/rsg/ - Runescape General

Previous thread: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)
Official Discord: discord.me/rsg
Alt backup: discord.gg/ESRMXBE

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/valentines-event-2017?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,393,65874955

>February 2017: The Month Ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=xhf7hbr6gV8

>Mining and Smithing dev diary
youtube.com/watch?v=cLRKSM3nnGU

>120 Slayer Dev Diary
youtube.com/watch?v=KxkAzoWfxwA

Other urls found in this thread:

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape:Grand_Exchange_Market_Watch/Alchemy
clips.twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the Temmie fan club!

what does the creature from undertale have to do with Runescape

>This was within 10 seconds.

holy dead

why is dungeoneering so boring?

Because you aren't good at it.

What should I prioritize after getting all t70 sets and chaotics? Do I go for Nex armor, t90 power armor, t85 or t90 weapons, or wait and hope t92 devalues things?

>still playing this shit

LMAO

t85 first, then save up for shit like curses and overloads

>forgot to mention specifically gwd2 t85s
Use an attuned crystal orb for mage offhand if you've 90 smithing, else a virtus book

Do this: but prioritise 95 prayer/herblore
Only t85s I'd consider are lance and twin fury blades because the lance is a huge upgrade to anything that requires you to melee, especially if you are killing multiple enemies at a time. Fury blades are even cheaper drygore weapons if you desperately need a t85 weapon set

Are there certain bosses that are the best for money with t85s?

I'm honestly not an expert on medium-tier bossing but I can imagine Vindicta, Armadyl and QBD all being decent sources of dosh
Don't forget minor dailies like buying broad arrowheads/runes from shops, herb runs etc. They really add up in the long run.

Okay thank you.

Which style is best for PvM? What about Slayer?

Depends on what you're fighting for both, but halbard melee is pretty strong for slayer.

obviously depends on the monster you're talking about.

Ranged.

Halberd. All else is /trash/-tier.

What's the best Halberd that's not Nox?

Drider Lance.

nox > dragon rider lance > attuned crystal halbard > crystal halbard >dragon halbard > rune halbard, etc.

can someone explain drygores

ages ago someone came up with mainhand mace offhand rapier as best but the example was always because of their weapon speed, but abilities go off at the same inervals no matter the weapon type/speed so I don't get it

now I hear there's no difference but there's a 200+ damage difference between mace and rapier/long wouldn't that factor in even if it's a very slight difference in power?

Thanks anons.

Apparently abilities factor in speed somehow or something
Regardless, drypoors are trash, get scythe

Post clue scroll results whenever you get one to keep the thread alive.

Drygores are best single target damage (+scythe switch for quake debuffing)
Scythe is best aoe damage

have both tho just never understood drygores

you should skip chaotics except for the staff

Which necklaces are worth using? Amulet of souls seems like overkill for slayer. Blood necklace seems to lower food requirement and has a cheaper repair. What else is there?

demonhorn my dude

zealots or demonhorn if you don't care about efficiency

dragon rider

How is amulet of souls overkill? SS is really nice for some tasks.
Anyway,
Demonhorn, zealots, one of those dg amulets for a certain style + blood shard.

>demonhorn
I have 55 dungeoneering. I plan to use that at some point with the bone crusher, but that's not until far in the future.

I just spent all my tokens on a scroll of cleansing.

>far in the future
Get the dragon tooth or twisted bird skull and bonecrusher then. Bonecrusher is probably the only other really good drop cleaner from dg.

That actually looks good. Amulet of fury with 2 less combat stats, but a lot more prayer. I have a fuck load of questing to do though.

Over 5 mil recharge cost, for the amulet alone.

>he can't afford a 5m repair pill
wow.. you're one of *those* guys.

he probably doesnt even have chimp

dragon rider is only good if you're maging

Yea, I'm a normal guy that actually has a life and can't afford to spend 5 million internet coins to recharge a necklace. A necklace shouldn't be 50% of my operating cost.

Nope.

Why is that?

He means it boost the damage done by the dragon breath ability.

>high alched santa hat at 120m and quit
>it's at 280m

Ah, thanks.

amulet of souls is endgame gear which you obviously shouldn't have bought judging by your posts

I'll never understand why some people seem to assume high alch has any connection to market value.

It sort of sets the market floor

Judging by my own posts, I'd say it seems like I never bought it.

Items do occasionally fall through that "floor" though.

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape:Grand_Exchange_Market_Watch/Alchemy

good then there's no reason to complain

Hence the sort of, there are a whole fuckload of factors involved beyond just that.
They tend fluctuate around that though.

not by much otherwise people would start alching them for profit and create demand

It truly amazes me that in 2017 there are still people like you that worry about upkeep costs

Your kind have existed since Barrows, but why? I don't understand, do you think you have to pay 5m like once a day? you should realize the 2.5m per 50% is as you said.. once you've used 50% of it's charge, that lasts a shit-ton of time annon, fuck me it's not like 10% an hour

Back in 06 stupid people refused to touch barrows (and even to this day with Nex gear) because of the 2(?)m repair per main piece, but gear lasts a colossal fucktime, you'll far surpass upkeeps if you're using them for the intended purpose: bossing

>amulet of zealots
I didn't know this existed. Should I use this and leech ranged at QBD if I have dbane, rcb, and overload? I don't have 92 prayer.

