/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Swadia edition

(Being Raided) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

>OFFICIAL PoP Lorebook
mediafire.com/file/p29dy73cftd197j/Prophesy_of_Pendor_The_Complete_Lore_(regular_edition).pdf
mediafire.com/file/3ffn0odaaqfgq4q/Prophesy_of_Pendor_The_Complete_Lore_(alternate_edition).pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-creators-give-update-on-development-progress/
pastebin.com/yGf6Acvi
sendspace.com/file/zflnvq
sendspace.com/file/582ri7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

why do I get massive frame rate drops during battles in Gekokujo and Gekokujo only?

No problems whatsoever in native and other mods like Swedish Mayo even in bigger battles, so it's not specs or graphics/battle size

it's only battles too -- everything else up to and including the units marching up to fight runs smooth as silk, but when they initiate combat it just drops fast

>Swadia edition
>Even though Welsh user finally completely took over the world for Wales in 1257 AD

We were supposed to honor him.

kicking can't be stopped and interrupts your opponent's swing which gives you a free hit

>lorebooks links in op

gods bless you lad

Guys don't worry bannerlord is coming out this year trust me

pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-creators-give-update-on-development-progress/

"There may be another way to manage all of those things, by limiting the co-op to one kind of campaign. Let people play together as a party and have them always be together. That might be possible and that may be the the only kind of co-op that we can deliver. It’s something we’re experimenting with and that we have worked on. We’ll only officially announce something if we can make it 100% efficient and fun to play though."

Co-op confirmed. Get told.

Are there any mods where snow is a prominent feature on the map?

god this game has shitty combat

for honor pls go

that webm looks like shit because you're watching someone who knows what they're doing fight against a bumbling noob fuck.

t. chivalry

what are you doing in /mbg/ friend

infamous
mountain
blade

>you most likely will not forge a sword named Dank Memes in this decade
>you most likely will not conquer Old Calradia with Dank Memes in this decade

pastebin.com/yGf6Acvi
New pastebin reminder to replace

>you most likely will not forge a sword named Dank Memes in this decade
good

Customizing the kit of a polearm is where the real fun begins.

me on the left
t. alberto barbosa

>You can have a custom ship built, mate.
Yeah, thanks. But that really didn't help either. Guess I'll just have to fuck around for some weeks to get enough money for a crappy ship, then leave half of my troops behind.

Why the fuck do random nobles out of the blue start to dislike me? I'm not even a member of a faction

People are spreading rumors about you.

it keeps happening
I don't even know who this bitter nigger is

Why would they do that?
I'm guessing it's the jarl from Friese involved in the main quest, but what the fuck

What mod has the best Sarranids?

Well, he has like -60 relation with you, and you ruined his plans. Why wouldn't he spread rumors about you? It also works in reverse: I have gained relations with random Lords because Lords I had good relations with said good shit about me.

>Pagans are accepted here

You're a pagan? Raid any monasteries lately? You will lose relations with Christian lords because of that.

native

>he has like -60 relation with you
Try -100
It's an interesting mechanic though, didn't know it was in game. I'm guessing I can do the opposite towards him?

I'm a pagan, but I a good boy and dindu nuffin.

Did anyone ever release any good retextures of the night time sky? It always bothered me, especially in VC. I'm guessing it's the same as in native

Fucking been away for a month and still no bannerlord

Yeah, you can spread rumors about other Lords.

>pick number of knobbly blade spikes
>0 through 20

dead ass general

why would you think it would be out after a month?

What's wrong with for honor?

Redpill me on Medieval Conquests, /mbg/

The floris of 1257

Alright lad, that's all I need to know, good summary, thanks.

Sounds fun desu

fucking ded

>You will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

Getting a bit lewd there, wew.

