Redpill me on manual transmission, Veeky Forums. I'm leaning towards getting an automatic

Redpill me on manual transmission, Veeky Forums. I'm leaning towards getting an automatic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UP4A1JQS1F8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cumbersome, outdated system from a time long past. Only exists as a socially acceptable way to practice handjobs and indicate to other gay men that you are open to a polyamorous gay sex-based relationship.

>I'm not gay but I think about gay sex constantly and associate everything with penises

>mfw BI and drive a manual

also have a husband and a boyfriend
WEW LAD

>Redpill me

All this means that you're unwilling to do your own research or you're unable to form your own opinion and rely on third-hand anecdotes..

This thread is shit. Have a roll boys.

Get whatever the fuck you want. Manual transmission is more fun, makes driving a much more engaging experience. If thats not for you, thats fine. Just buy the auto.

No, it means I'd like to open a discussion on the topic, you socially awkward mongoloid.

Rolling.

That's some tough talk from someone who just rolled a goblin.

Roll...

DCT master race reporting in

Rolling

It's easier to text and drive with an auto
It's easier for other people to drive your car on a trip with an auto
Easier in heavy traffic

I just got a manual, pic related. I learned how to drive manual on this car, which was pretty tough. I chose manual because the shifter looks/feels like a penis and shifting gears helps me with my handjobs. Overall its a great way to come out of your shell as a gay man

roll

Your kids wont be able to drive it when they sneak out.

did someone's daddy drive stick while he made you play with his stick?

>automatic lets you react quicker

can shifters refute this?

top fuckin kek

roll

Each has its own pros and cons. Neither make a difference if you have a 1L engine and only drive inner city.

rolling

rolling

Roll

it's fun but I had serious buyer's remorse the first couple days I was trying to learn manual especially since I needed to learn how to drive it quick so I could actually drive to work on the Monday.

also no one wants to borrow my car ever which is a good thing since I can't really say no to my mom even if I don't want her to drive my car.

You rolled well, congrats
youtube.com/watch?v=UP4A1JQS1F8

roland

DCT has its downs, too, and is a different kind of fun.

It sucks at low speeds at is an absolute pain in the ass to stop without a jerk (just like an automatic).

It is fun at higher speeds.

Get both DCT and stick.

And fuck the automatic.

Yes, you do sound gay.

This car will actually feel much better with a manual, just like any underpowered car.

r011in9 m8y

Absolutely.

Automatic shifts when it feels like, not when you actually need it. Even expensive automatics and DCTs can fuck you up - I've recently decided to let my 335is' DCT to drive me in its "sport" mode, and it punished me right away when it upshifted in the middle of the corner when I was accelerating - fishtail was immediate and very unpleasant.

With a manual (or DCT in a manual mode), you can predict when you will actually need power power, and shift when it doesn't jeopardize stability and traction.

The only way automatics become as good as manuals is when they get all the sensory input a human driver gets - other cars, weather, road condition, etc. That day is coming soon, though.

Rolling

rolling

Get manual if you like extra control over car, easier(or cheaper) transmission repairs, better fuel economy, and performance. Get auto if you like supreme convenience, or if you will be sharing your car with someone who doesn't drive stick.

rolllle

They're great if you really like the experience of driving. But if you're like most people, you'll just want your delightful turd to do the work for you.

rollin

Roll

Who cares? I drive a 5 speed shitbox and i like that i can actually make 100hp accelerate up a hill easily without my transmission shifting up and down randomly with my foot flat on the floor. Once it becomes second nature you just stop thinking youre special.

Besides, its not like Veeky Forums autists are loudly judging you in the lane beside you for what transmission your car has.

one with big tits please

fucking KAPPA
nice ass though

A manual is just called a gearbox, I think. Transmission is exclusive to autos

I'm buying this on Saturday. Manual and supposed to get 50+ mpg while diesel. Anyone know anything about these?

