/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB43)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?28179

>Datamine (OB43)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-43-datamining-lawman-barrier-tank-and-talents/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paladins.guru/profile/pc/AugustVoile/matches
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bracing for MDF

I want Maeve to purr into my ears!

Third for Ying is the cutest!

Invite a friend and play Torvald + Barik.

Shuts down any fucking Maeve piece of shit so easily. I am in the same boat man until i started playing that combination with my buddy it was fucking awful, even thinking of uninstalling the game, now maeve is a free kill everytime i see her.

Rush nimble on the Torvald so you can chase the piece of shti Maeves and if they have the audacity to try to 1 v 1 you in a closed room they're dead.

No she doesn't. Not in a practical sense. I guess if it was a race, Evie would win, but in a fight Maeve just gets around better. Evie can't go back to fighting on a dime after Soar like Maeve can after prowl. Not to mention being able to do both her mobility moves twice without cooldown.

Barik alone is already annoying against flank, that tag game around the shield while being shot is not fun at all.

Post more Maeve shitting strategies, not theoretical ones like cripple throw her with grover!! because Grover does not get guaranteed hits on Maeve and even if Grover gets the cripple Maeve is still fast as fuck.

Basically champ cores that shit on Maeve while remaining good for the team.

The blink is a much better mobility tool than the pounce, it takes you out of the enemy FOV, can pass through people and has a lot more range, she also gains a massive damage boost after using it, Evie can teleport behind any squishie 2 shot him and blink back without incurring into any real danger, her soar is also much faster than Maeve's running speed.

Maeves pounce is a mobility tool but its also an important part of her attack, she can't use it to get above a target to disorient him or to disappear instantly after a Makoa hook.

come up with them yourself you idiot
it's not hard, almost anything that slows her down or forces her out of position works

being good at the game is a good one

Play Androxus and hit every shot on her.

Being a decent Pip player.

I can bet anything that you all suck dick, i've played with people from this general before and i always end up carrying them, its the same story on every general really, talk a lot on the general but when it comes to proving your skill in game you guys just fall short so stop shitters.

hey, you're the one having so much trouble with a character that only has 1,8k hp so much that you come to the general asking for help.
I highly doubt you're 1/10 as good as you say you are.

1 v 1 me shitter

You honestly sound like those shitter engie mains from tf2 who had the audacity to try to talk about class balance when the game played for them.

post username

>asking for a 1v1 in a team-based game

so you truly ARE a shitter

>he's complaining about engie now
this is sad

>thinks its complaining about engie

ITs pointing out that the ones who play the least skill classes are the ones who think they can talk about balance.

Also its crystal clear you all instalock Maeve and get angry whenever someone says anything about that fucking stupid champion.

I'm gonna enjoy those tears when she gets nerfed to oblivion.

>the Engie takes the least skill
>while the Pyro exists

even then "we"'ll enjoy the tears of people like you who are so bad they can't kill one specific champion.
I bet you play Kinessa...

I can kill Maeve with her counters that doesn't mean its not near impossible to do with a lot of champions.

Xth for TERRA'S DONKEY DICK

Also KINESSA'S ABS

>shooting her is near impossible

I've discovered an annoying combo recently. you need Barik's healing station, forged alloy, and one man's scrap cards. this makes it so that they take constant damage from the turrets and if they destroy them you get a small sustain heal and if they leave them be you still get heals. it works on any flank really but the low health high mobility ones especially.

>thinks that when people complain about maeve they're complaining about every single shitter who picks her

No you stupid fuck a Maeve in the right hands is too OP, OF COURSE YOU CAN SHOOT HER but if the guy is good he can often win 1 v 2s with ease because the character lets him do it.

but that applies to literally every single character in the game, especially flankers and DDs.

okay, maybe not Grohk or Skye.

Did they nerf Resilience so it has not effect on Pip's ult too?

Nah other characters are easier to hit thus can't win fights against multiple opponents as easily as Maeve.

No, if your team is so shit they can't deal with one person while they are together, then it's not a fault in the character.

It's in your team.

>t. nervous Maeve instalocker who prays for her to not get nerfed

She can burst most squishys in 1 combo, then reset her cooldowns and get away or try again.

t.

vent

just had a great fucking game where i carried the shit out of my team
3/4 3/4 and in the final fight, we were close to winning, it fucking crashes
not my game, the fucking server
doesn't show in my history nor paladins guru
no mvp, no points, no finish to a great game

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

how often does this happen? first for me

>beta-blockers

Yeah save it moron, its getting nerfed no matter how much you morons who pick her try to pass her off as she being the weakest champion of all and that is super easy to kill. OMG JUST SHOOT HER! pff fucking moron.

>so fucking mad you can't even try to formulate an argument

get better.

Argument against what? Silly shitposts such as omg shoot her! deserve nothing more than insults.

Its very transparent that you pick her and want her to stay the same forever but i hope you realize its gonna get nerfed very soon and this is a fact of life.

