Why would anyone buy an A4 or A6 when pic related exists?

Why would anyone buy an A4 or A6 when pic related exists?

because they are not a poorfag buying an entry level 20 year old sedan like you are

But it's literally the same thing
You're just paying for 4 rings on the front and back

nah m80 that ain't true, audi is bought by assholes thats why people here hate them, not because they are shit cars.

Any well-optioned model with quattro is a decent fucking vehicle, overpriced? probably, like all of them, but a POS? no, thats bmw.

Because an A4 B5 is cheaper than a similar Passat B5

>mfw i will never own a w8 passat

Assuming you're a fan of bizzare engine configurations, get a V5 Passat. They can be found pretty cheap

VW did some batshit things in the early 2000s.

A4 b5.5 reporting in, Passats are more expensive, but then again I have the 2.4 L v6.

Okay, now I'm curious. This started out as a thinly veiled shitposting thread, but why would the VW be cheaper than the equivalent Audi?

Besides the badge, AWD is standard on the Audis

And by that I mean why wouldn't* it be cheaper, fuck.

Don't know, I live in Australia and recently bought my b5 Audi, I had a choice between a b5 passat wagon and an a4 sedan. Passat Wagon was more expensive and in worse condition so ended up with the Audi.

Sometimes the free market can be hard to explain.

AWD is not really standard, that's only Quattro. Everything else is FWD.

>v5
wut

Yep.

I'd rather a V10 diesel Phaeton. Decent ones start at £4.5k

How about a D2 A8 for around 1.5k?

V5 ≠ VR5

Had a Golf MK4 with the 170hp VR5. Never had a problem with it.
The sound of that thing was amazing

That looks unbalanced as fuck

supply and demand, there you go. a passat is also roomier and a tad more modern regarding the rear axle.

moreover in germany passats besides being younger actually had more equipment as standard like manual a/c and electric windows in the front.
sadly the well equipped A4s and A4 quattros were abused by east germans and other smut so you're ending up with a bottom trim A4 driven by an old retiree if you want something that won't have little gremlins bugging you.

I once owned one of these with a V6 and manual trans. it was pretty torquey, but you could clearly feel that it was being held back by its weight. it also burned oil like crazy (with only 125k miles, what the fuck)

flaws aside it was pretty darn comfy, I comfortably bung quite a few girls in its leather backseat and I even slept in it twice

unfortunately, it died when I got crashed by some chick who just got her license. I then decided to give up on the german reliability meme and bought a lexus from around the same time. I still miss that old passat sometimes, though