/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Did not quite go extinct over the centuries:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): evernote.com/shard/s281/sh/393a0e74-5dd1-46d3-ae9b-42b9146bb82a/e1ec02ada85b6a30

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
youtube.com/watch?v=GN_bbPGmhq8
progressbar.com.au/2017/02/dark-souls-iii-the-ringed-city-preview/
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/144213
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for bloodborne

First for Bestlord Nito will rise again.

>Linking evernote
>not the pastebin

>yfw

Is Memeazaki just making up more children of Gwyn at this point.

Holy fuck, how deep does this rabbit hole go?

>linking to vaati's notes instead of the trimmed pastebin

pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

PC, lvl 17, tower on the wall, summoning someone to help.

Reminder that grounded knightly aesthetic is always the coolest shit, be it armor or level design

>And the Deep was really just part of Londor's plan all along.
explain

>It's another "From has to turn off HUD so people don't see them blatantly playing with god mode" episode
is anyone actually good at these games?

>Did not quite go extinct
>as though anyone would pass up the opportunity to reproduce with that

>she will never keep your fire

>didn't post oceiros' back cancer

I wonder, really. He was a king he may or not had sex with a lot of weird beings of he wanted.

How so?

The math on the Blacksmith Hammer looks favorable over the Craftsman, but I know the details on the weapon reach or moveset may swing the balance.

I dont know how good the kumo 1hand moves are because ds1 has different animations if you dont meet prereqs

For example its generally not worth onehanding ultra weapons because its the same general swing just slower and weaker.

>toxic buildup
oh nice, maybe I'll be able to get some people with the storyteller WA in invasions

source on that webm?

the mother of dragons is the queen of Lothric, she gave birth to Ocelotte, the Child of Dragons, who's egg she is cradling.

Will be fixed in the next OP.

Some guy uploaded a video of the full first boss fight on YouTube.

>hexers finally getting a new staff
>hexers finally getting a fucking nuke

Someone please post a webm of the ghost punch spell, I need it right now.

progressbar.com.au/2017/02/dark-souls-iii-the-ringed-city-preview/

Shouldn't she just be "Mother of Dragon" then? That "s" on the end changes the context.

"The Deep" is actually just the Dreg Heap. Their whole religion centers around an apocalyptic prophecy that the end times exist simultaneously with the present, and will inevitably come to pass. It's "Deep" because the Dreg Heap is the lowest layer of the world, existing underneath the living world in its current Age of Fire, but above the Abyss. It's essentially Ash Lake after countless eons of lost civilizations have sank into it. The Abyss lies even deeper, hence the distinction.

In other words, their whole religion was built upon worshiping the path to the Ringed City as a prophecy that would hearken an Age of Dark.

They were just worshiping Londor's agenda.
And guess who their prophet is
Aldrich
And guess who Aldrich serves
Sulyvahn
And Guess who Sulyvahn serves
Elfriede, founder of the Sable Church of Londor

Whats the use of a new dark sorcerey staff? Seems to be almost identical to the izalith staff judging by its description.

It will probably just be a direct upgrade, because the Izalith Catalyst is trash.

SULYVAHN BOWS TO NO ONE

Bogdapasta version of sully when

>Gwyn just gave gen 1 humans their own place to live
>they actually created some of the most advanced and cool military in series that combines dragons and darkwraiths

She gave birth to that egg?

Whew

Anyway,isn't this dlc supposed to be really lore heavy and important to the close of dark souls as a whole? The final boss being Ocellote's mom would feel pretty underwhelming.

If it has to be something dragon related make it one of the old dragons who survived and has since usurped the dark soul and plotted to kill the flame and return the world to an age of grey where dragons can naturally be born again or something

Nobody knows yet, and it's not like anyone had time to test it. It's really hard to be worse than Izalith Staff and it's Aint/Cfth scaling, though. Even with B/B it'd be better.

>Murky Longstaff
>The long-handled staff wielded by the murkmen who rise from the depths
>Slathered with a black murkiness, and fit for dark sorceries.

it sounds better.

Good off hand weapons in ds1 besides furysword or the tracers?

>the dragon chime is given to you by Grandahl after you slay the Darklurker, an angelic figure

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/144213

should I just infuse the rapier with crystal/simple?

I agree, but the meaning is different.

