/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

I'm back bitch edition

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R1_P6c2q1xU&t=590s&list=PLDR3ta7VqKryXOcFwWv6Di8PmJqtYocI3&index=11
mhgen.kiranico.com/greatsword/azure-serpentblade
mhgen.kiranico.com/greatsword/sentoryu-bane
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, deep, perverted, unmistakably sexual, adult kiss!

psychoserum
qu'est-ce que c'est

Bought my fianceé a N3DS + Gen yesterday. Wish it was 4U, but they didn't have it at the store.

I just hope she finds it easy enough that I never have to hunt with a rando again. Really fucking tired of people carting to fucking Gypceros.

It shows the large monster on the map for a little time, for when you didn't tag it with a paintball. Very useful if you have no idea where they are (especially at the beginning of missions or after a paintball runs out and you think they're going to sleep). Always carry at least one with you.

that's the main reason I want a gf that plays mh desu, I don't get people that just want their loved ones to have identical hobbies to them

I panicked when I saw page ten and made a new one as well.
Please ignore it.

It's convenient. In my case, she got interested in it because she saw how great the games did as stress relief tools for me, and how much fun I had cutting tails off wyverns.

I bought Gen on release day because 3 friends of mine said they would too, and neither of them did in the end, so I'm pretty happy I got to give her something nice and get a hunting partner from it.

I find playing hunting horn well can make rando hunts far more bearable as I can carry the team with buffs and heals. A dedicated MH partner is far better though.

>hunting horn heals

Wow it's nothing

>3 friends of mine said they would too, and neither of them did in the end
That's how I got into the series with 4U. I also got 3U as a gift from a relative literally a couple of weeks later.

Anyone have a good resource for learning CB that isn't intimidating as fuck? I don't have 4U with me, so it'll be Gen. It just seems so complicated.

What bothers me the most about randos is when they don't bring capture gear for regular missions and quit the room after realizing you didn't bring any either.

Not only they're cheap, they're expecting you to be psychic.

>finally get around to putting my Gen charms into ASS
>plug in the proper skills for teo bow
>esurient r with barrage earring
10/10 I welcome this new fullset meta

youtube.com/watch?v=R1_P6c2q1xU&t=590s&list=PLDR3ta7VqKryXOcFwWv6Di8PmJqtYocI3&index=11

Gonna get some flak for listing gaijin hunter here, but this tutorial is pretty straight-forward.

I'm enjoying my

Crit Draw
Crit Boost
Sharpness +1
Focus

or

Crit Draw
Crit Boost
Sharpness +1
Focus

GS sets using full Esurient R too!

Hunting Hyper Jho some more to get that full set for my Bow.

There's GH's video, it'll familiarise you with the basics but his gen tutorial videos aren't fantastic, they're mostly just showcases of what styles change.

The best way to learn CB is to just suck it up and use it for a while after learning those basics in my opinion, if you run into a problem (can't cancel SAED into AED, can't figure out how to get red shield up, can't gp, etc) you can always ask here for advice and get it on a specific subject.

the second one was meant to replace Crit Boost with Punish Draw

>duram horn can double note heal S with Heal M+antidote
They arent going to give us megapotions in song form user but thats enough to save someone from carting.

I never looked at it in 3U, has esurient always been top tier? I remember in 4U it was like sharpness+1, razor sharp, AUXL and speed eating+2, aka everything you could need for most weapons short of HGE/evasion, while looking Veeky Forums as fuck. Obviously mixed sets could do better with HB and C+2 but it was probably the best general-use fullset in the game.

3U had the only useful healing system, but it took two players to set it up. Melodies Extended would reset Health Boost L for infinite Lifepowders.

Until that shit is possible again (never), just use regular Lifepowders.

Hayabusa Feather
Malfestio Mail S
Lodestar Armguards
Malfestio Faulds S
Malfestio Greaves S
-----------------
+5 Sharpness OOO
-----------------
1x Razor Jwl 3
2x Perception Jwl 1
1x Tenderizer Jwl 1
1x Razor Jwl 1

Razor Sharp
Weakness Exploit
Capture Guru
Critical Eye +2

Looks Effay AF and is uber EZ to make

Is late better than never?

how many hours do i need in the game before i start to understand what you people are saying?

in MHGen it gets Sharpness +1 or full Normal Up

and about 12523412 slots if you include 3 slot god charms you have alot of possiblities.

About 10. Not joking, rule of thumb around here is first 10 hours of any title = tutorial.

20 or 30

>no crit boost

>hayabusa feather
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10 to 15.

>+5 Sharpness OOO
>uber EZ to make

>not cheating in your charms because you'd rather be a save editing fag than a coal farming cuck

>all these bowfags hunting at low hp

Balls of steel. I never could play like that and not sewat like a fuck.

this desu

>farming for charms
Just play the game.

I'd rather do TA's with perfect god charms than play the game properly

Honestly it's not that bad, compared to 4u anyways where it was near impossible to get an optimal charm

>not having 10K Yukumo Contribution Points

>Redhelm IV
>online with randumbs
>HBG carts, no big deal, ate for Insurance
>HBG carts again
>"J'abandonne la quête"
>he fucks off and it dies not even 30 seconds later

Feels good

Why people abandon the quest? I think is better failing even when you lost your items instead of abandon

Only respectable time to abandon is if two carts happen in the first five minutes

Saves everybody the time if someone carts 25+ minutes in and fails the whole hunt

Some people think they'll get shit on after the hunt if they cart once. Sometimes I flip down the 3ds out of reaction if I cart trying to do a ballsy brimstone slash.

