolate
Rageface.jpg

close

special forces

I like the idea of it, but I'm not super thrilled about the options.

Let's take Mandarin, Japanese and Korean. Korean is the easiest one, but it has the shallowest culture, so that's out. I like Japanese, but I'm not a weeb, so that's out. Not a masochist either, so Mandarin is out.

Then there's Arabic. Not a bad option, but I could learn Persian, a richer language in my opinion, for a quarter of the effort.

What's left, really? Finnish or Hungarian might be the last good ones left, but now we're back to Europe and it would be a stretch to say that these languages have no structural connections to European languages. Not at the root, but they have been heavily influenced by them all the same.

So why not just spend my time learning more Indo-European languages?

do you get pucci

fellow squad's boipucci? yes

native local pucci? no
too much of a hassle and trouble.

qt boipucci?

if you consider your designated marksman's ass as qt boipucci, Yes.

My natives languages are Finnish and French

I spent my childhood and Finland and I moved to France at age 7

I love the Finnish language for the insight it provides on linguistics as a whole but I got to admit that litterature-tier French can be easily used to construct sentences beautiful in both syntax and lyrism

I'm sort of on your level. I've been eyeing Mandarin, however it seems like a lot of work for a language whose native speakers will never truly acknowledge me as an equal. Writing system is mad inefficient and almost intentionally stupid. Lots of literature to read, though. Lots of people to speak to.

based lucas pouille

Sorry dude, that's way too difficult for me and most people. Hell, the only reason europe is multilingual is because you can travel 50 miles and wind up in a different country with a different language.

My grandfather learned English from American blacks in the ghetto back in the 70's

It's a riot hearing an old korean man call folks jive turkeys when they piss him off, or saying outta sight when you do good in school