It's also a very transparent fact of life of how much you lack skill.

she's good enough to force the other team to change their default

that sound OP

but you can kill here, there are many ways to deal with here without great aim
cauterize
hook / vine
any stun etc.

They really need to add server browser so the first 1 v 1 mods are made to settle these arguments in game.

POST YOUR IGN YOU FAGGOT. BEFORE YOU BITCH ANYMORE I WANT TO SEE YOUR MATCH HISTORY.

>still attempting to create reason for 1v1 in a team-based game

Yeah, they need to do that so they keep people like out of our matches.

No wonder you're having so much trouble with Maeve, you think it's only (You) in the team.

Its the best way to shut someone like you up, when they tell you you lack skill or aim just 1 v 1 them and prove your aim is better than them so your opinion is more valid and then the whole general laughs at the loser.

>server browser
>1v1 matches

Go back to Call of Duty you massive faggot

This website is for 18 years old people and above, kitten.

i'm GE in csgo m8
know very little about this game, but i'll take my chances

if the lawman is a generic cowboy then hirez needs a new design team
they cant make skins nor characters

tf2 had MGE (1 v 1 mod) i would 20-4- 20-0 a lot of shit talkers like you in that general back when i played that game.

once or twice

Wow it's getting hot in here

TF2 is a different game with an extremely different TTK.

You know what else is extremely different?
You.
You giant prima autismo.

over how many h / games?

Please start posting after you turn 18 years old

Go shit talk people on Xbox Live or something

>telling people to shoot at her is shitposting

This game has huge hitboxes and literally highlights player models for you. Sorry that you are so new to first person shooting type games that you still struggle to click on a character in the lowest health bracket several times and lose fights with a character that has less burst than flanks that were already in the game.

what sort of intelligent discourse do you think there is to be had about it? you're too bad at the game to kill her before she kills you which implies that you just want people to bitch and complain with you.

If you were as talented a player as you say you are, you would just shoot her several times and move on like the other high skill players. but instead you make ironic shitposts where your complaints have no quantifiable metric.

TL;DR: you're basically just a whiny little bitch who isn't very good at shooters, but every game needs people like you so people like me can climb ELO

Yep. If he's a cowboy then they're fucking retarded. Why can't we get some more good character designs like Bomb King or Mal'Damba? They're actually somewhat interesting and unique.

Maeve should have been a catgirl

just adjust your medication and buy some crystals

>maeve is fine, its actually very weak!! leave her alone you are a shitter if you don't find it fun to play against her i want her to never get nerfed!!!!

>literally in the lowest HP pool in the game
>not weak

Nice ad hominem, please grow up someday.

>HP IS WHAT MAKES A CHARACTER STRONG

you've yet to make a single quantifiable argument against her.

Actually, you haven't attempted to suggest any balancing changes to her, you just complain and when people disagree with you you complain more.

"Strength"

noun
the quality or state of being strong; bodily or muscular power; vigor.
mental power, force, or vigor.
moral power, firmness, or courage.
power by reason of influence, authority, resources, numbers, etc.
number, as of personnel or ships in a force or body:
a regiment with a strength of 3000.
effective force, potency, or cogency, as of inducements or arguments:
the strength of his plea.
power of resisting force, strain, wear, etc.

>waah I can't kill her by myself so she's broken

Just fucking team up on her and she's destroyed in no time

How about her having fall off on her daggers, her cooldowns increased or her double jump removed. Any of those would work, as it is now its just a better flank than everyone else, a straight upgrade over every other flanker.

Evie is on par and in some circumtances better than her.

>Just fucking team up on her and she's destroyed in no time

You could make this argument defending any OP character they release in the future.

What i liked about this game is that most champions have pretty even chances against most other champions.

Maeve comes and has clear ways to come up on top against a good portion of all the champions available and then you try to come here and tell people that its just fine, that she can be killed, you're right she can be killed but there's no reason for her to be so strong that she always has the advantage and better chances to win against most champions.

Yeah i have never seen an Evie pull 100k-150k damage consistently so you're wrong.

Strong Maeves can even pull more than 150k.

Although I agree on having damage falloff on her daggers, there's literally no reason for the others nerfs to be a viable option.
her entire gimmick is fucking up somebody and leaping to another person or leaving the scene as soon as possible, that's the whole concept of being a flanker.

>Yeah i have never seen an Evie pull 100k-150k damage consistently so you're wrong.
You literally just confessed to being a shitter who hasn't passed the 1,500 elo barrier yet, playing with and agaisnt bad players whom can't deal with Maeve.

Yet, so far, you refuse to give us your username.

They should wait until the next two champs come out before they do anything drastic because they both sound like good anti-flanks: Lawman can lock on to her while she is jumping around and Barrier Tank can put up walls and slow her if she gets anywhere close. That is before you even start talking about the crazy buffs coming in the next update to everyone for season 1.

Fernando is my amigo.

