When will Honda end Acura like Toyota did with Scion?

When will Honda end Acura like Toyota did with Scion?

A fully loaded Honda is not only cheaper but has more features and much more reliable than it's Acura counter part.

They won't. Acura is supposed to be a luxury brand, so compare it to Lexus not Scion and the point of Acura and Lexus has always been getting Toyota or Honda with a better interior and maybe a better engine

rip 3rd gen TL

When has Acura ever been relevant?

When Pulp Fiction came out.

>acura
>luxury

Pick one and only one

Is the ILX a good car?

Remember, this costs 50k

I swore it was a corvette last time I watched it.

dafuq you mean not reliable?
my 2004 mdx lasted for 11 years. only problem it had was in it's last year (navi bootlooped)
on a 2010 tl now, still going strong
and they're damn well specced

bro the tlx tops out at like 40k take this shit elsewhere

sorry wrong post, didnt mean to reference in

>Acura
>"""""""""""""""luxury"""""""""""""""

>comparing Acura to Lexus

ahah oh wow. A closer comparison would be 90s Buick to Chevy. Same fucking shit except with plastic fake wood trim and chrome stripes everywhere

It's a last gen Civic Si with a DCT and nicer interior, but there's no point in getting one now that you can get a new Civic hatch with a 1.5l turbo and a 6 speed manual for cheaper

When Ford ends Lincoln

Eh, it's in that weird half-lux world that Volvo, Saab, and Lincoln occupy.

Honda's core lineup has certainly croweded out Acura's niche for the most part. In the last 7 or 8 years, they really have been "MDX for upscale soccer moms and a few other forgettable cars".

They have the excellent SH-AWD system, but they do not market it well, and they do not exploit it across all vehicles either.

Most adults that I know that own an Acura had come off of bad experiences with BMW or MB, and want tech, reliability, and conveinence, without owning a poor people badge like Honda.

So yeah, in 2017, Acura is the brand for the aspirational people who have seen over the wall, and decided they don't give that much of a fuck anymore. Funny thing is that is exactly what Honda's outlook is for the brand.

And I say this as a former 9 year 1st gen TSX 6MT owner. I love what the brand was between 1986 and 2008, but after they fucked up the last gen TL, killed the "good" TSX, and brought out the dumbshit ZDX, they have been drifting at sea. That being said, the last gen RL and the current RLX Hybrid is probably the most underrated car on the planet. If you want a Japanese car as JDM top notch build as you can get, then this is it.

Mandela effect in effect.

I was about to make this thread.

I want something compact, reliable, and fun to drive, but look like an adult doing it.
Golf GTI looked damn nice, but I can't see myself driving a Hot Hatch driving to work every day. Suits and a hot hatch look strange.

THATS A HONDA
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck Acura. If they want an enthusiast base, start making RWD cars

Trying to find 6mt TSX in decent shape for first car, looks like I'll be waiting forevrr

Really? Because that center piece of the tail light disagrees

>mfw apprentice tech for Acura
>Any car past 2008 is literal garbage

It'll exist as long as they keep making money.

Well, everything you guys do at burgerland is just garbage. Can you never do anything right?