If it's staying in your off hand, make it simple.

but then why is the Deep a solid, giant mass of stagnant humanity? You saw Great Deep Soul, it's literally a giant humanity sprite coming out to hug you, and the human dregs that power these sorceries come from man

I really hope it isn't a direct upgrade. The last dlc already had a lot of broken overpowered stuff.

what the fuck is this thing supposed to be? a Giga Darkwraith?

but I do intend to poke people with it

it gains one point of AR over sharp, but its split so I'm not sure how much damage I actually lose on average

>inb4 Mother of Dragons is the final boss

Miyazaki: Verka? Ginnyverr? Manrus? Who dey? I give you new charactures because ar dat other sturf is answered in main game.

You rike?

Nigger there is nothing broken or overpowered about dark sorcery.

It's not like pyromancy where it was already pretty good before the DLC, it is pure bad right now. They NEED this shit.

Ultra Dragonslayer Cinder Darkwraith 3000

Reposting but
>This DLC has at least 3 bosses
>Already looks to have as much content as AoA despite only being one boss in
>costs the same

...What the fuck happened here

the demon prince boss looks super unfun

at what point will Gael figure into all this, and will we have to go back to the Painting to finish the DLC?

>The final boss being Ocellote's mom would feel pretty underwhelming.

it's a combination boss with 6 phases, featuring both her and Ocelotte.

it's lore important because it

1. explains the unknown connections between gwyn and the pygmy's, and why he has a daughter in the ringed city with angelic dark miracles.
2. ends the entire gwyn/first flame story arc

It's clear Londor has been going since the beginning of time and have a clear understanding of the Abyss, the end of the world and how it all works. They've been watching and plotting for some time now.

English is my second language so I have a little trouble understanding this:

Fooled by that toothy serpent, they upturned the grave of primeval man, and incited his ornery wrath.

Oolacile desecrated the tomb of Manu's, but that dialogue implies it's only one primeval man, right?! It's from the wiki.

Being an upgrade for dark spells might also be a downgrade for normal spells. If it had B/B instead of IS's A/C, it'd be giving up a lot of damage on Flashsword, Farron Dart, and other shit for a little bit more damage on GDS, Affinity, Dark Edge, and the new spell. That's a bit of a lopsided trade.

revealing that gwyn and the pygmy are the same person is a pretty big twist.

If the abyss is hell, then the deep is limbo.
It's the dark-tainted rim that lies at the edge of the precipice.

The Dreg Heap itself is a giant sinkhole that descends downwards, like a crater, towards the Ringed City, far below at its center. Since the Heap is the world at it's dying moments, essentially poised at the brink of the end of fire and the birth of the Dark Age, it's naturally that it would be overrun by humanity. "Human Dregs" are just sprites of humanity that seek to sink down into The Deep (the Dreg Heap) to await the Age of Dark at the end place and time of Fire's end.

This is a confusing concept to explain but basically: The apocalypse isn't a point in time, but a place in the world, outside of the world, under the world. It's the point where the Dark Age will be born, so free humanity is drawn to it, collects there, sinks down to it. And there it stagnates, waiting for the end to pass.

of course they know all about the Abyss, they were educated by Kaathe and were stashed in the ruins of New Londo

Why not the buff the izalith staff? I just don't want the dlc to be adding more weapons that make the others obselete.

>This DLC has at least 3 bosses
Exact words were "more than two". Don't get your hopes up too high.

the abyss is a unique thing that exists in a specific place near old oolacile. it's equivalent to chaos.

More than two is three you stupid retard

No, they've been pushing the idea of the Deep being liquid in nature the whole game. In addition, the new spells also keep making reference to the Deep being damp, and moist. The Deep is a liquid expanse.

>american education system

It's always been my guess that Londor is Kaathe's New-Londo Mk. II and it actually went right this time instead of the leaders going batshit insane from humanity overload and their knights becoming abominations that start massacring the populace.

my dick can't handle that much thiccness

he's saying that it's wrong to assume that the DLC will have 4 or 5 bosses because all they said is that it will have more than 2. he's telling you to count on there being only 3 bosses.

>being all smug
>while actually acting retarded

I highly doubt this is New Londo. It's a very unique place.

It has been spreading and eating away at the ground for some time now.

The dialogue does imply that, yes.
Though in this case "Primeval Man" can also be a plural phrase referring to a tribe or culture.