LET'S DO THIS

no mods lets roll

Someone FUCKING give me a (you). Everyone I post this I just get IGNORED

rolling

If you're in slow traffic most of the time get an auto cause clutching sucks in traffic
If you drive for leisure get a manual, better driving experience

>armpits
Patrician taste friend

Rolling

rollino

>thread is now /mgt/

Rollin for the liz

>inb4 cosplay tier reeeeeeeeeee

Roll

welp, lets do it

Pretty sure the 7-GTRONIC in my W204 is better than whatever manual tranny you have in your shitbox.

good shit

i don't know but i drive a manual care because i'm too poor to afford a automatic on i never drove an automatic car but i suppose that automatic is master race because the technology used is newer

rrrroll

Great fun for twisty country roads, fine for highway commuting, but for city miles get an auto.

Ty men

lol

it's entirely possible that this is the least important choice you'll ever make in your life

Ima rollin

be prepared for it to be absolutely gutless

also watch out for rust, on the strut towers specifically

other than that, pretty neat trucks. a lot of people run biodiesel in them

quick roll

Roll

extra

Gutless as in no power/torque or what?

there are no redpills in transmission choices. both are good systems that do the same thing but in a different way and automatic trannys are expensive to replace

if the car you're looking for has both manual and automatic available then try both and see what you like more.

hell yeah

roll

rollo el pollo

WRX SHIFTER WITH A STI TRIM REPLACMENT RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yeah, its a

The only useful advice in this thread...

When I learned to drive you pretty much HAD to know how to operate a manual. As the years have drudged on that's no longer the case, even here in Yoorup. That said, after I drive auto trans from 2000 to 2012, I went back to manual. Mainly because driving an auto is so boring, and when today's auto's shit the bed, it's a $3,000 to $6,000 repair bill. A manual clutch plate assembly is $400.

ROLL

Here we go

typically manual has less parasitic loss, but auto is so much faster that it overcomes a small power loss.

you can control an auto manually....and high stall converters are the shiznit.

Give me something with a fat ass...

yea no unless you have a new car that you paid the price of a house for.
Autos a shit.
For daily commute and whatever normie "car is just a way of transport" way of use they're fine.
For actual driving they're shit.
I've had many slides caused by auto switching gears mid corners.
I've had auto make many safe overtakes unsafe
If you want something with a mind of its own get a dog.
Or

rollin

do you like choosing your gear or do you like having the big corporation choose your gear for you?

i drive a lot of cars every day, with bigger engines and more power than my little 03 corolla, but i always miss it because it has a manual transmission and i hate not being able to directly tell the car what gear i want to be in.

that's right, i would trade a mercedes s550 for my rusty old corolla because of the transmission.

Wew.

>it means I'd like to open a discussion on the topic
>on Veeky Forums
kek.

If you were at all serious about that you would've started with something other than "Redpill me on X." Perpetuating memes makes you look stupid and lazy. Try harder next time, goblin-lover.

Roll.

roll

roll

rawl

Actually shitty underpowered cars are helped the most by a manual transmission. Obviously you're not going to break any track records, but you do away with the power loss from the slushbox and the car becomes more responsive and easier to live with.

Most autos still on the road are still slower than their manual counterparts. Some newer autos are faster because they use dual-clutch systems that shift very fast and avoid the parasitic loss from the torque converter.

Even then, the "faster" autos are only consistently faster in a straight line- around a track a human selecting gears is going to do better. (Ideally, with fast shifting using paddles instead of a manual clutch)

>muh traffic
If you don't suck at driving manual, traffic won't bother you.

t. manual shitbox driver living in Los Angeles

Roll

roll

Roll

Roll

Roll

Roll

rolling yo

I like my DSG. It's the DQ250 transmission and for the torque my engine runs I would have needed an upgraded clutch if it were a manual.

Roll

dont be a betafag and get a manual transmission. theres nothing more satisfying than dumping the clutch and taking off like a real man.

Or an STi with a WRX shifter.