ITT: Post your vehicle's engine bay

>ITT: Post your vehicle's engine bay

I'll start

Muh WAT engineering intake installed. Gained 50hp

CJ7

not sure what to do with this engine though, the car its in is a shitbox and doesnt even run anymore because muh chrysler wiring

fuck is with the duct tape

F150

mine is there because the rubber that keeps the hose from rubbing the fan cowl is gone, and the tape protects the hose instead now.
close its an f-250

Nope, '87 Wrangler with Howell TBI Kit. The stock carb was just awful and wouldn't pass emissions here in California

you left a rag bro

I really need to take a wirebrush or something to that crusty firewall one weekend.

also need to learn to resize my photos god damn.

I fuck with this

Your header is on backward homie

Neon?

Nah, it's a turbo header, that's normal, gonna be similar to pic

Fuck is this? Hella cute

don't be a retard "homie" clearly that thing is going to get a sicccc trubo

oh man it looks so comfortable in there. My B230 has over 320k on it though so it deserves to stay in there for now just to see how long she will go for.

Mine had 470k on it when I pulled it, you might not ever blow it up lol

240z with mikuni carbs

Where's the engine

Looks sick my dude

That's a sick a sick build though Is it a sedan or wagon? I havent posted on here in a awhile how many other 240 owners are there here?

porsche bro

Yiff in hell

This is what my engine bay would look like if it was clean.

I've cleaned it up a lot more since. Wrapped all of the wires, repainted the block, wiped down everything, etc.

Give me a quick rundown on that exhaust manifold.

Thanks senpai

>all that effort for a single cam

Gotta clean it up soon

400?

it's a 244, there are a few 240 owners here senpai we'll see if more pop up

Shit. That's what I thought but it looked kind small

What car?

plymouth breeze EXPRESSO

because that means its hell luxurious rite

car was pretty damn quick when it ran though

Porsche 924S

kek

What a very nice contribution to this thread

Some fucker took half of my cuck mobiles air intake

Honda gaaaaaang

Sweet turbo on top bro.

IMPRESSIVELY CLEAN

Mmmmm... plastic...

somewhat cramped in there.

why did they cram a tiny intercooler up top, which would make working on the vehicle more difficult, raise the center of gravity and limit upgradablility when they could have put it in the front bumper which would allow it to be larger, easier to work on the engine and facilitate upgrades?

because theres space there? just transmission

yeah but can you address my initial questions?
Would it not make more sense to put it in front of the engine instead of on top?
Just because there's space there doesn't mean it's a good idea

how else would they justify that S I C C hood scoop?
use yer head

Nice chocolate milk

Mazda Protégé.

Not being a Subaru engineer I can't say for sure why they did it. It's true that the space was there, and you can't just move stuff back in the car because of the transaxle. Putting the intercooler in front would make the car a bit longer and add more weight in front of the front wheels, not just the intercooler but the piping from the exhaust and intake etc. It's also a more vulnerable position for the intercooler considering the turbo configuration was done with rallying in mind. I have seen plenty of these cars converted to FMIC and it doesn't seem to do them too much harm though.

In the end it's probably a combination of brand identity, holdovers from their racing past, and ease of assembly (the front subframe, engine, transmission, front axles etc all drop out from below with only a handful of things needed to be disconnected- in the factory they can build all that up outside the car with plenty of space and just drop the body on top of it, something like six bolts and you're just about set).

It is a pain in the ass to work on when you have to remove the intercooler to get to stuff, and it's not the easiest to reattach the y pipe underneath the intercooler. You also pretty much have to remove either the air filter box or the battery and wiper fluid to access the plugs, and valve covers can't really be pulled with the engine in the car. But beyond that it's not too bad. I'm sure the Subaru techs have lots of tricks for getting to things with minimal effort.

>CJ7
>nope 87 wrangler
user missed by like 1/2 a year.

Helps me go fast

Good reply senpai, with those positives in mind tho I still think a FMIC would be ideal especially considering the car isn't a race car but a street car with race car aspects, the top mounted intercooler being one of those aspects I believe should have been done away with.
I say this only because after working on a forester with no intercooler, and struggling so hard with it, had there been an intercooler I would have been even more pissed.

Top mount keeps the radiator cooler, since it's not obstructed by a front mount. Mounting it on top also means there's less particulates possibly suffocating it when it's on dirt, gravel, snow, or mud, as well as less chance of it being jammed in and damaging the engine in event of a crash.

How do you like it so far? Has it been reliable? I've test driven one and thought it was great fun, but I keep worrying about the reputation.

What's the block?

sweet ef mang. i got a 88 sedan

Hnng yes

needs an actual coolant overflow (using a gatorade bottle rn) and something to hold the intake up a little

>needs an actual coolant overflow (using a gatorade bottle rn) and something to hold the intake up a little

What about this?

how do i clean an engine bay safetly? im scared to break my super old/cracky vacuum tubes

Do you have any more pics? Like around the carb? Got a 80' cj5 and trying to fix the vacuum lines.

>im scared to break my super old/cracky vacuum tubes
replace them, then go wild with your cleaner of choice

Cops took my car away for street racing. Get it back in 90 days

LM7, dead ass stock 'cept the standalone wiring harness and trimmed intake.

volvo consuming its daily quart of oil

I'm scared of this happening to me. Is there a particular reason you got caught? How long did you manage to get away with it?

>meme

sup volvo bro

mmmmm

Is that a carburetor?

last one i took i think

If you want cheap turbo power, D-series is the way to go. Forged piston/rod combos are dirt cheap, imported low milage JDM engines are cheap, they're really light, and did I mention cheap? The stock transmissions are fairly weak but ZC transmissions bolt right up, are much stronger, and are fairly cheap as well.

Dirty 240

Only found one, user. Post some pics of your cj5. I'm torn whether I should by a Scrambler or a cj5