Regardless of the floor, what's the highest alch value, 750k? Any remotely popular item is better to sell than to alch.

My Guthans lasted like 2 days worth of slaying back then.

You should work on your reading comprehension.

That's exactly what that list was created for.

They're usually the same kind of people that I (also) don't understand still exist: Plebeians living every day of their subscription in immense poverty
I'm not talking about people who don't bother getting beyond 95 prayer or herblore because "it costs money" but those who feel they need financial counselling every time they consider buying a godsword worth 1M. Half of those players pay for their subscription using real money while the other half struggles to earn 12-15m every 2 weeks in order to renew their sub even though it literally takes like 15 minutes of activity once per day to ensure you end up with millions of dosh. I seriously can't fathom how people are able to play like that, nor can I understand how they are stuck in such a predicament. Whenever you try to help them or give them advice you usually just get the 'lol i have a life and cant play this game all day' excuse

post bank presets

yeah no shit

I change my presets more or less every week and to be honest I'd buy another 5 slots if I had the chance

Did I accidentally stumble into /rs07g/? Since when did this thread's userbase become such elistist assholes who literally cannot fathom the possibility that some people haven't played the game as much as them, or as much per day?

Knowing how to do simple budgeting and math isn't elitist.
Anti-degrade people are just so strange, especially in the [current year]

It's just simple math mate

better gear -> faster kills -> higher profit -> repair shit and repeat

imagine doing fucking telos in mystic robes as wondering why you haven't made bank, but oh shit did we sure save money on gear, letting us use more rocktails!

shit did I say rocktails I meant monkfish because healing more costs more!

it happens when you have a bunch of players that are maxed, have been maxed since 2012, and just sit around doing nothing all day with max cash piles wondering why they have no friends, and also wondering why everyone else (who started playing way after they did, or dont play 10+ hours a day) aren't as well off as them in a browser based mmo.

They're just people who look like pic related. It's the only way for them to feel important.

Overloads

Then spend a few weeks grinding money spider to upgrade everything else.

literally just buy good gear and learn to boss, upkeep isnt hard you shitters lmao, get 99 smith if you wanna decrease costs

no one cares, autistic undertale sperg

Reaper necklace for dps roles at high defence bosses and airut tasks

Amulet of souls for base tank roles and high enrage telos

Amulet of zealots for all trash slayer mobs and low level bosses where you have 100% accuracy (abyssal demons, dark beasts, QBD, etc)

>A flame will never be a star no matter how bright it burns

if you're gonna continue to be a shitter in 2017 then you're even more irrelevant than I am at this point

>16 year old kid self-deprecating ironically

I want to mine your boyore qt.

what?

0w0

It's unfortunate but the reality is, everyone that isn't good will always see better players as elites dicks and call them no life lonely virgins

There are friendly elitists, understand the game doesn't mean being a dick, we try to inform and teach but the outcome is always the same as that movie Idiocracy.

Try to understand watching someone be bad and not taking advise to issues that is very clear is like watching (the vast majority of the game) pic related and then blame "elitists" for having Jagex tune most updates to endgame content

If you wear non degrading crap, you get absolute crap back

If you wear powerful armour and pay a very small fee, you will get shit-tons of gold back

>Now, I'm no botanist, but I do know that if you put water on plants, they grow.

to be fair not all nondegrade armor is awful, atleast for slayer, but nondegrade weps are terribad

My staff of light is great for slayer.

I just checked the wiki and did the math. At worst, if you use a full Barrows set in intense combat, and you only ever use Bob to fix your armor (rather than a POH stand), you would need just under 60k an hour for maintenance costs. Though a more reasonable estimate would be closer to 20k per hour.

Bob costs : 990k for a full set
Barrows lasts 100k charges
100k charges is at worst 16.7 hours of combat, but around 55.6 on average.

So assuming you use other armour, this should still be a close estimate.

What barrows armor should I get, user-kun?

Verac's brassard. Only.

no it is not, unless you're training invention with it

you keep believing that

my problem with so called "elitists" "maxfags" whatever you call em, is that they hardly ever give actual advise.

for example, someone will ask about making good gp/h or someone will gripe about a boss and ask for help, and about 99% of the time the only responses they'll get are
">not making 20m a day"
">not getting 30+ kph on qbd"

i mean a lot of things that high level players use on a regular basis are fairly hidden and not something very easily found, such as the daily gp resales (staves, runes, etc)

this kinda stuff isn't easy for newer players to find, but to a veteran its backhand knowledge and is seen as completely otherworldly that someone doesn't know every knook and cranny

>Nex: AOD prayers will no longer be overhead prayers

>Raid pets drop rates are 1/300, threshold of 60

What

Confirmed by Shauny on the patch preview stream

clips.twitch dot tv/runescape/ImpossibleFrogDatSheffy

panic buy codex

codex is already up 200m, too late my dude

>GuaranteedPetScape

I've never wanted someone to kill themselves as much as I want you to.

Don't listen to that rude guy!

whys that lole

>got 95 herblore to make combo potions with god banner boost
>about to make potion
>have to buy recipie from lady in Priff
>don't have Priff

>having 95 herb
>but no priff
Lmao no quest shitter.