Check engine light has been on for 7 months

>check engine light has been on for 7 months

I am screwed aren't i

no
CEL can come on by some irrelevant shit like a faulty sensor, bad spark plugs etc.

My Service Engine Soon light goes on and off intermittently. Take it to Autozone and they might be able to tell you what your computer thinks is wrong.

>pic related

if it's a volkswagen that's the way it's supposed to be

no worries mate

My check engine light has been on since I bought it in Dec of 2015. If its an older car its probably just something with the computer

>CEL on for 7 months
>still don't know the code
why even bother driving?

What car? Looks cool as fuck.

Depends. I have a CEL on in my '06 Subaru XT and have had it for over 1.5 years now. I periodically check the codes to make sure it's still the same thing, and nothing new.
It's only on because of some air pump that helps with the AC starting off immediately cool, and since I don't use AC I have no reason to spend the 700 to get the part from Subaru right now. I have smog coming up in about six months so I'll do it before then.
What he said. You should definitely know what it is at least before doing something like I am and driving around with it for near 2 years.

92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

its when the cel ISNT on that you should be worried

>CEL light on for a week
>faulty sensor, replace it
>a day later it's back
>lambda sensor needs replacing
>fast forward 5 months
>every sensor brand spanking new
>CEL light comes on

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

that was a 1998 BMW 540i. great fun to drive but fuck me in the ass was it a pain to keep running. ended up ignoring the CEL until the transmission imploded one day.

And this is why I'm too poor for a BMW fampai

Mine has been on for like 3 years because of the new exhaust, I'm surprised it hasn't gone out yet.

Go to autozone and get cucked and have another man pull codes on your car, You can let him fuck your wife too after he resets it.

giving a fuck about CEL in a 20 yo beamer, why

My EGR valve has been stuck open for 2 years. My inspection sticker is from January 2015.

I know some of you guys have gotten me beat.

every german car i've ever owned has had an issue with a sensor at some point in it's life

but I never fucking learn and i'm probably buying german again next

>I will never have a car this comfy

Why live

My check engine light has been on for like 7 years. It's an o2 sensor, and I don't have emissions where I live. So I haven't bothered.

When both of my o2 sensors went out my car idled really rough and stalled sometimes. Also lost power braking sometimes.

Don't have that problem on mine. It runs just fine.

2002 Silverado 4.3 225k miles on it.

it can put the transmission into safe mode, making it shitty to drive, even if there's nothing mechanically wrong

I bought mine for a grand. Took another to get it running right. They're pretty cheap to buy on Craigslist.