/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got by that by the hair on their sack:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Reminder

Nth for Gravelord is Bestlord

ripostan

>no-go
Each DLC has an area specifically intended for multiplayer co-op. They are optional, and are all cancer incarnate. Only Eleum Loyce's is arguably worth the effort for the greatsword that swings like a straight sword and the fashion ring. Provided you like taking giant electric horsecock up the ass all day every day, that is. Sunken City's "co-op challenge" area deserves a special mention for having a gorrilian poison statues in one room spitting at you, except instead of poison they inflict curse, and also the boss is literally a gank squad. I can't emphasize that "literally" enough. Yes, there are curse statues in the boss room.

Iron Keep is awful, but the DLC behind it is easily worth the effort.

Shit Souls 3
Memehackazaki

Nito is the raddest fucking guy

Witch of Izalith is best lord because she and her daughters are cute

Can we report him for posting this off-topic shit in every fucking thread?

lewd

Are the Pontiff eye rings worth anything? The Left one seems practicaly useless, with how many presumably uninterrupted hits it requites you to have before the effect starts.

>off-topic
I have made one post, other than this one, and it is on topic.

Just a reminder that Lucinigger is a confirmed pedophile on /g/

Yeah I really liked CoTIK.

>curse statues

What, is it a new SoTFS torture? I don't remember this being on vanilla.

Witch and Gravelord desperately need more love.
The games haven't been kind to them at all.

It stacks with Kirk armor. And the number of attacks required differs between weapons.

Just go off-hand OWCS, Pontiff Left, Pontiff Right, Carthus Beacon, and Kirk armor.

Is sl78 okay or too high for an aldrichfag?
Please bless me with a (You) on this one.

It's literally spam, if we all report it will get taken care of.

So I want to cosplay as Firekeeper. What build should I go?

It stacks with FUCKING WHAT?!

You can't use her head gear sadly, but Pyromancer would be the most obvious choice.

You'll just get banned for abusing the report function again.

Full healslut, zero offense.

>keep seeing developer message signs with 9999 ratings in Firelink
do you think they're testing the DLC?

Put on her dress plus Lorian's crown and beat people to death with a torch

>You can't use her head gear sadly, but Pyromancer would be the most obvious choice.
Nonsense, Firekeepers tend to the flame, they don't throw them at people

Left eye takes 6-ish hits to trigger the first stage and heal you for 30hp. You then have a 1 second window to get another six hits in to activate the second stage, which fully restores your hp constantly until it drops back down to stage zero which takes one second unless you can keep getting six hits every second. The only consistent way to hit stage two and keep it there is by using a twin weapon against two or more enemies, that I know of. This is easiest to do in the Deacons boss fight.

Right Eye takes 2-4-ish hits to reach stage one, which gives you a 7.5% damage boost on weapons and another 2-4-ish hits to reach stage two for another 7.5% boost (total of 15%). Second stage is way easier to reach than Left Eye's and lasts longer.

Old Wolf Curved Sword has similar effects, except its left eye effect heals 120 HP on the first stage and has no second stage that I know of. Carthus Beacon is like the Right Eye except its first stage is active automatically and you hit the second stage after the first 2-4 attacks (no third stage).

Heals only.
DPS from summoned phantoms.

Could be something.

Dragonsucker's Greatdildo is a must

Lorian's Crown, Firekeeper set, Firelink Greatsword

>you're just made
What a fucking retard that fuckwit is.

Sunken City challenge area. I remember it because they killed the CE wizard who cheated their way into it early. They made themselves invincible to fully explore it, and I remember them dying at the exact moment when I asked "wait, doesn't curse still kill invincible cheaters?".

You read that right. Rolling into an enemy with Kirk armor will proc the effect.

too high

how much did you upgrade your weapon?

just got bloodborne. i'm new to these kinds of games, is there a specific weapon comboo I should choose that's easier for bad players?

I chose the axe and blunderbuss and i'm wondering if the pistol and cleaver would have been better

>y-you'll get banned for reporting bannable posts
Oh boy, look at the faggot squirm.

Estus is basically liquid fire, and they give that shit out like candy. Tossing a bit of it around isn't going to hurt anything, unless you want it too.

u made
:)

Fuck off to Bloodborne general.

