tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 7 (preview of Live Fire mode and more additions)
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-7/
1/23 Server patch notes
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9811/titanfall-2-server-update-1-23-2017/

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

TERMINATED:

Go Fast or Die Slow

>that headshake

bitch thought you were [RDDT]

SPEED IS LIFE.

SPEED IS LIFE

SPEED IS LIFE

textures can't be opened yet
but i'll try and redraw it later for fun

also oh wow i never got around to actually editing this did i
i should do that first

Reposting

What I understand is that making and FINISHING multiple games yourself is infinitely more impressive to any development house than attending any school.

Start and FINISH projects.

10th for trap pilots are fast and cute

Kill youreself

When's that new mode coming out

The obvious choice is Computer science or computer engineering.
The less obvious is, if you have the talent, digital design.
As Respawn has said, good ideas can come from anyone though.
Take a look at Respawns webpage, they have their whole staff their. It will show you what kind of people they hire. Also you can look at a Youtuber named Hyper. He used to do animation and now he works for respawn.

Eventuallyâ„¢ within this month
should be news tomorrow in FNN, maybe, probably, hopefully

FNNs come every 2 weeks. didnt we just get one last week?

Computer engineering.

You'll get the skills you actually require to make a game, or well, sort of. Good luck finding any artists and musicians willing to work with you, at least without upfront pay.

That and you dodged a bullet by not getting into game development. At least by getting into STEM your degree isn't totally entirely worthless.

Whew thank fuck...my 6 out of 9 colleges I applied to were computer sciences
Thank you anons

no, last one was the 27th of january
it's in the op, senpai

As an added tip before you go into college, the best way to get companies to notice you is actually do things during your college career.
If in a few years if you still want to make games, then start a project yourself and make a game. Join clubs, get active, Talk to professors, that sort of thing. Show that you like what you do and you're committed to excelling.
Its something I wish I had concentrated more on when I first got into college (3rd year in Mech eng and History btw).
Hope it helps.

Thanks. If I can print it and it hang it up, I'd be super grateful.

So help me I will steal your stack spot tomorrow. Old Navy buly can make way for this nonsense.

>tfw live fire will be dead on PC anyway

>tracker cannon splash damage radius will literally never be nerfed

Tone will never be nerfed honestly its over. The game will be like this forever.

>He thinks the splash damage is a problem
will the slow ever learn

Guys
I cant stop using the softball and now my KD is tanking
pls send help

Enjoy not having a good pocket ronin you fag

I'm way more salt about the ludicrous Core damage.

Scorch does 2 bars, flat damage.

Ion can get 3ish with a good application.

Ronin can do more but you have to facefuck and you have no damage mitigation.

Northstar CAN get 4-5 if you are on top of a Titan, but again no damage mitigation.

Legion you have to be in the right spot.

Tone just floods my speakers with heat seekers and does a guaranteed Titan Kill.

Prefer Northstar Viper combos with Emacs but I can pilot the Allah Akbar bot just dandy.

I just unlocked it and got 3.5 levels in a match
git gud

>Just unlocked it
>Telling people to git gud
Fucking git gud yourself you trash fuck.

Wowzers, 8 kills in a match?
Youre incredible. Teach me your ways.

been leveling the cold war, love it. regened it and gonna continue to use it, but i want another weapon to alternate to now and then. i choose the softball since it looks pretty neat and the reload animation is cool too.
any general tips specific to the softball? i understand about being above enemies and stuff, im fairly decent with the cold war. im just wondering how to handle the small fuse and when i should or should not reload on the softball. stuff like that

>tfw no smol and cute pilot wingman

youre having fun arnt you? no one else can see your k/d ratio, so whats it matter. anyway, if you keep at it, you will get better and your ratio will go back up.
if it really bothers you, then alternate weapons. play a few games of softball, and a few games of whatever weapon you are good with. id just stick with what is fun though.

Reload it after any confrontation or even if you've only used one burst just randomly firing it, if you use it and then land in-between more people switch to your secondary and kill them then go back to the skies.

>Ronin can do more but you have to facefuck and you have no damage mitigation.
u wot? ronin has the best damage mitigation in the game, especially when in swordcore.
pic related is not in swordcore. in swordcore that salvo core wouldve done even less damage, probably eat my shield and a sliver off my titan hp

Always reload, take quick reload, keep altitude up. I like taking it with phase shift and tactikill since it gives you a lot of uptime on phase shift and you get 2 reloads ish when you shift to kill someone afterwards. You don't really need the extended magazines perk on it honestly since it reloads one at a time.

True, I do see myself getting better, especially with sticks.

alright. how often do you guys ADS? is that something i should do often or just for long range stationary targets? im planning to run hover with it, but i can drop that if ADS is beneficial with softball. thanks for info

I only ADS for titans and for things that are far away. You don't need to ads if they're close since it more or less goes straight if they're close enough or if they're below you.

Hover is a useless thing to have on with it, either take power/regen or if you're using grenades more often than not then take the grenade one, ADS only brings up a projectile projection to show you where it goes, after a while of using the softball it should become instinctive of how you should arc your projectile (which isn't needed most times as you're directly confronting the person)

Spitfire and Scorch baby!

Its too bad piggybacking sucks a big donkey dick now
Used to be fun in TF1

ive grown to love hover on cold war so im gonna at least try it out on softball. im running the same build minus the weapon obviously. one last question and ill stop pestering: is amped weapons beneficial against pilots?

