Who would buy a brz/86 cucked 4 cylinder when the genesis exists and isn't cucked at 200hp?

who would buy a brz/86 cucked 4 cylinder when the genesis exists and isn't cucked at 200hp?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16089278/#16090431
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

people who read reviews

people who want good cars

>korean
Bad car. Many such cases!

>Koreashit

Not even once

pigfat

Idk much about the Genesis but when the brz's gained popularity I was going to go test drive one and was really interested in the car. Then I got talking to a dealership and found out it was a stock v4 with zero bigger engine options. I left without even getting in it.

why would you buy a shitty korean mustang?

>Buying a car that literally has penises on it

>someone literally thinks gook trash can even compete with the godmachine

aside from it knocking off the g37, the engine(s) offered are trash, the interior is worse than fisher price quality, the transmission is awful, the chassis is fucked, & the overall car is completely trash when compared to something like the 370z or toyobaru twins.

I drove a 3.8 Genesis before I bought my 86, and it was absolute trash. Yeah it had more power but that was literally the only thing about it that was better. It handled like a pig, the diff. felt like it was full of soup, it still felt sluggish as hell despite having more power, the interior looked kinda wonky, had extra gauges because Turbo, but neither of them were PSI or AFR which made no sense.

Ontop of all that it looks like shit, and Hyundai's build quality is horrific

>makes bait thread and samefags it hard
>that trip

why am I not surprised

Aftermarket, and really the resale on them. If 2013s are going for low 12's it should tell you enough about the quality of the car.

>but it's only half the MSRP!
These examples have 50-70k miles and are still going for less than higher mileage toyoburus, even accounting for how little resale value scion as a brand has

jesus rollerblading christ you're such a stupid nigger

i made this trip so dumb faggots such as yourself wouldn't accuse me of samefagging

lo & behold, dumb faggots will still accuse me of samefagging even though the general ((right)) opinion of the shitbox in the OP is a hunk of garbage

try to tone down your mental disabilities when you post, so next time no one has to deal with your incompetence

Seems like I struck a nerve

toyota knows the new 86 lookes ugly as shit so they limited it's 2017 production to 8600 units in the US

Say cuck some more you cucking cuckbag

Oh hey it's that guy that changes identities 10 times in a thread and claims that "someone was impersonating me" if accused of samefagging

Also, your "review" in that pic reads just like the one here which is quite amusing Shilling as always amirite?

You posted a worthless MeeM response so let me post mine as well

oh hey look, that was before i had my trip

then you fucking morons thought i was samefagging so i was forced to create it

here you go, i actually found that exact thread i created the trip in, & would you look at that, it's in a later post from the exact same thread you took a screenshot from

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16089278/#16090431

literally kill yourself you waste of oxygen

please support my waifu

Just because you created the trip it doesn't mean you stopped being a samefag idiot.

You even said yourself that it's not guaranteed that you'll use it. What a waste of oxygen

>tfw not samefagging & hold the superior opinion

>mommy mommy they're offending me on a ugandan knitting forum

I owned a Hyundai Genesis coupe, 2.0t with manual transmission.

I will never buy another Korean car. It was just shit. I try to give cars a chance and experience them myself, but Jesus christ I wish I had listened to literally everyone I knew.

>shitty curbweight
>shitty power delivery
>transmission was shit
>interior was shit
Everything was shithe!

I traded it as soon as I could for a MazdaSpeed3 (my first one). Never before had I gone from something so shitty to something so much better in every single aspect.

I've never owned a FRS/BRZ, but based on my experiences with the Genesis, I know almost anything will be a better option.

this is a direct quote from the image you linked

>inb4 other people share the same opinion & you think i'm turning trip off

>"""not going to use the trip""""

is apparently the same as

>other people will share the same opinion
>like in this thread holy shit wowee

the mental gymnastics that retards on this board use is incredible

You got me on one wrong guess go pop a champagne on that

Does every post you make have to have the words Korea shit and trash, and its combinations, in them?

So you got a new tool that gives you multiple IPs after all this time I used to point out the unique poster meter. Have fun with it, I guess, because it's not a reportable thing anyways.

Think what you want if you feel like paying several thousand more for an inferior K-shit car.

>he unironically still thinks i'm samefagging

the dude that posted above, with the 'freakin audi' trip has posted here longer than me if i recall correctly

are you just making autistic guesses & hoping one of them will have a chance of being right?

also, those same words are being used because those are accurate descriptors of a korean made car, it's not rocket surgery

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new '17 BRZ

convince me not to

Show me a 10 year old Korean car and I'll show you a tin can.

Do it user. You won't be disappointed.

If you don't get the Performance Package you are retarded though

>Doesn't research cars before checking them out
>Calls a boxer 4 a V4
How do I know you ride the bus?

Why do you spend so much time hating on a people? Even you said before it's not a car thing , you just personally hate le gooks.

Why do you always just go straight to "Korea shit" instead of talking about how bad the specific car is like a normal person?

Can you at least tell my what made you start your campaign? Is there a personal reason? Just tell me, please. I'll just leave you alone from now on seeing how persistent you are. You're just not going to stop.

>Performance Package
What's on the performance package?

go back to /b/

>modern Toyota design

an extra 100hp

>muh 6 cylinder
>muh standard brembos

oppas why wont you buy my cars ᵔᴥᵔ

i loathe when others (in this case the koreans) blatantly steal the designs & hard work of other brands to create success for themselves

i don't know why this is such a hard concept for those on Veeky Forums to understand

if the koreans created original cars with quality materials & solid performance i'd have literally no problem whatsoever

the actual car will probably look a lot better than that rendering

I hope no one would be dumb enough to buy an 86 now, when they have two years to save up for a supra which will probably be better in every way

Buy a old supra or mr2 or anything else rwd instead.