An example would be the english idiom: "Since man has gazed up at the stars..." which refers to "man" as a plural referring to all mankind. "The grave of Primeval Man" doesn't necessarily mean the grave containing THE Primeval Man(singular), but The grave dug by Primeval Man(plural)

Buffing the Izalith Staff would obviate any room for choice at all. With Izalith being okay at both magic and dark while Murk is great at dark but bad at magic, there's an actual build decision to make. Murky takes the role of "all or nothing" by being good with only 4-5 spells and giving up the rest, Izalith is the middle ground between dark and sorcery, and Crystal Chime lets the same build use sorcery instead of dark.

"Only three" is a potential contained within "at least three". "More than two" and "at least three" are literally identical statements if you're working with integers. I don't see how one looks more hopeful than the other.

Fun fact: if Dark Souls 2 is canon, then that means there is actually more than one Abyss.

>finally get DeS LED sign in the mail
>the cord is too short for me to actually hang it anywhere
T-thanks...

AoA had them implementing the arena. They can now fully focus on pve in the Ringed City.

Do banwaves usually come just after a patch or around the same time as one?

That was actually pretty helpful. Now that the information suggests several pygmies.

>Dark Souls 2 is canon
Parts of it are canon and only those parts that Miyazaki brought into DS3.
If he ignored something, it may as well not exist.

How would you perfect this enemy?

It's not a matter of integers you nerd, it's a matter of intent. "At least three" means the person saying the phrase is expecting four or more, but "more than two" means the person isn't expecting more than three.

It's hard to explain.

>paired weapon: sword and pyro catalyst
he's literally a giga raw ass + flame arc twink with full darkwraith armor and lothric's hood

I like what you're saying, but I think that it's important to note that the Deep exists even in "the present," or "the past" -- Archdeacon McDonnell had access to the Deep even during the normal strength of fire.

I think that it would be more accurate to say that whenever you have large amounts of humans dying or human corpses present (like in the continuous human buffet that was the CotD or in the giant cemetery of all human history like the Dreg Heap), their humanity naturally coalesces and sinks as far down below as it will go. Humanity has physical weight to it, we've known this since DaS1.

So anytime you get a shitload of humanity all in one spot, but it DOESN'T explode and start shitting abyss everywhere, it will sink and form huge pools of viscous humanity, which people call "the Deep." This is also why you can conjure the Deep from within yourself just like how you can conjure the Abyss when casting shit like Pursuers -- it's just another form of manipulating the humanity within you with sorcery. You could see such a pool right outside the CotD.

Also keep in mind that the Deep takes over the world at the onset of the Age of Dark, indicating that the Deep is how the Dark was "intended" to be, without Abyss fuckery fucking it up.

is this guy from the dreg heap, or all the way within ringed city? cause it could be a follower of the abyssal dragon.

kys

You can't improve what is already perfect.

>Gwyn was so fucking scared of gen 1 humans he gave them a comfortable place to live as well as his younger daughter

This is what extension cables are for. Haven't you ever gone camping?

Shut the fuck up. DS2 is canon and none of you can change that.

>there is more than one Abyss
so long as there is more than 1 human with humanity to drive insane, this could conceivably happen

>It's not a matter of integers you nerd
name a number which is more than two but not less than three, aside from fractions

or perhaps.......................................................................................

>as well as his younger daughter
says who?

>"dark souls needs an update"
>"sweet, I'll let it go update while I watch a movie"
>watch movie
>come back
>"would you like to start the update?"
fuck me

>which is more than two but less than three, aside from fractions
the exponential "e," usually denoted exp(1)

Don't try to be smart with me ass burger, you know what I meant.

>tfw can't see the angel's face clearly

>only took a minute
wew

It's the item description for the banner in the DLC. Gwyn gave the pygmies, holders of the Dark Soul, a city at the end of the world as well as his youngest daughter.

He was supposed to come back for his youngest daughter later on but went to a barbecue instead.

This is THE main Abyss, though. This one is where it all gets swallowed up, and the true reason why Gwyn Linked the Fire. He saw the inevitable End of the World due to the Abyss, and a Linking the Fire temporarily stalled the Abyss from eating it all. He knew it was only temporary, but he did it anyway. When the Fire fades the Abyss resumes its consumption of the world.