MOMMY ROSARIA

In the grand scheme of things, neither of them seemed to amount to much themselves. THe Lost Sinner was implied that she tried to do the same thing she did, and the Old Chaos was a big deal in the Ivory King DLC, and in DS3 you're seeing the last embers of it as it dies out, but the Witch herself ended up being a gross bug. Nito seems content to just sleep eternity away in his coffin because why should he build a kingdom like Gwyn or the Witch because everyone dies. I think that's what they were trying to do with the Milfanito and Agdayne, trying to give Nito a civilization to call his own because he had the barest of bone (kek) in terms of actual content in the first game.

Meanwhile Seath the Bitch somehow manages to persist through the three games in some form or another.

I don't know anything about 3's stats, since the dump stats seem to change with every game. What stats are worth leveling first, and when should I bother stopping?

No, that's just cheaters fucking with the numbers on messages.

Ask in

I didn't yet I'm just planning on things.
If I'm not mistaken I can invade all the way down to sl70, is that really too high for anor londo?
What's a more preferable range then?

why the fuck have bloodborne in the OP then?

This is the easiest for PvE, and is very new player friendly.

Faggots being faggots. They have their own general.

dex/fth or str/fth?

Because people keep forgetting to delete it. /dsg/ is not for bloodborne like /tesg/ isn't for ESO

Holy fucking shit, BUFF MORNE'S AR ALREADY. ITS COMPLETELY OUTCLASSED BY NEARLY EVERY OTHER GREATHAMMER

>b-but the WA!
its fucking worthless against anyone with half a brain

Just ignore the shit posters. The are PC only and are still mad that they can never play the best game in the series since DaS1.

Talking about BB in this thread is perfectly fine. That's why it is in the OP.

Did anybody save that Crimson Bat boss video and can upload it on mixtape.moe or something ?

speaking of great hammers. Is there literally any reason to use one other than Vordt's ?

Isn't it meant to be a gankspank weapon?
>its fucking worthless against anyone with half a brain
Good thing most soulsfag have even less I guess.

Great club is the only decent one.

Great Club is the highest damaging, best moveset, and lightest greathammer
>From Balance

you'll want to be able to hit people who are only 50

it's not nice to tell lies user

That small-ass, pathetic fucking endurance bar is probably the worst thing in Dark Souls 3. That and the character kicking when you don't want her to.

Anyway, I finally beat all of the bosses in this shit. What do I do now?

>Isn't it meant to be a gankspank weapon?

No. PvP is an afterthought rememeber? It is the highest stat requirement weapon in the game including STR, FAI, and the VIT necessary to wield, while having mediocre damage and a whooping 2 use of the WA (because you'll have no points left over ATT).

>using an ultra weapon with no poise

what are you doing user?

First time demon's souls guy here(again)

Is Flamelurker supposed to be the "get good at rolling or die trying" boss?

I love big weapons, started as knight, level 25, 20 str, rest pretty much in vit/end, crushing claymore +2 long sword +4, got soul arrows too.

Obviously he is weak(er) to magic than anything else I've tried. The problems begin when he drops down to something like below 20% hp I think?

He then apparently needs to go SANIC at that point. The only option feels like to cheese with soul arrows and even then I get raped because rolling feels inconsistent at best. I try to spring away also, but the sudden FPS spikes fuck me up so often.

Died to him like 10 times. Is this simply a matter of git gud? I've also explored a bit of tower of latria, but flamelurker is the farthest boss I have gotten to so far.
Really enjoying the game apart from him raping me and the constant FPS drops.

You can defend yourself pretty well without relying entirely on rolling if you go find the purple flame shield.

Being awesome.

REPLAYING DS3 FOR THE SECOND TIME AFTER CLEARING THE GAME ON 1.05

PLEASE GIVE PROTIPS

I'm planing to go full STR now, but I heard poised is fucked.

I don't have the full video but here's the Demon Prince phase.

Is there a general for ESO?

>Is Flamelurker supposed to be the "get good at rolling or die trying" boss?
Flamelurker is the "get good at stamina management or die trying" boss. Rolling is only necessary if you don't have the Purple Flame Shield that was guarded by the red and blue dragons before the Phalanx/Lead Demon boss in 1-1. If the dragons haven't fucked off yet, just shoot them with arrows until they do and loot everything in that pile of corpses.

