/twg/ - Total War General

FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

NECESSARY Mod Packs
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005554297/myworkshopfiles/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese–Mamluk_naval_war
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR THE EMPIRE

Gobbos are for soaking, screening, and eating

Hello

Third for glory days are back again.

reminder that this weapon won WW2

Why do you guys hate radious so much? He has been making consistently great mods since the Shogun 2 days. His mods are THE most popular mods for total war games on the entire workshop - because he gives the community quality mods that they enjoy. His mods make the game fun and enjoyable for countless subscribers, and yet all /twg/ does is shit on him with memes. I bet that if you just tried my mods once you wouldn't be so quick to trash them - they give great unit diversity and allow for the large scale battles that total war players crave

Dead men tell no tales, user.

Oh, I forgot.

Total Warhammer is currently TWELVE(12) Freedombux through the Humble Monthly service on HumbleBundle.

What the fuck is a sigmarite hero? A Warrior Priest?
Knights of the Blazing Sun aren't very good.(Relatively speaking.)

Stack weapon damage on Karl and a couple of Empire Captains on pegasus and try to assassinate the enemy general at all costs.
Abuse the broken lore of life to keep your army in it as long as possible.

Don't use missile units in general unless you can deal with six to eighteen zombie units appearing on top of them. (Though you can have an artillery firebase separate from the main fight with sniping great cannons if you want to try, the defence you leave with it obviously weakens your main line though, obviously).

>wood elves start gassing other factions instead of cleaning up the beastmen
Fucking elves.

Clearly the beastmen seduced them with big fat mino cock.

Stop namefagging

I just slap it on for pertinence to the OP my dude.

Reminder that Nagash was Weak

True that
Nazis need not apply

Nagash was a fool!

>WW2
>any side 'winning'

t. butthurt kraut with shitty equipment

How is ww2 even Total War related?

fuck off /pol/

>tfw True Siege of Karak Kadrin(for campaign) doesn't work with SFO

well it might be total war one day. It'd be shit but plenty have a hard on for it. Also as an apolitical event WWII was a humanitarian disaster and was quickly followed by catastrophes in China, Russia and so on.

Without WW2 there would be no Total War.

Have to wait years for a proper Chaos experience with WoC maintaining Fortresses, seizing artifacts and monoliths leading to campaign bonuses. Actually getting the Tribes to do something. Maybe one day.

Bridge, the map. Even less impressive than the cookie cutter. Bridge leading to underground cookie cutter would be alright but that map is really bad.

Actually never mind it was the beastmen ambush map mod that prevented it from working

>Bridge, the map. Even less impressive than the cookie cutter. Bridge leading to underground cookie cutter would be alright but that map is really bad.

Yeah it is not super interesting, but I wanted to try it out for campaign. Not sure if I will do better with the new map though. Rip cannon towers.

>chaos wastes
never ever

So they are totally going to fill in those super obvious blank "shit will go here some day" spots to the bottom and right of the Warhammer campaign map, right

I'm still not convinced at all that they will ever add the new world

>Settra's revenge
What did Settra even do in the Sea of Chaos?

Oh here we go again.
Possibly to some degree.
The fact that there is featureless land there indicates nothing. It is just there because they can't otherwise cut off the map because the camera would see an empty void otherwise.

Chaos graverobbers.

>Rip canon towers
Oh yay the map is far more interesting but now I lose a large chunk of defensive advantage thus not being too helpful (Talabheim) or I have a defensive advantage by the map literally being an uninteresting choke point that is way to damn long but is a decent fap session while the enemy takes 10 minutes walking across a bridge (Kadrin)

If this leads to sieges with both interesting maps and a defensive advantage, and a control point or 3, then life's good but in the meantime I don't think these are going to markedly improve campaign experience.

If they are throwing in chaos stunties of all factions they can at least make the great north great again and give chaos something fun to do outside burning and murdering. Let Beastmen erect Herdstones and special places in the woods and not at burnt cities, you know where Herdstones exist and we can sacrifice favor to make them special.

I think the naval difficulties are a setback and I think they are only just realising how the 'jigsaw expansions' is going to be difficult to work. The warhammer world is a bit of an 'all or nothing' because the lore tries to facilitate almost any eventuality so players of any faction had reasons to be somewhere doing something.

There is only so much noise you can put on the map with relevance to only two or fewer factions before it starts to become an extravagant mess.

sure it's fantasy but ancient Egypt never had vessels that would be capable of crossing open ocean especially in northern climates. Those famous barges were mostly river goers and maybe in the deeper parts of the Nile estuaries. TK shisp are probably magic bone ships with untiring undead oarsmen but naval tech is often forgotten.

Fucking Nazi fag, gas yourself plz.

Total war was a thing at least since the peloponnesian war

Got some screens.

>sure it's fantasy but
There you go
It is fantasy, there is no but

I was about to make this exact post

There are living Skeletons they could walk on the sea floor if they wanted

What a good start

Please add thousands of maps to the campaign as if they were procedurally generated.
Thank you.

