What's the fastest way to downshift from 6th to 4th/3th gear in a manual car?

What's the fastest way to downshift from 6th to 4th/3th gear in a manual car?
I normally just
>hold throttle
>clutch in (while holding the throttle)
>select gear with proper rpm range
>clutch out
>WOT

>6th
I've never had one of those.

Skip a gear. Blip more to go from 6th to 4th, or blip it even more and go from 6th to 3rd

I still cant get skipping gears down smoothly on my bikes, likely because of dat sequential input.

>release throttle
>clutch in
>skip gears, shift directly into 3rd or 4th

No rules boy

Well is basically the same as going from 6th to 3th

>3th

What did OP mean by this?

6th skip 4th and 3th. Hit 2th, then upshift to 3th to bypass the flux bezel bar and downshift to 1th.

Just go from 6th to reverse and hit the gas to slow down really fast. It works likes a super brake.

You fuckin pussy. I go straight from 6th to 0nd and wot until my engine explodes and a piston ring gets lodged in my asshole.

>Clutch in
>take out of gear and blip gas to about what I think rpms will be
>should slide in to 4th/3th easy
>clutch out
>WOT

>be me famous youtuber
>decide I want to buy a muscle car
>realize I don't have enough money and have no self control
>beg my subscribers for donations
>get the money I need, buy a 4cyl turbo mustang "muscle car"
>go WOT in 6th gear to pass people on highway instead of downshifting
>black smoke billows out the back
>blow up engine
>realize it's not a muscle car, take it back to dealer
>get a mustang gt
>crash within 1st week of ownership

>Be a BMW owner
>Be rich
>Be a Manlet
>Be a dicklet
>Be unable to get pussy because of a severe case of autism
>After years of years of bodybuilding.com, become a true supreme gentleman
>Become an hero
>Go from 6th to 1st at 120mph while killing bitches and hoes

Shouldn't it be faster to just hold the throttle while doing all of that and going Wot once the clutch is out?
Blipping seems harder to calculate to get the right RPM

Really if I'm trying to do some maneuvers I just mash the peddle to the floor and let the rpms drop to something reasonable then dump the clutch and go wot. Also what do you mean hold the throttle? Sure the engine will go to the rpm that the speed dictates when you let the clutch out but it's not as smooth and puts more wear on the clutch because it's not spinning the same speed as the engine.

Something like
>Ease on the throttle a bit
>Clutch in
>Go from 6th to 4th while adjusting a steady RPM
>Clutch out (while holding the throttle)
>WOT

I've done it and the smoothness is beyond believe.

I always double clutch if I'm skipping gears for a smoother shift.

Does it really matter when you have synchromesh?

Granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should

Yeah, just hold the throttle. No point over complicating an otherwise fluid motion. If your shift is fast enough, you won't have time to release then decompress the throttle pedal.

that sucks

easiest way is to blip throttle and go 6th-4th
>inb4 he doesn't know how to blip

When you do it perfectly you can just slot the stick into the position you want with no resistance since it doesn't need to bring the shaft and the gear to the same speed through friction. It's definitely not necessary but it's fun and better for your transmission.

>having a flux bezel bar
Nigger you gotta go bar-less and just get the direct flux shitter. Let's you skip gears when upshifting too and you can install it yourself with a diagonal rod adapter and some plyers.

This. Normally a rolling wheel has more grip than a slipping wheel but when you go reverse fast enough the slipping wheel generates enough friction to move the earth backwards.

>not having a flux bezel bar
come back when you finally figured out what im talking about kiddo, this is what grown ups use to drive fast, i bet you don't even heel'n'toe motherfucker

Well some aren't richfags. I bet you drive triple stick and falafel bushings too.

falafel bushings? what is this 1999?
start uing dreidel shrubberies man, they ain't that expensive, fuck, get a job NEET.

>he doesn't drive triple stick
Fucking poorfags.

>clutch in
>rev it/move into gear
>clutch out
not that hard.

>Clutch in
>Neutral
>Release clutch
>Clutch in
>Rev match
>Select 3rd

That's the way to do it properly, you can ignore the neutral+double clutch as long as your clutch and syncros are gud

lightning rods aren't too expensive right? like 300 dollars used. bout to ge dat

>sacrificing significant amount of ride comfort for that little bit of efficiency
Jeez, you might as well go for the cast iron spinners and lock-ups if you're all about stiffness, faggot. And yes, my car is from 1999. We used proper suspension propellants back then, when safety didn't dictate how a car should be made. Now you need to have airbag-airbags and roll-bombs on even the smallest grocery getters.

Wtf is WOT

>Bait car
>Pulls shifter down into drive
>Doesn't stay in drive
>WTF is this shit?
>Put shifter in 1st
>Car doesn't go
>MY MIND IS FULL OF FUCK

this is the problem with you edgy american highschoolers fucking up my board, LURK MORE FAGGOT

Wide open throttle

Enjoy spinning out

>6th to 5th
>5th to 4th
>4th to 3rd

It's not hard OP, maybe I've been spoiled by my 8200 RPM fuel cutoff but I've never in normal driving been in a situation where I couldn't immediately drop a gear with no adverse effects.

>never 'blip' because i'm not on a racing track or a racing driver
>use engine braking
>brakes last longer
>???
>profit

thanks for your time

If you're going from overdrive at like 1-2k and want to shift down to 3rd, just blip the engine up to 5ishk and downshift

>tfw only blip because I like the sound of the engine

>never blip
>engine braking

Nigga that's clutch braking.

No, I mean, I've never had a car with more than 5 forward gears.

i do both, but with clutch braking i use the brakes at the same time

I never get tired of this webm

Clutch in and blip throttle at the same time, shift into desired gear, let clutch out

You take the gear stick, push it into 4th, release the clutch, then press it again and put it in 3rd
Seriously what the fuck are you even asking, stop trying to overcomplicate trivial things to pretend to be le ebin race driver.
It's a matter of moving a stick and pressing a pedal, how fast that happens depends entirely on how fast you are with your legs and arms.

It's not rocket surgery Jesus Christ