I don't much care if I live or die, and I have about 2500 dollars to put into another vehicle...

I don't much care if I live or die, and I have about 2500 dollars to put into another vehicle. Would a motorcycle be a good move for me?

I don't have my bike license and have never been on a motorcycle before.

>I don't much care if I live or die
Go for it. I'd love to buy a bike but I'm too afraid of killing myself (on behalf of people who care about me) or injuring myself enough to ruin my quality of life.

>talk about motorcycles
>"omg user ur gun kill urself haha!"

to this day nothing triggers me more than a person saying you will kill yourself if you drive a motorcycle

yes, absolutely. motorcycles are not difficult at all to learn, cheap to buy and maintain, sure you have to pay a bit for gear but they're not as bad as most people make them out to be.
if you live in the US take your MSF and see if you like bikes. then when you want to buy one get a 250cc bike (if you like "sport bikes" get a cbr250r or a ninja 250, if you like cruisers get a rebel/nighthawk 250)
bikes are great, you won't regret getting one user

I mean it's like a bicycle but put an engine on it. What could go wrong?

this desu, i daily a "sport" bike (cbr500r) and this is one of the many things that i fucking hate about peoples' perceptions of bikes.

Yes, I went for a ride today and some bitch in a minivan pulled out in front of me and cut me off I locked up the rear and skidded right by her. Happens like every day.

1) you probably will die
2) it's a great way to die as it's really really fun. Chances are you'll enjoy taking trips to places and riding on nice roads and after a while probably won't even want to die, as that will be inconvenient for future rides.

He doesn't care about crashing and dying risks why the fuck would he get a 250 that's some meme tier shit. Tap on your stomachs a little bit until your balls drop and get a 600 to learn on it will only go as fast as you tell it to go and you won't want to sell it a few months later

jesus fucking christ minivan drivers are the worst (well that and SUV moms). i took a ride to LA a few days ago, was lanesplitting and this fuckwit in an old toyota sienna opens up her door (she could CLEARLY see me) in bad traffic. fuck them

eh, to each their own. initially i didn't read that very first part so if he wants to turn into calamari that's up to him. 600s are pretty nice tho i'm not gonna lie, i wanna get a gixxer soon (600 or 750) but my cbr500r is all i have rn

Get one brah they are a blast

t. stacy
Sent from iPhone

Used CBR and Ninja 250's are in demand. You can probably get a used 600 for close to the same price if you shop around.

i am going to run you over if i catch whoever made this post

Tell me more about how literally nobody makes mistakes and that you can control the actions of other drivers. The lengths you squids go to to feed your denial is ridiculous

Haha yes.
>t. cousin died getting ran over by a oldfart at a stop sign because she "didn't see her on the motorcycle"

>being too pussy to punch death in the dick

Shouldn't you be shitting up the /dbt/ with your bad advice?

Pretty suire there's a you shaped hole there for you.

don't let the world scare you
might as well just cocoon in a nuclear bunker safe from the world being mean

It's not about being a pussy it's about odds and timing. Happens all the time all the gear Allan strapped head to toe in leather race gear always travels the speed limit and gets clipped at 30mph by minivan Martha and gets tossed and killed. Meanwhile chad thundercock is on his way to your sisters house right now wearing gym shorts a tank top and flip flops and he will arrive unscathed.

Seek help.

>bad advice
Bad advice is getting a motorcycle in the first place. I bet you're European. It is funny it is always the ones who bitch and moan about gear and safety and which bike is best to start on who have never actually ridden or owned a super sport bike.

>b-b-but I hear they will make you crash
Anybody on any motorcycle can get run over in a split second. It's a chance we all take. Telling someone to ride anything but the bike they want to ride is bad advice.

It goes without saying if you're a new rider and you're hopping on a super sport fucking take it easy for the first few thousand miles. Just because you didn't die on day one doesn't mean you should start trying to wheelie that goes without saying for any bike.

Anyways enjoy your perfect meme starter bike that you don't even really like but got out of fear when a bunch of people on the internet told you that you aren't able to handle the one you wanted.

He's 100% right though.
I'm and used to ride too. Gave up on it after that happened.

Not my fault the world shits on you.

Won't be my fault when the world decides to shit on you either.

It already did, but I'm not giving up that easily.

>haha, not dead yet, might as well keep going
Congratulations on being more hard-headed than me.

Just don't give up and follow your dreams. Simplest advice anyone can get but not everyone can tough it out. The world is not such a scary place as everyone makes it out to be.

Cheap to maintain my ass. Half a season, two oil changes at about 60 a piece. New rear and front tire and I need another new rear now and I need a valve adjustment.

> Waiting in the median to make a left turn into the gas station. SUV dones not see bike with rider on it with both feet on the ground. Pulls half way out into traffic and suddnely sees a bike in his way. Traffic coming down on him from his left. He floors it and broadsides me on a stationary bike. Batted across 2 lanes of traffic and land next to a tree.

Shoulder surgery. +40k in my pocket.

Do it yerself. A filter for a BMW is < $10 and Rotella is < $25 for 5 qts... Drain plug on the bottom and the filer is on the side. Simple.

>jesus fucking christ minivan drivers are the worst (well that and SUV moms).
Fucking this

>whines about people thinking it's dangerous
>brags about it being dangerous
??
I'm aware it's not as dangerous as people make it out to be, but I'd rather wait until my parents die first just incase

it's cheap if you have a garage