Modern cars suck.

Sigh. Are you going to tell me AGAIN that the Kia optima is stealing BMW designs just because the steering wheels are round?

We also had a lengthy talk about how every developing nation copies before, just like how Japan freely copied (or hired foreign designers/engineers) during the 1930-~1980 period? Did you forget that conversation too? We also enjoyed the irony of how China is now copying Korean cars and that's just the cycle of life?

You're not giving me real answers man. There must be a personal reason for your hatred. I just want to know. Something tells me you're not Japanese so it must be interesting.

Just stop replying to him. I learned a long time ago that guys like him just need to be ignored.

Post truthful and helpful tidbits of wisdom from your past, or just be honest about your opinion and move on.

Once you get tangled up in an argument with guys like him, it derails the thread.

Dude, you've had several people in this thread tell you from their own personal experiences why the car sucked. No one's conspiring to slander the quality of Korean cars. They suck. It's just what you get from a company that prefers style over substance.

I worked for a family of dealerships that owned a Kia and a Hyundai. I worked at Toyota, but we'd swap out service advisors from time to time when someone called out sick.

Korean cars are just poor quality in general. They constantly saw brand new cars with less than 10,000 miles having issues with blown turbos and transmissions.

yeah and cost 3x as much

they aren't comparable

that thing looks fucking disgusting. BRZ and FRS are breathtaking, that's a heap of shit.

Better shocks. Wider wheels. BBK.

dude i remember this discussion that ended up pretty much a /pol/ thread

>we had a lengthy talk about how developing nations imitate
you could make this argument for japan in the 30s-80s as you stated, because japan was indeed developing.

it's now the 21st century, aka 2000 + 17, & korea (well south korea anyways) is not still developing.
south korea is a first world country, & they have no excuse to steal from other successful brands.

just because hyundai + kia are new in the car world at this point in the 21st century doesn't give them any excuse to rip off designs.

look at tesla, they're a pretty new car company, but as much as i don't like them, the designs that tesla come up with can be considered original.

if south korea was a third world or communist country, then you'd be right, they would still be developing, & therefore have an excuse to mimic other brands.

>2016 z4 /w turbo i6 = $57k
>Lexus LC500 = $90k
>86 = $26k

It'll probably cost about double, similar in pricing to an M2.

Since it shares a platform with the new Z4 it will probably be priced similarly. A $40-$60k Supra also won't conflict with LC500 or 86 sales.

Why pay more when you're just going to replace all those parts anyway? Thought I'd like those wheels for winter duty.

But Korea started with nothing after the war from the 50's. The economy was lower than most sub-saharan African nations and we used to get UN food handouts from freaking Nigeria until the early 60's. There are no natural resources in the peninsula and most of the industry and its knowledge was in North Korea. Compared to a quick recovery from Japan, which was already modernized way before, our circumstances were much more dire. With a constant threat of annihilation from our northern neighbors, It's a miracle we even lived to become "developed"

We only started to get the ball rolling in the 1980's. We made it far and we're starting to gain more autonomy in carmaking. It's a process. Patience bro.

Well I said all I could say. I won't bother you from now on because it seems like we have irreconcilable differences. Still want your personal reasons but that's not necessary.

Literally every thing you can do yourself for less money.

Admittedly, some of your copying examples showed blatant copying, but many of your examples were also grasping-at-straws tier.

An aftermarket bbk is like 2k alone, which is the price of the PP.

You could get the PP and sell the parts for more than you paid. Besides, not everyone mods their brand new car right away.

Lol show me a quality bbk for front and rear for less than 2k. You dumb fuck.

you're right, every brand has to start somewhere, it just depends if they want to start building daihatsu tier shitboxes, or blatantly rebadged german luxury cars.

i'd have infinitely more respect if korea just created ugly shitboxes for their entrance into the automotive world & then advanced to quality built luxury & sports cars on a ~lexus tier in the next 10-50 years.

what initially sparked this korean auto hate for me was seeing the genesis logo for the first time, pic related

the fact that this logo was so obviously close to the bentley & aston martin logos made my blood boil

i searched around after i saw it, & barely anyone even noticed, i was mainly just seeing general praise for the koreans for this unoriginal logo

no one thought twice to say that hey, maybe what hyundai is doing is kinda fucked up, capitalizing on the image of other successful brands

in recent times, i've noticed this trend of imitation increase in korean automaking, & still, barely anyone notices that these successful brands are being imitated without credit given back where it's due, which just makes me more frustrated.

i genuinely don't have anything personal against the people of korea, just they way they create their cars is abysmal.

Yup the genesis logo is kinda tacky; I wished they changed it.

Let's not forget though that the "premium" trims of Hyundai were primarily made for the Korean market. Korea has a huge tariff on import cars (a Lexus sedan would at least cost $100k+ here), so most people here only gets a taste of luxury from what the domestic market offers.

That's why in the standard trims, there is noticeably starting to be LESS copying, but on the equus/Genesis brands, there is unrestricted copying to give the luxury "mercedes" feel. That's why I agree with you that the genesis interior just looks like a Mercedes.

You must be fun at parties

The winged badge in Bentley refers to their previous history as an aero company.

While the wings in Genesis are obviously biblical in nature.

>While the wings in Genesis are obviously biblical in nature

Is it? It's a bit of a stretch

Also, don't let Korea's MSRP fool you (which is already ~$15,000 higher than normal MSRP), for any import cars, you have to add a fuckhuge % of payment on tax and tariffs.

Wings are wings