A nice shot of this beautiful map

We had forts back in the day. Whats to stop Beastmen making Herdstones in the Drakwald or up in that mountainous forest in Estallia. Then you can't even burn the elf stuff for Herdstones which their stuff is in the middle of the thickest forest in the world. Beastmen aren't far off from being as boring if not for their stances. Imagine Herdstones and Chaos portals housing your infrastructure while the hordes be hordes. Chaos has places to control and has turf to be invested in, same with Beastmen.

There is a reason those campaigns suck despite really fun rosters. These ideas wouldn't crowd the map either. Beastmen would want to hide that shit in the woods and the Chaos structures are far away from the crowded map filled with things restricted to a couple races already.

So did all that black on Darrens map mean that the same battle maps were cycled for that area?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese–Mamluk_naval_war

engine restrictions

Is FotE still only half finished?

I want to try it again.

>There are living Skeletons they could walk on the sea floor if they wanted

Holy shit, that would be an awesome naval replacement for TK.

>Mamulks

dude that is 16th century

16th century BC duh

Please stop

It's uses map seeds or whatever. Procedurally generated maps, but they will stay there so can you fight at the same location with the same battle map more than once. You can see this with the first battle you fight in any campaign(e.g Empire).

But what about the Sea People

STOP

alright lads lets talk about this

where did they come from? i think mars

>cannonball clips an entire line of bloodknights, turning them all to expensive lawn fertilizer

the best feeling, 1 shot 9 kills.

They're ancient Americans if you ask me.

This is just as boring as river crossing battles or rome 2 fort battles(except I am losing this time of course).

I believe they were literal sea peoples as in they live below the ocean and can breathe underwater

>tfw no warhammer movie
>we got warcraft instead which is fucking shit

They are not mutually exclusive.
They would both be trash.

Sniped Manny, here comes Daddy.

What would be a good warhammer movie plot? Gotrek and Felix? Some silly game of thrones intrigue stuff in the Empire? With more monsters that is.

How would that even work?

There is no human element in Warhammer, noboy that's not just going WARWARWAR all the time

Would you make it a Starship Troopers type thing where it's about a group of soldiers?

>that blob

shame you don't have the skyhammer

I don't know its not like I am a programmer.

But the Attila-style of hordes just kind of suck being implemented in Warhammer. Shit takes ages to develop a new army into anything cohesive and competent, you will never have anything to care about besides your petty 3-4 armies max, then when you get there, nothing to do. You are better off going into custom battles and randomly generating battles for a campaign experience. And as you might guess I'm a chaos fan, did all the chaos achievements but I really don't have any reason to play them again outside of getting a few new units from time to time. Ditto with Beastmen.

Well that was awful. Gonna do that siege again with walls and cannon towers later.

Only had a newly confederated garrison.

>Saving Private Ryan-esque film that follows a group of empire state troopers

fund it

>stunties can't even hold one bridge

This is why you get wiped out by literal rats.

I found Beastmen way more fun than Chaos. I could actually play them more than once.

I'm about to fuck horses in Attila (FotE)

Do I fuck with the Alans or the Huns?

>Really wounded garrison
>against 4 vampire LLs
>Fucked up Manny and his army

Good enough.

>Movie set in Bretonnia
>Protagonists are all peasants

Guys help, i'm starting to think that razagor chariots are actually really good.

>losing
>OCH, THA'S GUD ENUFF, LADS, LET'S GO GET DRUNK A' SIT ON OUR ARSES WHILE THA RATS AND WEE GOBBOS TAKE ALL OUR LANDS

literally you, stunty.

You are beyond help.

>protagonist try leave their village for adventure, get hanged for desertion by the new protagonist knight who then drinks wine and jousts for the rest of the movie.
>ends with a cliffhanger where he gets the grail vision.

they are

HAVFOLKENE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUT RÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆ

I just think they are a really important part of the beastmen's roster.

As small as it is, I don't think you can afford to just ignore so many of their units.

Also, they look really good compared to the ork boar chariots

This propganda has been brought to you by the High Elves.

Chariots can do some serious damage after one of the newer patches. They require a lot of micro which still makes them less viable in mp though

Even degenerate knife ears can be right some of the time.

>high elves
>dark elves

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who dont play on legendary

>Battle realism camera.
No thanks.

Has 1212 A.D. mod for Attila gotten a campaign?

>savescumming

no worries, right after Ancient Empires

*record scratch*

It was just a test.

>Savescumming with excuses.

Holy shit Glenn died.

What difficulty do you guys play on Warham?

VH/N.

who?

>you're probably wondering how I got into this situation

Why are you using a necromancer?

Guess I'll wait for Med3 instead.

>Guess I'll wait for Med3 instead

user...

Is the steam edition of Rome II really worth $60?

Pure joy

Guess I'll just wait for Bretonnia instead then.