/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Retarded warship edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta (never forget)
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgfwwqwxdxY
youtube.com/watch?v=9kxu543VwlA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for empyrion a shit

I think gmod has a computer mod that uses wiremod and shit, you could probably do server management with that.

Naval Ops WG2 was better than From the Depths.

Almost made a new thread myself. Nice I refreshed the catalog before I did.

>all the famous
>more than one
Muh dick

Nice gunbed, is this the new Robocraft update?
7th for get out Robocucks

9th for abortion mission

>build enthuisiast tier 2017 PC
>spengies not shit by 2018
>runs well and doesnt chugga the simpseed
>JEJ is not DED
>new warbros serb
On a scale of 1-10 how optimistic am I being

So stacking paper-thin solar panels and thrusters is basically way to min-max in Avorion, right?
What else can you stack like this?

ded

Keen needs to replace half of their incompetent staff, quit catering to the LSG crowd and rework their engine so it actually can run well in MP.

Apart from all the boring shit hulls like carriers, battleships, and submarines, you could build
>single drillship
>double drillship
>catamaran battleship (e.g. Harima, which is on the FtD workshop)
>retarded battleship with two carrier decks on the side
>a giant rubber duck
>some more stupid shit that I can't remember

and arm them with all sorts of weapons like 1000mm howitzers, sci-fi lasers and wave motion guns, and fight retarded shit like rocket-propelled battlecruisers and a giant laser oil rig. It was super fun.

On the subject of weird Japanese bote games, who Submarine Commander?

I'd a jap sub.

I'd a jap destroyer.

To be honest, I'd prefer Taihou out of all of them. Good tastes though.

>Taihou
I respect that you have opinion different from my own but sometimes correct opinions exist.

>when you close the interface while docked in avorion and your ship manouvers to the new position of the mouse, crashing and ripping apart a chunk of the station

every damn time

i'd a jap cruiser

I'd a jap mech

Bringing this question to the new thread cause nobody answered it.

>Does it even work with current gmod versions? Also, is there any real goal if you're playing it in singleplayer?

>real goals
>gmod

user...

>iowa

But can you make a base that can do stuff like producing new materials that have cool properties, or is it just build a base that can gather materials for life support and done?

>or is it just build a base that can gather materials for life support and done?

Just that.

Gmod never worked well. Spacebuild always lagged. Nobody plays it anymore, it's dead. Let it lie.

>spengies will never be good
>empyrion is shit
>abortion is shit
wat do egg

What is the origin of grilledposting?

You could always give REM a go. Or not, I don't really care. Baka.

Horrible horrible mistakes have been made.

Amay kaway??
OO GOO...
What the fuck is with this.

You gotta break some eggs to make an omelette.

You'll never learn how to factory well without making ones that don't work so well first.

Problem averted, at least temporarily.

What did this user mean by this?

Whats with the sudden anime posters here, not just in /egg/
>its an aneemey board oney chan
And you were on vacation?
Keep killing the image limit like that.

>a loop

Eyup, that's a temp fix.

>Keep killing the image limit like that
We were no where close the last few threads. Keep crying and deal with it.

Keep trying cat sucker.

>root of the problem completely unaddressed
>averted
All you did was make a longer belt, which means perhaps five minutes more before it bogs down again.

>implying
Keep false flagging.

wot
i don't even post anime

He'll figure it out eventually, don't help unless he asks for it.

Stop replying and just report him.

youtube.com/watch?v=mgfwwqwxdxY

Switch back to the old design, but have only red assemblers on one side and only green assemblers on the other.

Reminder that if you don't like anime posting you can fuck right off to plebbit. Nobody will miss you.

Just those. And probably only until next update.

Also to that user asking about collision damage. Just turn it off if you can't stop running your ship into things.

Has any one ever made deployable and reliable unmanned drones in SE? I remember about two years ago on here some one had a .webm but it looks buggy. I want to make them in MP.

They're fully possible now. Fleet Control Mod (script) lets you make a carrier.

>gmod
>darkrp
>prop cost enabled
>hunger enabled
>shitting enabled
>weapons and ammo only drop from NPCs
>food only spawns on farms
>wiremod and check'em
>simple prop damage
>PAC
>resource gathering plugins
>no classes, only light, medium, and heavy body types
>light has parkour swep
>medium has more inventory space
>heavy has even more and comes with armor
Is it a start?

I thought that was an actual mod. I should have mentioned in vanilla.

does abortion play well on shitty graphics? I'm running a several-year-old intel i7 with no graphics card

also is it multiplayer with 1 server that everyone plays on, or is it like minecraft where someone hosts a server and all your progress is only saved on that server?

