What's the deal with these cars? It's a cheap 2 door Honda yet it seems to be ignored pretty much

What's the deal with these cars? It's a cheap 2 door Honda yet it seems to be ignored pretty much.

because it looks gay and is just a heavy Civic

it also has two seats

a two seat, front wheel drive car.

no, they get a lot of love and they are good cars!
It's just that they have the reputation to be a coffin.

That's what they are, a vtec coffin.

>Del slow

It was Honda's response to the Miata, and they got everything wrong that made the Miata good.

>FWD, not 50/50 distribution, looks like shit to everyone

So does the CR-X. What's your point?

I owned a 1997 Del Sol Si for a while. Great car. Very underrated. Better interior than a Miata and more storage. The targa is nice when it's off, but taking it off is kind of a pain. It's a good California car.

Buy one and stick a B16/18 in the back. Post results.

crx looks way nicer

That's just like your opinion man

Toyota Paseo

True story about me and a Del Sol:
>be me
>a volunteer firefighter
>taking Basic Auto Extrication
>that's the class where they teach you to use the Jaws of Life and saws and shit like that
>have to extricate "Annie" from a Del Sol
>Instructor asks me to take the roof off
>reach in
>hit two latches
>roof pops off
>instructor bemused, but says
>now put it back on and pretend it doesn't do that

I guess it's harder to fit a dual cam in there because of the small engine bay, so they get ignored.

Oh yeah, I cut up a 91 CRX Si that day, too.

I felt nothing.

The s2000 is the Miata comparator you fucking mongo

This car has been desecrated left and right by beaners.

>230HP vs like 150
>6 speed vs 5 speed
>Variable valve timing 2.0 vs DOHC 1.6
>Nowhere near the same price range
the only thing in common between them is the fact that they're 4cyl, RWD roadsters. but they were not competition. The S2000 was a much more serious car

Solid rear axle < double wishbone

>this entire post

> and they got everything wrong that made the Miata good.

Not true, they made it look every bit as, if not faggier than the Miata.

You'd be right in 99, but the MSM and NC are both better cars than the S2000, and cheaper.

I think better is being used subjectively here. The Miata is definitely easier to drive, and more affordable, but tit for tat, the S2000 will outperform stock vs stock.
Besides, I was responding to the part about the S2000 being an answer to the Miata, which it wasn't.

>hondas
>for people who think that interior of car that pretends to be MR makes it a better car than a miata

Owned one for 4 years was my fist car I bought. If you can find a good one they are tremendous fun they do lose rigidity with the roof off

Mastering wide-arming the roof off and putting in the trunk is the best

The seats are my absolute favorite too kept the passenger seat when I switched them out and sold it and made a computer chair

Its fwd

Its not the worst "fwd miata" though, that honor belongs to the mercury capri

It's just as easy as any other 90's Civic to drop in a B-series, the problem is there wasn't many sold and the chassis is super flimsy (due to no roof) compared to the other Civics and Integras of the era.

what this user said
Super flimsy to the point of making one to troll any class of cars becomes 2-3x cost of just buying one of the staples.
T. currently searching for a 240 to build for grip-runs
Considered the Del Sol but it would be even more expensive than a 240SX.