*****BANNERLORD MAIN QUEST ENDING LEAKED*****
>player character kills bandit leader and approaches the temple atop the mountain
>player goes inside the temple and discovers an ancient engraved stone, with a sword stuck in it
>player pulls the sword from the stone
>Player Character: " At last, I have finally become the Mount & Blade: Bannerlord™©® "

WTF GINGE

HOLY SHIT HAPPENING

PooP is an "odd modd"
What's the point of all these super-powered bandits like Noldor and Dread Legion? It really seems to screw up the civilized nation's armies ability to move around in their own kingdoms. And I daresay Noldor are unfun to fight.

>Noldor
>bandits
this triggers the loremaster

ARMAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

KOEI is having a weekend sale on Steam right now.

elves are niggers

overpowered bandits exist because you can become overpowered bullshit too
just grind

Napoleonic Wars is the funnest part of this game

fite me

nah

How about a Warband mod for Dynasty Warriors?

yeah it is

nw is fun but native is better

So, uh, what is this and how to make the success chances not absolute shit?

I like NW because it naturally forces everyone to cooperate, whereas native multiplayer everyone just goes lone wolf.

I mainly play siege because I like storming castles or defending them Zulu-style

If I remember right they go off your stats
>CHA = beg
>STR = Mug
>AGI = pickpocket
>INT = follow home
I may be wrong though.
Honestly the money you get from going it isn't even worth the time. You'd be better of fighting matches in the arena. Phlpp probably intended to expand it some like the random encounters. To bad he seems to be on a permanent hiatus.

Well I guess there is just no pleasing some people.

In fact, it's one of the few multiplayer games where I actually feel like I'm cooperating with other people to complete a goal.

>Start of the match, people are kindly asking Artillery to shot a certain wall
>Engineers desperately zipping around building cover for others to shoot from behind
>When a breach is made by arty, one crazy, glorious basterd calls everyone to him, leading the charge of half a dozen to a dozen or so people following him
>Everyone actually tries to help one another, by ganging up on enemies with bayonets

NW has the comfiest community sempai

Yeah I get that part. I'm a grinder man. I'm a Tuesday afternoon strip joint nickel and quarter grinder. I don't stop.
But my point was that having these obscenely powerful banditos seems to screw around with the AI armies, even when they're grouped on going on some adventure they scatter and flail about when the Dredd Legg or Le Noble Noldumb show up.

>holding red fort on Waterloo
>enemy starts to retreat back, so I say fuck it and charge them because I want to die to go take a shit before the next round
>kill a few retreating infantry, continue charging towards their arty when I look back and see another 20 dudes following me in the charge while our officer is fucking screaming at us in chat to return to the fort
>our remaining cavalry sees our giant charge, so they decide to join along with a few stragglers from the center who lost their officer in so its like 40 people charging uphill towards enemy artillery who are panicking to get off as many shots as possible and build makeshift fortifications
>completely overrun them and take enemy colors and kill all enemy artillerymen, stranding their remaining troops in the center of the battlefield.
>end up getting slayed by admin for not following officer.
NW is pretty realistic t b h.

I figured it was just money for rob/pickpocket but I had other thoughts about [follow home]. Good to know it's useless I guess.

HIROOOOOOOO

That sounds fucking great.

Which server was that?

I seriously hope TW plans on making a NW for Bannerlord. I dont care how long it takes, it would be worth it.

wtf
she turns into a FROG when I stimulate her
this is too real man
it's hyper-real

jacuck, all I ask of you is that you finish sayazn in my lifetime

>I seriously hope TW plans on making a NW for Bannerlord
why would they do that when they didn't make NW for Warband?

[follow home] just means you rob burglarize the place. I do believe this one pays the most of the four, if I remember.
I was hoping for lewd myself

By the time it is done the rest of us will be playing PooP2: The DLC on Bannerlord.

JUST 20 HOURS OF CODING AWAY FROM RELEASE!!!!
- October 30, 2016

Why do I only want to play Warband, even though my backlog is full of fantastic games? Am I autistic?

>frogposting
The answer is yes

>Why do I only want to play Warband
Because it's one of the few open world games with a truly dynamic world, and the pleasure of climbing the dominance hierarchy to become #1 big guy

>Am I autistic?
Yes

>user's mods and upstab guide:
>Upstab, animated guns for Blood & Gold: Caribbean!
>vertex animated guns
How is this done? Was this one of those things that is already there like upstab but just not used?