Maybe you just keep going up against people who know what they're doing? I know whenever I play Maeve (so far three times) I'm lucky if I get a 1:1 k/d, and more than 20k damage. The daggers aren't that easy to aim, and if you miss your pounce you end up in a wall more often than not. Plus, prowl wears off the second you do anything other than jump around and run. I mean, sure she's annoying to fight if you're a low-hp champ (Skye's got a noose around her neck unless she keeps moving, same with Kinessa), but as long as you keep making the guy playing Maeve turn around then they have a hell of a time hitting you.

you want my username so you can nitpick anything without having played a single time with me like most Veeky Forums shitters, your type is found on every general you talk like you're this god tier player but in game i doubt you ever amount to anything substantial.

he's the best for the best

I'm not "godtier" player, and I'm not afraid to give out my username.
because unlike you, I'm not a scaredy-cat shitter.

paladins.guru/profile/pc/AugustVoile/matches

>all this bickering about Maeve this and Maeve that

I'm glad she's universally hated now. That just leaves best girl title to my girl.

>The daggers aren't that easy to aim
nothing personal, but.... wut
they have huge hitbox, the only thing i would nerf about maeve is just that - make it harder to aim, right now general direction works

Ying is a cute!

>most champions have pretty even chances against most other champions.

Try putting a fucking Torvald or Makoa against a low-HP character and see what happens

Or try fucking up a Sha Lin with Fernando

She will always be best girl, user

Depending on the range, they actually hit a bit below where the crosshairs are and have a very gradual arch. Plus, with how long they take to "fire", the person you're aiming at has already likely moved. Now, this isn't really a problem for the people who can actually get behind you and dagger/pounce/dagger/ninelives/pounce/dagger reliably, but for me it's a problem.
Torvald, I've found, is a fairly natural counter to Maeve since his beam tracks, he can seal her skills/attacks for a brief moment, and he's got more than enough "health" to tank the majority of her combo. Pair that with a hook and Maeve's toast.

>Or try fucking up a Sha Lin with Fernando

I play fernando and use a fireball build and i really have no trouble with Shalins.

Also that proves nothing Maeve just has a favorable matchup against too many champions.

>Maeve instalocker

kek i knew it

Also my name is mermoco, if i cared about elo or any bullshit like that i'd play on a monitor rather than my slow ass HDTV.

When did I deny I instalocked her?
after all, what does that prove?

>recent played champions
>Maeve = 14 times

oh no

Yeah, dude.
I play the champion that was released two days ago that's in my favourite category, which I've waited for long for a new character.

...still doesn't prove anything.

You have to play a champion to know what it is like, maybe if you tried that instead of just complaining you would do better.

Yeah proves nothing at all right?

You defending an obviously broken champion just becaue its on your favorite class when you KNOW its broken, doesnt mean anything correct?

I bet you're the sort of guy that argued the M16 in CoD4 wasn't broken.

I might be a tad bit biased, yes, because I like flankers.

But unless you come up with an argument with a solid base, which you didn't so far(apart from the falloff on the daggers, if that was even you), it means absolutely nothing.

After all, categorizing a champion as "broken" is very situational.
Do you not remember how everyone reacted when Torvald came out with his 9k HP? people who played FL thought he was a god send until they noticed how bad Wrecker could fuck him up.

Elaborate.

I don't have to argue with someone so emotionally invested on an OP character.

I hope you get to play it a lot on this week or two next weeks because its gonna get nerfed to the ground after that.

not an argument lmao

and there i was, thinking i'll make friends in this thread for the party boost.. .

m-MAEVE i-is w-weak! just kill her and thats it problem f-fixed!

But don't nerf it!! STOP COMPLAINING OR HIREZ IS GONNA NOTICE!!

Not if you play Maeve you won't.

>still ad hominem'ing
jesus fuck, dude.

shut up faggots.

Add me anyone who hates Maeve:

mermoco

you sure showed us, Anonymous poster in this Paladins: Champions of the Realm General in the website Veeky Forums!!

i just hope when they do nerf her she doesn't become skye 2.0
i can see an increase in fall-off to her damage or a decrease of it all together but her mobility is pretty much the only thing to keep her from turning into paste in 0.6743 seconds

i am snek, good heals, shitty dmg
or i can play any FL somewhat fine
Viktor is a hit and miss

add me - dontfeelcomfypostingign

Any champion can kill any champion with enough skill, with some disadvantage on either side.
Atleast thats what it was before maeve.

Since maeve can do 2400 damage in a single burst.
Champions with 1800 hp have no chance...
note that it is not maeve alone with 1800 hp, so thats not the saving grace for her high dps since other flankers have 1800hp with less BURST damage then her.

Hitscan currently is the only thing consistently killing her, couple that with high skill of the shooter. Not to mention that a single mistake on the shooter's part, and he will get insta-killed as well.
(i was home for 2 days, played 10 hours x2, so i played against her alot)
(tried her few times near the end of my marathon,it was EZ mode, evie main).

With her double jumps , she has pip's movement ability on all the time, note high jumping is an ability for pip
she gets high jumping for free. 24/7. making aoe very inefficient against her.

every champion, should be able to kill her in frontal combat, well not easily, but the chance should not be 0%.

>match without Maeve on team
what

Looks like mermoco doesn't have any ranked matches.