Did people treat similar disasters to WTC in the past with the whole "never forget" kind of stuff?

Did people treat similar disasters to WTC in the past with the whole "never forget" kind of stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>disaster

1204 never forget the brutal sacking of Constantinople by the Eternal Latin.

America loves lamenting its black eyes. Before 9/11 it was Pearl Harbor, before Pearl Harbor it was The Alamo.

>Amerifats

saved

The Hindenburg
Chernobyl
The Holocaust

I have never heard of Hindenburg or Chernobyl never forget. Hindenburg was probably terrifying at the time, but how long did that last? Chernobyl is mostly just a case for anti-nuclear people.

It's been fifteen years since 9/11 and there's no sign of it letting up.

And yes, Holocaust has been going for almost 80 years now but I'm not going to touch it.

>It's been fifteen years since 9/11 and there's no sign of it letting up.
People didn't stop talking about 'never forget' Pearl Harbor until 9/11, and that was decades ago.

Pretty much this.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO

Don't forget the Maine.

Kuwabara, kuwabara.

Maine was an inside job.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

it's been fifteen years

lighten up

Has anyone totaled the number of suspected false flags that have gone down in history? It has really altered my view of pop history.

It doesn't even have to be a false flag. You dangle appetising bait in front of your future enemy and dare them to take it. Its how USA entered both World Wars and the war on terror. Pearl Harbor was empty of all the important ships for a reason.

Terrorism is such overhyped shit.
Only idiots get their panties in a twist because of it.

>I have never heard of Hindenburg or Chernobyl never forget. Hindenburg was probably terrifying at the time, but how long did that last? Chernobyl is mostly just a case for anti-nuclear people.

this desu
hiendenburg and chernobyl are known mostly for their historical impact, much like the titanic. numerous lives were lost in that event, yet very few people are able to sympathize with the victims (albeit the titanic was a natural disaster, im sure you get the gist of what im trying to say)

>And yes, Holocaust has been going for almost 80 years now but I'm not going to touch it.

the Holocaust encompassed numerous groups of people, from different cultural, racial, and ethnical backgrounds. it was an ongoing genocide that affected nations, it's easy to understand why it may hold more significance than an attack on one single country that resulted in ~3k losses

also, I pretty much answered your question, OP. 3,000 losses is a lot.

The Alamo took place during a war, and while Pearl Harbor and the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings were disastrous, those too occurred during a war.

9/11 happened during a time of peace for the U.S., which is why it's so remembered by the western world.

The Alamo

Maine was a convenient accident.

A bunch of Murrican sailors had an accident with a boiler of the protected cruiser and it blew up.

The real travesty was that the warhawks in America, particularly expansionists and businessmen w/ trade interests in the Caribbean -and later on, quite conveniently, the Philippines- shilled it out as a Spanish attack on the US.

dude it was a planned controlled demolition of 3 steel skyscrapers and some insurance fraud that justified a bit of resource grabbing abroard. it really wasnt a significant even at all. im not sure anything americas ever done short of maybe the atomic bombs on civilian populations has really been as relevent as "people" would have believe. usa was an effecient operation in human farming, monsanto, banking, ignorance of the masses - mind control. and im not talking jerk off sitting in a couch working 9-5 im talking their fucking military their political their atheletes their intellectuals, all of it. just a bloated tick on the continent it inhabits.

go invade siberia or something

neither of these were actual attacks, the incidents and the deaths/injury caused were due to mistakes rather than malevolence

u wot