/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Sarcophagus Never Forget Edition

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/stcop-original-weapon-distribution
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9wc_uciQCKWYUJXS09jZ2Z3dWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous Thread

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Awkward

Goddammit look what I found in muh archives

dumb bandit scum

>killed everyone else in the base
>find Private Muhamedov squatting quietly at the TV
Wake up aniki!

5th for obligatory gardepost

I feel like DocX's dynamic relations is just not worth using. Everybody becomes friends because everybody kills monolith.

makes sense. why would doody shoot freedumb in the open field without any reasons?

what mod family?

Test Quest Mod

In COC, is there a way to adjust your faction relations? For example, if I'm playing a Merc, I want to become neutral with Duty.

Kill loads of banditos

The problem is that everybody becomes friends. It's quickly becoming a full on ceasefire aside from monolith. Even bandits are on friendly terms.
I don't mind the dynamic aspect but it needs to keep the conflict moving, otherwise you just have zones full of stalkers who aren't doing anything.

I.e. kill enemies of the faction you want to raise your rep with

How hard would it be to go through Clear Sky with the AK-74 as your primary weapon? I'd be packing a shotgun for critters and maybe a 9x39mm or 7.62x54R-chambered gun for long range work as well.

TRs or Enfield?
Spill da beans

>how hard would it be to play the game with the most general purpose weapon there is and also other ones when I feel like it
makarov_guy.mp4

74 is a bit weak in comparison to others, but it's doable. Really depends on difficulty and if you'll be tweaking damage values. Personally I can't stand the default damage values on Master, I have to make it so the TTK is the same for myself and AI stalkers.
Also weapon choice depends on whether or not you use a weapon pack. With AO I like having an smg in the pistol slot and an AKM modded for firerate.
In the end it comes down to whether or not you want to carry around 4 different guns. I'd just stick with 2.

I need to try out weapon soup and steal guns from there but I have no idea how to get it working.

Someone please help me. It crashes on loading in a new game every time and there's so many folder redundancies idk what the fuck is the actual mod.

Cmon!

Spill te beans!

You're doing it wrong.

You are supposed to raid enemy factions, take the quests from the neutral military/freedom/merc/duty that will inevitably happen at some point and reignite the fires of war.

You have to use it with dynamic quests and overhauled faction relations as well.

>what you should be doing

>take a main quest and all the side quests
>see that there are outposts on the way to raid so you bring a well equipped warparty to come with you
>many a time a quest involves you going into hostile territory to speak to a trader or mechanic, making you stealth it, slowly rape entire factions, or build a warparty to run in, gun down the defenders, get the shit, and get out

>one of my sidequests on a main clear sky mission to get to the dushman was to help duty takeover the army warehouses

neither of those cause crashes, you're being a fucking retard.

That would mean that the player has to do everything, and that's silly. The factions should be perfectly capable of carrying out these attacks on their own.
Warfare kinda does that but warfare is buggy as fuck.

maybe make a restrictor for some factions for cease-fire then? like freedumb and doody have eternal war etc

Is there any way to make anomalies invisible in CoC? Trying to make this more like a freeplay AMK.

>Oh hey Warfare Updated
>Bar is a clusterfuck
>everyone is killing EVERYONE
>Everyone hates Loners
>bar is a clusterfuck since Loners will spawn right next to Duty

>And the man in the back said everyone attack
>And it turned into a ballroom blitz

They are doing things themselves however.

The whole thing is Dynamic factions, Overhauled factions, and dynamic quests. People declare war on each other at the drop of a hat when factions ceasefire and are neutral to each other. More military attacks on Clear sky from cordon, more loner and bandit attacks from and on the bridge and loner base.

It ends up being the village at the military warehouses from rostok but everywhere. All the little camps that used to be abandoned and just housed mutant spawns and loot are taken as staging points for future raids and the eventual collapse of a safe base. Follow NPC's that are just walking out of bases and you'll see a majority go directly into the danger zone.

You need to pair it with increased spawn times to get the fullest effect. Also you should fuck with the files so monolith and bandits become a true faction that can ally with others instead of being the designated bad guys.