>playing Warband unironically
>autistic
pick both

She's twenty years old.
He's twelve.

Is this real?

ss is GOAT

hadn't played this in a while, forgot i fixed the gauntlets, pretty sure this is in the submod though
it's because firearms in caribbean (and some mods, such as NW though in NW pistols use the firearms slot) use the crossbow slot, which supports vertex animation
there's also a .ini setting that changes crossbows to act as firearms, which is why guns in these mods don't need a script effect for sound/smoke
the firearms slot (which is used by firearms in some mods such as native or geko) does not

NO

trainning knighthood orders is such shit
100% not worth it

It's been awhile since I last played, only played PoP and Floris. What's a mod I should play if I want fun___

>forgot i fixed the gauntlets
Fixed them how?

>use the crossbow slot, which supports vertex animation
Ah so then this wouldn't work in a mod that has guns AND crossbows.

>there's also a .ini setting that changes crossbows to act as firearms, which is why guns in these mods don't need a script effect for sound/smoke
the firearms slot does not

Can you elaborate? Does this just...automatically apply the script to crossbows or is there something that muskets/pistols lack that requires them to need a script?

Were you able to use OpenBrf to seperate the meshes parts and separate the cock or did you have to edit the mesh yourself somehow?

>Fixed them how?
originally there was a notable gap between the gauntlet and the cuff, they weren't close enough together
>Ah so then this wouldn't work in a mod that has guns AND crossbows.
not as far as i'm aware and haven't seen
>Can you elaborate?
because crossbows already have sounds that play, no idea about the smoke but it just works
>or is there something that muskets/pistols lack that requires them to need a script?
this is part of it, firearms is kind of "incomplete" functionally in comparison to crossbows due to lacking these features, it also scales with proficiency for not only accuracy and load speed but damage
>Were you able to use OpenBrf to seperate the meshes parts and separate the cock or did you have to edit the mesh yourself somehow?
i split them into separate meshes and did the old slow way of making vertex animated meshes
took a while too because i wanted to make sure all the parts line up how they're supposed to in a flintlock/wheellock/snaplock/matchlock mechanism

Why aren't you a CUNT?
Is it because you only make mods of mods like me
and not full-on mods?

>Is it because you only make mods of mods
i mean you could say some of the stuff i did is big enough to be a full mod, and i'm working on our MP meme mod now since 1257 is done planning on doing something i'm sure everything will enjoy
also here's the fixed gauntlets

Should of just used the ones I did in GekoNewer. baka desu senpai.

>i mean you could say some of the stuff i did is big enough to be a full mod
Maybe it is the module system that turns people into CUNTs and drives people like DickplomacyAnon insane?
Did Armagan make some sort of pact with some evil power to make Mount & Blade such a huge success? Is this the cause of the madness? Has the pact expired? Is this why Bannerlord is taking so long? He no longer has dark forces helping him spread insanity?

>since 1257 is done
LoliAnon if you read this I am still waiting for your sub-submod before I can play this!

Fuck, I have a bunch of bolt-action rifles in my mod and now I want that shit.

didn't realize you fixed them, but its been a while since i added that
>Maybe it is the module system that turns people into CUNTs and drives people like DickplomacyAnon insane?
have to do modsys for the MP mod and it's not as bad as i thought
but i've never really done programming before, i think that guy and the guy who did persistent troops had coding experience

a bolt would be a much more complex animation than a match/flint lock.

what mod are you making that has bolt-actions?

>player pulls the sword from the stone
absolutely disgusting

Alright I've spent the last month playing the fuck out of perisno and I'm ready to move on.
Reccomendations for next fantasy mod. Please No PoP or Warsword, ones shit and my computer cant run the latter.

>what mod are you making that has bolt-actions?
sendspace.com/file/zflnvq
sendspace.com/file/582ri7

based off red wars source?

Does anyone have that picture of what cattle look like in battle? Or any picture of it really.