What do you think Veeky Forums? Is it worth lusting after? I'd buy it stock, but replace the suspension, brake pads...

What do you think Veeky Forums? Is it worth lusting after? I'd buy it stock, but replace the suspension, brake pads, and tires and take it to the track.

>modifying a fwd

Brakes and tires, maybe, But not suspension. That's going too far on a fwd grocery getter.

Get a lightly used Toyobaru or spend another couple g's on a new one. At least then you got a usable platform to work on.

It's probably the best race car money cash can buy, get it OP

desu you're just better off waiting for the Turbo and then converting it to N/A

If I were to track a 10th gen I'd just wait for the Si. It's releasing very soon.

i would agree with you, but i prefer the Honda engines and I'm not good enough to handle a RWD car just yet..maybe that's next

that doesn't make sense. the turbo models have lower compression and no VVT

Considering the 2017 aesthetics are the best they have been in years imo, and if you enjoy driving it, then by all means take her home

i would if it wasn't so much more expensive. it's supposed to be 50% more.

Hondas suck

>fa20
>useable

it's not a bad interior for the money

and one more for some detail

You're better off getting a mustang

What non jap car has as much interior space as the accord? For the same price? In b4 rollover explorer

but those are like 600 lbs more and $5,000 more for more car than i need.

realistically it's between this and a Mazda3, but I'd rather have a coupe vs a 5-door

But you're looking to take something to the track right

>take it to the track
>non-Si civic of current gen

no

I agree, and even then stock power isn't that great.

i don't want to take a fat, expensive pig

it's not like they'd turn me away at the gates if i don't have an SI

>fat expensive pig
It's not a challenger fuckface

jesus m8 just buy an older civic

but it is 3,500 lbs

can't :/ insurance reasons

i guess i'm coming away from this thread with the thought that i'll always be wanting an SI

>insurance reasons

IM CONFUS

shouldnt an older car cost less to insure

i mean shit my 90s truck costs far less to insure compared to my 2013 and the 90s truck is a fuck hueg v8 and the 13 is a 4 banger ecobox

it's not just cost, it's the car itself. warranty, etc. to be blunt, i'm done buying used cars unless they're something worthwhile. and to answer your question of cost, this would cost ~$15 more per month than my current 2012 civic.

manufacture warranties are shit anyway and the moment you modify your new car they are going to tell you to fuck off anyways

I'd get the hatchback since the 1.5T is standard.

>caring about the warranty
>wants to mod it
Wew lad

suspension, tires, and brake pads won't break the warranty....but driving on a track is a whole other matter

also, gb2/pol/

then you are not good enough to handle a 20k car.

oooooooo...not even one with ABS and traction/stability control?

too complicated and reliable, I got a 2005 E class and I pulled the fuses for traction control and all that bullshit. Drives raw AF lol and I can drift and shit which gets me hella props

to everyone that provided some insight thanks

except for the >buy an si >buy a mustang people who don't understand the concept of compounding interest

i'll keep you guys up to date.

ur a fucking retard like holy shit i cant tell if this is bait or trolling or serious.

enjoy your fwd ecobox that is probably just as good as the 07 civic i paid 5k for

That was 5k not very well spent. You could have had a badass E34 for that money. But I guess that's why you Honda guys buy Honda, because you're idiots.

hmm i could either let my husband daily drive a BMW that will break the fuck down every 5 seconds

OR

i know im grasping at straws here

get him a car that will run for 300k miles with normal maintenance

Who says they break down every 5 seconds? Your 1990s anecdotal evidence? Please, you Honda gays are all the same.

The new Civic interiors certainly look nice, but they feel worse than they look...

It all looks good but then you actually sit inside and it still feels like a tin can.

We're not all that bad, I love Honda's but I catch myself drooling over the thought of an E34/E39 M5

I wouldn't lose sleep if I could find a nice E34 540i 6 speed either though

if you buy one that wasn't some high school kids project and do the work initially to keep it reliable you should have nothing but trouble free driving out of any old BMW with one of the inline 6's that were shared across the common platforms

How much are you planning on spending on aftermarket? Besides ford does 0 percent interest if you have good credit.

>buying a slowcar

And not that I'd say Mustang anyhow but there is the ST.

>buying a new civic
>buying the base model
>modding a shitbox

Ford is clever. They offer 0% interest but then the assfuck you when your POS starts breaking down and needs to be repaired with the Ford fuckmaster 666 computer which is dealer only

i'd buy a Lincoln if this guy likes them. I mean they don't pay him to drive a Lincoln, he just liked it.

>Front wheel drive
What did he mean by this?

>lusting over a 19k standard jap shitbox

are things really that bad for you

get a 4 door, it's just better, design, usability, etc
>Fog lights for muh touge action
install selective yellow bulbs for fogs