>randomly make a truce with the military in the swamps while playing a CS character
>still walk by the fallen tree because lol mines
>military and their helo rape the mutants there and set up camp
>I take the mission from sid to kill the bandits at the car park and take Fanatic with me
>suddenly he takes off behind the hill to the former bloodsucker camp and opens fire
>every small camp around is controlled by the military
>all hell breaks loose when the bridge squad tries to move in to support and meets the bandits, calls the chopper there, and meets the stalkers from that area
>full scale war goes on until every area in cordon is under control of clear sky and the military by accident

Someone please respond.

if you know what you're doign you dont even need to have weapon soup running to take weapons from that.
but if you are trying to get it to run for whatever reason, i suggest using the patch it was made for.

i don't recall which. but i have some old patches floating around if you need them

I'll have to tool around with the spawn times then, since I have all three of them together. What spawn rates do you use? I typically set exclusion radius to 100 as well, since I don't like having pseudo-giants teleporting on me.

Anybody got a good faction_loadouts.ltx for STCOP/Itemsoup?

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/stcop-original-weapon-distribution

This is fine

Why is every enemy in STALKER a fucking bullet sponge

Because you have the most severe case of confirmation bias known to man

>enemies in stalker aren't bullet sponges
don't troll

not him but i just took out 6 bandits with a pm

git gud skrublord

>proud of killing guys wearing leather jackets

>everyone is a bullet sponge
>"b-but not THOSE guys xd"

ur gonna have to step it up son

Tarik what are you doing

aaand I can't get to my stash any more

The thing I don't understand with dynamic factions is why my personal relations seem to randomly sync or desync with my faction relations.

YOU CAN'T GO THERE

welp guess i live at the bar now

ded

Anyone else playing Call of Misery with the English Translation and Arsenal Overhaul? I think its freakin' amazing desu.

I was playing 1.0c a few weeks ago.

I'll probably skip 1.0d and wait for the eventual fork version, whenever that is finished...

AO looks like ass mang.
I'm waiting for STCOP to update.

>AO
too bad, mang. stcop doesn't have a translation yet. but yeah, it's pretty good. lacks some DEEP meaning though, just like CoC

Not him but I actually prefer AO to STCoP. More variety of weapons, less accurate, more recoil. That next update for STCoP looks like its gonna make it the top dog weapons mod though. Do we know how far away it is?

CoM is the closest to gaming perfection i have come across. There are a few things that annoy me, but overall it seems to be the perfect S.T.A.L.K.E.R experience to me. I see the zone as a being a miserable experience overall and trial and error seem to be your best teacher. I see the failures as an alternate timeline where you failed. I mean I have been trying to take the Depot in Garbage for almost an hour with a TOZ-34 with 20 shells, an AKS with 30 rounds, and a Makorav with 100 rounds. I know I will succeed, it will just take awhile. All else fails, I will leave and try again.

No idea m8

AFAIK the STCOP for 1.0c was never really finished.

AO is better than the default weapons, at least in my opinion.

Some year hopefully.

> less accurate, more recoil
not really relevant for CoM because you can enable yuuuge recoil in options

Agreed but it is definitly better than the basic weapons, even if its 50 of the same AK with slight variations.

Obsolutely agree. CoC/CoM kinda stratch that STALKER Itch, but not quite. I hope STALKER 2 will be what I'm hoping for.

Absolutelty. Thats been pretty much the only redeeming thing for AO for CoM to be honest.

autism

I agree though.

Lack of H&K 417 & Beowulf M4 makes me dislike STCoP, Since theyre such useful end game weapons.

Hello Stalkers,
I haven't played these games in a while, and I feel that the mod scene might have changed since the last time I played it. I want to play a mod for Shadow of Chernobyl that feels like an expanded version of the original game. What's the best mod for that? I was thinking about using Autumn Aurora 2, but I want to know what some of my other options are.

AMK AE brodie
The best of both worlds

AMK AE 1.4.1
JointPak2

Is there an AO for CoM 1.0d?