2 str away from that, got it already.

But you have to be fucking kidding me if you tell me that shield is good against him? Because what I've learned from ds 1/2/3, it seems like the last thing you wanna do against him is blocking.

I know his attack patterns pretty well now so I suppose I'll give it a shot.

Anyone play these games with keyboard and trackball? Is it doable?

PFS or Brushwood shield will negate his attacks, more or less, and a buffed winged spear or the istarelle will fuck him up.

But he was considered the git gud or get out boss of the game.

It is fucked, go pyro.

>I'm planing to go full STR now, but I heard poised is fucked.

It's not. Get a big sword/hammer and armor.

It's pretty damn good, maybe not 100% trivialize tier but using that shield will probably help you out a lot if his big fire explosions are giving you trouble.

Actually, greatshields are really fucking good in Demon's Souls. They're like castle walls you hold in front of you.

I was mostly interetsed in the boss music, but thanks anyway.

>be either overleveled or do shit damage

FUCK YOU KALAMEET, LOWER YOUR FUCKING TAIL

i swear to christ, cutting the tail is 10x harder than actually killing him, he's shit compared to Sinh.

Be prepared to invest endless amounts of souls into leveling equip load.
Also if you're going full STR you might as well get a greatshield too.
Also, Black Knight weapons are absolutely wonderful.

????

My weaponfu is greataxe, did I fuck up?

weapon tier list request 3

Are you good?

If yes then no.

Poise makes your hyperarmor harder to break. It doesn't extend hyperarmor frames or anything, just increases what you need to break them. Hyperarmor is also generally good enough on its own to not really need poise unless you're looking to outtrade specific weapons.

Greataxe is best axe.

It doesn't seem like a such an overwhelmingly better option.
I'm crunching up the numbers right now and it seems a 2handed heavy great club at 66str only out-damages 50/30 mornes by 29 points of damage.
Am I missing out something? How much damage does the WA give you?

Having tails that are a bitch to cut off seems to be a thing Everlasting Dragons are fond of.
To this day I'm convinced no one has actually died to Seath in a clean fight, and all deaths are a result of trying to get the Moonlight Greatsword while playing ring around the rosie with him.

I haven't used it personally, but I hear it's quite viable

You can't wield 30+ poise armor and giant weapons without heavily sacrificing in other areas

Well it's about time.

poise is fine, only works with weapons that actually need it. Poise now reduces the amount of poise damage you take so you won't get stunned out of your attacks with heavy weapons. Most of the time you're fine with little poise against most weapons/enemies but getting poise is helpful in a lot of situations so don't ignore it. Strength in it's entirety is great. Keep an eye out for the butchers knife, it's a cool weapon with lots of range. Or for something heavier you should use the great club. Great damage/str scaling for it's low weight as an ultra. Zweihander is also a good choice. Don't forget to infuse weapons with heavy gems for more str scaling. Lastly, if you have the dlc the millwood battleaxe is so good it's broken with it's amount of damage and str scaling.

I do fine with lothric greatsword and silver knight armor(except for the cathedral helmet) at SL 90

The heavy great club can be buffed, its R2 is an amazing roll catcher, and I believe it weighs half as much as Morne's allowing you to wear better poise armor.

I did. still interested?

>To this day I'm convinced no one has actually died to Seath in a clean fight

I fought Seath like five times, and every time I died to him was because I was trying to get his tail, but when I did manage to finally get it I basically just got in his stomach and swung away. It was real easy.

Actually, the first time I died to him, it wasn't actually because he killed him, but because one of those clam followed me into the boss room before the fog went up.

Do you really need poise for a greathammer?
I have almost and seem to be able to still r1 r1 trade even with greataxes.

Stop posting this here.

Of course, kind user.

I've only posted that once, cunt.

Don't worry, he's just mad he has to go through Earthen Peak one more time whether he's going to play DaS2 or not.

Will the 2nd dlc redeem everything the base game and the first dlc did wrong?

No.

What's the deal with Priscilla's tower in painted world in DaS3? I see a couple blood stains which show people fighting but there's nothing here.