>doesn't realize people on Veeky Forums (moot included)
this picture is outdated

>deleted
>
>not
Can we just do away with all offtopic BS including the Kerb posting?

You know what to do.

who the fucks gonna host that

You can do it now with the programing block inter comunication changes they did recently.
You will have to code it, but its possible.
Also they said something about the AI sets, to have various modes, like what do if there are obstacles and also be in spider mode.

>do away with all offtopic
>ALL offtopic
/egg/ is in its best form while being off topic, and theorycrafting or other form of autism.
Choose your words better or the maidos might accidentally delete a productive discussion, /egg/ causes enough trouble for them as is.

It's just one autist splerging out over the anime pics. He'll either learn his lesson or fuck off for good.

Just use a splitter instead a sideloading to merge two science belts you dumdum.

>/egg/ causes enough trouble for them as is
one of the most calm generals actually

I know, but don't say anything that might be misconstrued, distance /egg/ from things that cause trouble for the mods, lest they throw the bath out with the bathwater or something.

Understood, but that faggot still needs to understand where he is. Mass reporting him should take care of the problem in the future like it did this time.

What lesson is there to learn?
Morons like keep posting this fucking bait to keep the people trolling against anime pics sated, leading to constant shitposting.
Even your post is bait.

>where he is
Veeky Forums where we feed the trolls instead of ignoring them (what you're doing right now), pretty sure they understand that already.

>youtube.com/watch?v=9kxu543VwlA
>the top rotor has no power
Neat

>tfw lego will never be great again

If I want to go full autism then what Factorio mods should I implement?

It got expensive over the years.

>tfw never got to take mindstorm/computerized lego to its full autistic potential

the shit we could pull with a bucket of lego and a raspberry pi

>tfw mom gave away hundreds of dollars of my LEGO moving in with her boyfriend when I was a kid

Did you kill her? That should be a capital offense.

Is that fucking nnenn?

>he was a wive's son
I guess we all are, but you know what I mean.
memes

Current mindstorms run GNU/Linux on a 300 MHz arm processor. There is not much more you can do if you had a raspberry pi. Of course this is mainly because the raspberry pi sucks at computer vision, lacks hardware timers, and has a shitty USB interface.

If you make a lego machine that builds a copy of itself from a bucket full of unassembled lego bricks, you win lego.

>be slav born in 1993
>only ever saw plain lego blocks, not even the fancy stuff, just regular bricks
>even that was a fucking treasure at the times
>barely anyone even heard about lego back then
>was too old when heard about technic/mindstorm/whatever
>was too young and stupid do something even I if had it, which wasn't an option
>only now do I realize just how much I missed
A-at least now I can build a 3D-printer and buy arduino parts to make pointless and useless machines, r-right? Right?
Being a third-worlder always sucks, but sometimes it sucks particularly bad.

>tfw had all of the mars mission good shit
>like, all of it
>tfw parents gave it away because I "wasn't using it"
>tfw they fucking gave it away to my spastic fucking milenial cousins that don't understand a world existed before phones
>mfw they never fucking use it, but managed to break half of it and shit up the rest
>mfw they'd shit it up litterally sometimes

are hangars/fighters worth using in Avorion?

this is literally the only thing i care about in any game at all anymore

i want my fucking carrier ops

>literally
Ouch. I feel ya m8

I could have gotten younger siblings to share video game experiences with. Instead I got a pair of literal autists [not even in the good way, one of them can barely read] that are obsessed with watching people roleplay in Minecraft or fuck with FNaF models in GMod

I remember having a bunch of legos as a kid and having this set, which was really nice. I could probably do something a lot cooler with it now than my 10 year old self could dream up with it, but my teenage self gave away all of them to my aunt who works with special needs kids. I get a little mad with myself whenever I think that low-functioning autistic kids are probably chewing on them now when I could be chewing on them, but that's life.

now that I think about it, i might as well try them since turrets are limited anyway and its not really a tradeoff like it would be in a lot of other games

When I was little my dad made me heaps of these little contraptions that could be hooked up into a circuit. They were nails nailed into square pieces of wood that contained LEDs, electromagnets, switches etc that could be connected with alligator clips into circuits.

>be 8
>have four super soakers
>have four cousins same age group

Aw yeah

>all they're interested in doing is smacking eachother with the guns and chewing on the tips

o-oh. Growing up with tards is suffering.

Good night /egg/

WE DID IT LADS

Good night /egg/.

which of these are electrical engineer approved

N-netcode?
I dont understand.

K O H C T P Y K T O P

And did what?