I'll take it over Memery's vanilla WW2 meme weapons.

No. The old version still works, but not only it fucks the new 1.0d balance, AO for CoM has fucked balanced by itself too.

If you havent played since CoC arrived try that with some mods,

Add AO or STCoP for weapons, Absolute structures & Abslolute Nature for better textures, Outfit Addon for more faction specific armor, Autumn winds or STWO for weather overhaul.

OGSE is good stuff for the most part

Thanks familia gonna do this

Not in the mood for a freeplay mod just yet, but I'm saving your post for me to try at some other time later.

My ONLY problem with them was there ammo. Shocking, I know, but I never seemed to be able to build up a stockpile
without breaking my bank.

Does Warfare change faction relations at all?

Yeah i agree, It was much easier to get ammo for the 417 since monolith dropped it sometimes, but Beowulf .50 ammo was incredibly rare dropped and costs a ridiculous amount from traders. But that max damage stat, that thing can 1 hit kill almost anything.

>Not in the mood for a freeplay mod just yet, but I'm saving your post for me to try at some other time later.

fair enough. You can get Doctor X's questline mod to give it a unique questline for every faction if you want more purpose than straight freeplay.

The other suggestions you got are good, only one I didnt see mentioned worth checking out is radiophobia.

Good hunting Stalker.

>I never seemed to be able to build up a stockpile
>without breaking my bank.

By endgame in CoC i was always rolling in money.

By earlygame in CoC anyone rolls in money.

stcop for 1.0d CoM is out: pastebin.com/SHQaBXHY

depends where you start. My first playthrough I started in Cordon & it took a while to get going. 2nd I started in Dead city & it took 2 seconds to get decent gear.

>yandex
>Download speed limited to 64 kbit/s.

>2017
>being this silly

top coc, I just downloaded it without this limit

yeah i'm getting like ~2mb/s
then why the fucke does it say that if it's not limiting the DL speed i wonder

Totally agree'd, the fact that it could 1-2 shot any stalker + the fact that it could 3-6 shot a pseudogiant makes it worthwhole in my book, i just didnt like the cost. I preferred AK ammo or something more common. I would rather use more ammo at a cheaper cost than use more money than the enemy is worth, but thats just me. I hate loosing money. I guess I'm autisic like that.

Again I agree, I just do not like to go under 1 million because I'm greedy like that.

Did we just fucking get a dream WP for CoM?
STCoP guns, but with Misery variations?

Is it a motherfucking ACE-23 from 2.9 which is not out yet?

>2.9 not out yet

funny

For CoC I mean.

In due time, don't'cha like waiting S.T.A.L.K.E.R? That's half the fun!!!

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\dialog_manager.script:76: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

stack trace:

Ok I need help.

I'm getting similar kind of error in every fucking mod I install to ShoC. Installed OGSE 0692 (and I fucking couldn't fuck up the installation of it) and got this error after loading up the game. What the fuck is happening guys? I can play vanilla, but once I install any kind o mod, I'm getting similar errors like that.

This is fucking it. All weapons have unique upgrades too. Rusty/old variations have the same trees, but some upgrades are locked. From Misery it has K-98, G43, Sako TRG and M24, but four latest are hidden and you can get them only through debug.
It's a brand new weapon pack based on STCoP.

is the eotech or kobra scopes blue?

EOT is still blue. Kobra is red.

>EOT is blue

yeah then it's probably based off stcop 2.9
there are no blue reticles in stcop 2.8

Scoped TOZ is here too.

Muh FNPs/FNXs.
FNX - alternate, custom and normal.
FNP - worn, custom and normal

outfit addon for com and for com+stcop:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9wc_uciQCKWYUJXS09jZ2Z3dWs
beware of vodka runes

midgame sure, I'd main an ak12 and an H&K416 for 5.45 & 5.56 since they are by far the most common ammo drops in the game. Later on I always go battle rifle 7.62 (417 or scar) & and and SVU for dat upgraded 6x scope and regular ammo drops. Late game when i have too much money beowulf +silencer + m203 because that thing rapes fucking everything.