To be fair you only blocked about half that salvo

Yea it's very good for the softball. Don't take gravity star with the softball because it doesn't work correctly I think that the explosions destroy the other grenades you throw so you only get 1 explosions worth if a pilot is stuck in the star.

indeed, but consider that a battery shield is only 2500 hp and how little shield hp i had left, that might give you some perspective as to how much swordblock mitigates damage. salvo core is not dangerous to ronin, same goes for laser core. only thing in the game ronin cannot block is northstar's railgun. it does full damage, swordcore or not.

>Get killed by a stimbot I had been dominating as he was roofcamping
>Teabags like a madman
>As soon as I respawn a stimbot stims around the corner
>Punch him in the dick and retaliate teabag on reflex because I thought it was him
>It wasn't
>Take a minute to send the guy a message (consolefag) letting him know I mistook him for someone else

Anyone else or am I just that much of a fag?

oh really? didnt know that about gstar. ill test it out to make sure and swap to somethin else if its true. thanks for all the information

Not a lot of people know this, but the mitigation on sword core sword block is substantially higher than regular sword block.

I usually just teleport away or through core abilities, there's no reason to block the full thing unless you have to

yup, its fuckin nuts. luckily 90% of ronins ingame are not so informed and rarely ever swordblock, otherwise dealing with them would be a pain.

>turn on sword core
>run into 3 titans and toggle crouch while holding block
>laugh and run away

That's brojob levels of faggotry, yeah.

ye i know, i do that sometimes too. its entirely situational; how much hp i have, how many dashes are up, tone or ion, how far away they are etc

Depends on situation and awareness
You have friendlies behind you fighting off another Titan or distracted finishing someone off and you teleport you have literally doomed you both as you will now have 2 fuckers to deal with
But you save your teammates and then both go ham on the shitter

Bruh nothing's faggy about a brojob

>Your journey ends here Pilot- the skies belong to me
>Nowhere to run... Nowhere to hide

whoever it was that decided that not only can you not execute in ronin but ronin can still be executed while sword core is up needs to be fired

Why does the speed meme perpetuate this general? The game's not THAT fast.

It's the only even slightly fast shooter to come out recently.

It's intentional for balance reasons. Just use electric smoke and when they're doomed you one hit them with melee.

never try and approach someone when you're doomed without either phase dash or arc wave

And there's so much garbage all over the map it makes me yearn even more for Tribes. I have the worst luck when it comes to mantling over random surfaces when slidehopping.

Reminder to always throw arc grenades a safe distance away
Far away

nice toss
>ADS with alternator
why tho

cluster missle is the best. so fun to smoke out pilots or just blow them up behind their a-walls

I wanted to shoot the tick

gotta time those double jumps properly. though it is unavoidable in some maps. i find it really hard to get around canal without running into a box or some invisible mantle shit.

If you're in sword core and doomed a titan, just back off. There's a 99% chance they're going to eject afterward. Focus on your next victim.

I didn't know you could jump off the bridge as a fatty but I guess only for Amped Hardpoints.

shit like this makes me wonder if i should use viper thrusters more often

my ninja nigga

random ordnance kills are always a nice surprise

what camo are you running on your legion?

The 3rd warpaint you can unlock

absolutely. viper thrusters are great and allow you to turn vtol/flight core into a defensive skill and even dodge stuff like laser/salvo core.
did that dude lag out or randomly decide to hover for no reason?

this "not that fast" is the fastest game we have since tribes died

Apparently tonight Crash Site is my shit.

purge those heretics

>get a titan all the way down to doom state
>some faggot comes along usually a ronin
>executes them and steals the kill

Points should really be allocated based on damage. Too often do I play scorch and end up with no kills despite doing massive damage.

nth for holopilot

It's just too good

Should I bee shooting from the hip or using my sights? I'm new to modern shooters

ce-celeritate vult...

Generally in modern shooters it depends on distance, with titanfall its mostly whatever you are comfortable with. I've gotten people at med-long range with hipfire on the R97.

depends on the weapon you're using. most of the SMGs and some of the ARs are good for hipfire at most ranges

yeah. at least you get points towards your titan/weapon for assists though.

SMGs are all hipfire. Assault Rifles are a bit of both

rendering out a goddamn beautiful six minute draft cut. missing the final three portions (windows, grapple kills, and misc. examples).
you fastboys are gonna enjoy this.
sleeping now while it bakes, will upload in the morning.

Twitch /spoonersloth
He's getting rekt in public lobbies with his little clan of Ronins

Its attack OR defend.

Tone can have both.

Is there such a thing as too fast?

like others said, it depends on your weapon. what are you using?

since youre new, another tip: learn the movement system. try to stay off the ground as much as you can and utilize wallruns. chain them together to traverse the map faster. it will help you get the drop on pilots. its fundamental to gameplay, as much as aiming is. it important that you dont play the game like its a regular shooter; you cant simply sprint on the ground all the time or you will not do well at all.

theres lots of guides on youtube you can check out.

of course, in that regard tone is superior. however, the skill swordblock itself mitigates so much damage from any source(minus the railgun) that it is arguably up there with particle wall as a great defensive ability. particle wall no longer has the HP it did at launch. it is good, but not as overpowered as it was before.
also a little tidbit incase you didnt know: ronin's arcwave will destroy particle wall and i believe legion's gunshield in 1 shot.

i was really worried about having to deal with this guy while trying to assist my last standing northstar ally against a damn tone, but then the problem solved itself

Somehow I never realized until now that I don't execute people while I'm in swordcore. It makes sense, if you were to execute someone it would either waste precious time with your core or it would unfairly prolong it.