Whats your opinion of the Pontiac Firebird 2000? thinking about purchasing one

whats your opinion of the Pontiac Firebird 2000? thinking about purchasing one..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d3waURejK-Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I never personally owned one, but it certainly makes me look at it when I see one on the road. Cool lil cars imo.

Don't get one without the LS1. Try to get a ws6. Engine and trans tends to hold up well but everything else tends to have small issues, especially the interior. Check that thing for rust too.

>ugly as sin
>pigfat can't turn
>unreliable shitheap

I have a 96 WS6 and honestly love it, handling isn't anything to write home about but its solid and even the LT1 has plenty of power, but id recommend the LS1 of the 98+. reliability and mileage are the same as any other old muscle car

If your thinking of buying the one in the picture i say go for it, thats a clean T-top

T. Busrider

ugly as sin
pigfat can't turn
unreliable shitheap

So perfectly right it had to be said again.

I have one(3.8, v6). If I had to sum it up I would say it is reliable, nice looking, comfy, gets good gas mileage, and is easy to work on if you ever have to. Downside is poor visibility, turns like a boat, v6 gets 5 speed(not 6 speed), and you have to watch scraping your front bumper. If you want performance or a 6 speed look for a Trans Am.

I wish they were better looking as they are dirt cheap even here in Europe, cheaper than third gens while being more powerful.

T. Busrider

So perfectly right it had to be said again.

ugly as sin
pigfat can't turn
unreliable shitheap

exactly what I was going to say so I will just copy it too

might be ugly to some, but not pigfat and can turn. Also reliable.

mine weighs 3300 which is pretty light compared to new shit. I had a miata as well and sold it because the fbody handled better. it transitions slower than a miata but it holds on the cloverleaf at a higher speed.

I just cammed my fbod. its ridiculous. Why dont people cam everything? its literally the coolest shit ever. At the drag strip you see all these turbo cars and mustangs with their hoods popped between runs to keep them cool. Im just running my car non stop all night without taking breaks lol no problems.

lol

as someone who has driven a Fbody of this generation

they handle like ass

you apparently think road holding = handling

the cars are garbage

I have a '99 Camaro Z28, bought mine late December. In the time I've had it, I've been forced to replace:
>Oil and filter (maintainence items)
>Two light bulbs
So unreliable!

If they're turboed they're probably running an assload of hp.

Buddy of mine a WS6. Fun car.

Not sure what the market is like on these, but if you can spend a little more, go for that instead.

Got a Ws6, not as good as the old package in the seventies but is is reliable fast and cheap. Perfect car for strait line racing.

Is that a haiku?

>you apparently think road holding = handling
>Grip isn't a large component of handling ability
If you want an F-body to handle better you'll need to stiffen the back a bit and different gear ratios in the steering rack so it's more responsive.
And put wider section wheels and tires on. C5Z wheels are a start.

Still, a C5 vette IS a better starting point if you want a handling machine. The Vette is a sports car, the F-body is a muscle car.

punch in the face ugly.

It is a fat pig
So ugly there is no hope
Rather poke eyes out

Fun,reliable, and cheap to mod with huge aftermarket.

p gross looking

Really only true with the LS1 edition (so the 2000 will work), a V6 of the same era has a terrible aftermarket unless you only want cosmetic upgrades.

Get the Formula, all of the power with none of the breakable electronics. The V6 is not worth it really, get a light Honda or a different car, unless you find a really great deal and can't pass it up. Make sure the shocks are in good shape, the front bumper and air dam isn't beat to shit and that the rear bumper's paint isn't too bad on the corners behind the wheels and above the exhaust as those wear first if neglected.

They'll run forever, especially with the 3800 and LS1 engines, because both of those have a huge amount of replacement parts if something goes wrong. Intake and Exhaust Manifold Gaskets wear like no other though, so be prepared for that.

>there are """people""" who buy and drive v6 firebirds

Yes, 98-02 are the ones to get. If shocks and springs are stock I would change those first before anything. GM put crap shocks on them.

If you like that body style, go for it. It's beautifully aerodynamic and there are plenty of aftermarket parts to bring it up to whatever level of performance you want over time. I think it's hilarious that shitty, unreliable platforms like Jeep have all the love and the only thing that makes them fun is aftermarket parts. If I were you I'd rather trick out an old '79 or, if I had the money, buy a more modern Camaro, like a 2011, and covert it to a Pontiac Trans Am thru aftermarket parts...

looks absolutely rubbish famalam

>lil

Values are going up, if you can find a nice one for a decent price they're not a bad buy right now.

That said they're fun cars. My only big complaint is the shit interior quality but it's to be expected for a 90's/early 2000's GM.

3.8 are good daily drivers but ideally get an LS1. Aftermarket, more reliable, and just as good gas mileage practically.

Firebird and trans am are valid for collector plates now so insurance is $18/yr, drove up their values a fuck ton.

3.8L V6 is kinda tolerable with the 5spd but the car is not fun to drive with 225hp, doing any mods is completely pointless, it turns like shit but it's slower than any V6 accord in every way and the accord turns. It's a car you drive for looks or t-tops. Getting a fixed roof v6 is suffering.

There's been one a Camaro SS converted to trans am at the local Chevy dealership listed on their site as a "2012 Pontiac trans am Camaro SS" for $57000.

It's been there for like 2 years they haven't sold it.

>for $57000.
Geez. There's your problem. I think the idea presented was to by a CAMARO and over time, convert it.

Well seeing as we're on the topic of 90's-00's gm cars, what does Veeky Forums think of the impala ss? I've been thinking of getting one since they're fairly cheap the only problem is that I live in South FL so most of them probably have rust or have been beat to shit by some cuban spic drug dealer

youtube.com/watch?v=d3waURejK-Q

All the fun of a muscle car, in a smooth looking sedan that can carry all your friends, they are a pretty good deal if you can reason with the price

theyre slow as fuck not particularly comfortable and drive like boats

I thought they were kinda fast, you know, LT1 or whatever.

Being a boat isn't bad at all

they weigh over 4000 lbs and make all of 260 hp

even the fwd V6 Impala SSs are better when it comes to performance

and yeah I guess boats are nice if youre a senior citizen

>260hp
>what is H/C/I?
>what is procharger/nitrous?
It's really not that hard to beef up an lt1, a cold air intake alone is already an extra 15hp (it's not much but it's a start). Granted doing the whole aftermarket H/C/I upgrade is somewhat expensive, that shouldn't be a problem seeing as impalas are dirt cheap nowadays and if you're willing to go that extra mile then yes you might need to dig deep for a supercharger/procharger or nitrous kit but then again it's still a land barge and driving it in the city along with veeate mpg is going to be a nightmare if you have a minimum wage job.

Just don't get the one with the v6
>implying those are even running anymore

I'd buy a 3.8 if I wanted to build a chumpcar or Lemons racer.

They're pretty cool. Just make sure a white guy owned it.