I just turn off my 3DS out of frustration if someone carts, then carts again as soon as they get back to wherever the monster is.

I want to ____ Tama!

>dc because I'm having a bad day and don't want to cost my team a second cart
>when I open the shell I had already died
emoji with a crying laughing man and emoji with a hand doing an "ok" gesture

I also want to kill Tama!

Yeah! I want to farm tama!

climb inside it's yellow maw and get swallowed by

>want to introduce a friend to mh
>decide to try 4u because I prefer it over gen
>can't find any fucking cias of the game that are region free or at the very least eu
>freeshop doesn't work for him
Why the fuck is it so hard to get holy shit

Thanks Anons. Very helpful. I'm gonna try it now.

Stop doing this to me!!

If he can install cias he should be able to remove region locking on his system.

What CFW is he using that doesn't come built in with region free?

How did you people survive 140GQs?

>they did 140 GQs

>2017
>Carting

Why did they remove the field pouch in 3U.

Why did they remove mounting in 3U?

T'was in P3rd. More than remove I guess "ignored all QoL changes" form P3rd is more accurate.

>gravios is back
>he isn't fast
>he can be easily BTFO with water, not tedious
>he doesn't have shitton of health like duramboros

>shitter still complain about him

Really makes mr Cringe.

>Deviant Gravios is faster than Diablos in rage mode, has more health than two Jho, and will actively switch his weaknesses around and absorb all other elements to heal itself

How? I tried to put it in ASS and no results for s+1,crit draw, crit boost and focus.

Just had blanche carry me, dude

did you update your ass?

let me grab my set and charm.

torso up head
rest esurient r
fast charge +5 crit draw +3 ooo talisman

>tfw can solo 140 Shaggy, Jho, Blos, eyc
>but Apex Rajaang and Zinogre fuck my shit all day every day

Yeah I did

140 kush, shaggy and jang were the ones I would solo also BYKK but that was for fun, not farming.

Which weapon?

Liar

>one thing or the same thing

Btw is LS especially strong is 3U? I know I'm only doing LR stuff, but shit dies so fast, and I'm not that used to the weapon.

Not him but I just plugged it in and it works with a 3 slot weapon. You can also get it with a 2 slot weapon but not with fullset esurient.

These weapons work great with that set
mhgen.kiranico.com/greatsword/azure-serpentblade
mhgen.kiranico.com/greatsword/sentoryu-bane

Screencap please, I literally can't see it.

2 slot weapon

cataclysm blade gs (ludroth one)

>not R E M O V E edition
you already fucked up OP

let old man Tama sleep. He's very tired of your dumb hunter shenanigans.

gets enough white to stay white with evade and has more damage than tigrex one

you remembered to set weapon slots right? and to put the charm he listed into your list, "use my charms" and set guild quests to all and village to 6*?

now this doesn't check out, there's two results but neither are fullset esurient r

I literally said

toso up head

I can make a room real quick if you wanna look at it.

Are purple gypceros supposed to be annoying as hell?

oh, my bad

first post you said full esurient r though

I'm sorry

I wish it looked better on females.

The gunner one is great though.

>finish doing all quests except special permit
>check how many points I have
>5K fucking Yukumo points
>barely over 3K for Kokoto
>2.2K Pokke and 1.9K Bherna
fuck this, someone link me an editor that lets me add these points.

Now I actually want to play XX.

>Kut Ku and BKK have a god tier G rank moveset
>go back to the shitty low-rank patterns in MHX
GEE, THANKS.

I want to remove Brachy's virginity.

actually not seeing that either, even with a torso up head (felyne hairband) specifically checked in advanced

what's your decoration layout (as in what's on the torso), I'm seeing you coming up one slot short with what I'm trying (crit draw 2 on the torso), and either way actuall proccing crit boost would give you attack down since it's done entirely with decorations

in fact ACTUAL fullset esurient r works but has attack down s, which is why it wasn't showing up in ASS for me

come to think of it what's the point of torso up with fullset esurient r in the first place, since every piece EXCEPT the torso has 3x slots and 2 handicraft and the torso has 2x slots and 2 handicraft you're literally just making your headpiece worth one less slot

something ain't adding up

>that doofy frantic flapping animation 126+ blue kut-ku does while flying around and trying to hit confirm you for a swoop
adorable

haha a shitty excuse to post my favourite dank mh maymay

Critical 1 Charger 1 in Weapon
Felyne Hairband
Mail Draw 2
Bracer Charger 3
Faulds Draw 1 and Draw 2
Greaves Crit 1 Crit 1 Crit 1
Talisman Fast Charge +5 Crit up +3 OOO Crit 1 Crit 1 Crit 1

>tfw no Deviant Kut Ku that bowls with flaming Konchu

>Crit up +3
you said crit draw 3 earlier, no wonder.

also what I said before holds true, the helmet would still be technically better (not that you could do anything with that extra slot)

I'm a retard.

But ASS should find it if you pick "2 skill charms" or w/e

I recommend using Skull Visage S if you want more def but shittier res

The esurient helm has more defence (which matters more, since it also affects damage taken from elemental sources), it's almost strictly better unless you're really worried about thunderblight.

For that set you won't be able to use the helmet though.

That's why I recommended skull for defence.

I personally use the hairband cause it's cute