Would trying to daily drive an old bronco a mistake...

would trying to daily drive an old bronco a mistake? My dad had same exact one when i was a kid and always thought it was cool as fuck. He ended up trading it in to dealer for new 2000 chevy Tahoe

My uncle does.
To be fair, its on its second engine and under 150k miles on the odo.
New engine is about 50k so far and barely runs

depends on how much you want to blow on gas

i daily drove a 1990 f-250 for 2 years and spent about 40$ every 2 weeks filling it up

70$ if it had to do more than the 14 mile highway drive to work and back.

been wanting to buy one, any idea what engine options were on eddie bauers and if any should be avoided? i want an earlier boxy one 1990 and below

>would trying to daily drive 30 year old, solid axle, ancient v8 a mistake?
I don't know, you tell me!

i drive a mere 30 miles a day mon-fri, i have other cars aswell

eh you will probably be fine then, these old fords were pretty damn reliable even when they get old

i never once regretted daily driving my 90 ford v8 truck.

even when it was below zero she would fire up every day, never once broke down to the point it would leave me stranded, and hell i still use the truck when i need to haul or tow something.

truck currently has 300k miles

All 3 engine options are reliable as hell.
The 300 straight six and 302 v8 are a bit underpowered in a pick up, not sure in a bronco though.
The 351 windsor was better than the 460 in a truck imo.
Biggest problem is the twin i beam front end. Radius arm mounts will likely need replaced.
Get an automatic though, the m5OD was a turd.
Interior is meh, what you would expect from an 80s/90s american truck.

Also regardless of which engine or transmission you have, youre gonna get 10-12 mpg.
I had a 302 5 speed manual standard cab long bed 4x4.
10mpg
A 300 4speed auto standard cab long bed 4x4
351 3speed auto crew cab long bed 2x4
...you guessed it
Didnt matter if it was city, highway, empty, towing, offroading
Fucking. 10.

Your uncle should learn to maintain a vehicle properly.

>Trips
>Speaking of the 10mpg averages in older Ford trucks

It's true. My 351C and 3speed auto 4x4 long bed gets 9.9mpg.

I've managed 11 mpg average on a 200 mile trip in my 2wd 351 v8 f-250

Other than that it's given me about 8 mpg in the city

94 F150 regular cab 4X4 with a 351 and an automatic. 31x10.50R15 tires.

When we got it, 11.2 MPG. After I did the "Six Liter" tune-up, it skyrocketed to 15.9! No shit! That's a 40% increase.

I daily a 94 bronco 302 with the auto that I paid 600 for and have had no major issues, also got it with more than 200000 on the clock and original engine and trans

>Also regardless of which engine or transmission you have, youre gonna get 10-12 mpg.
I've been getting a solid 15 mpg in my 1988 F-150 302/AOD 2WD extended cab.

This is why you might as well just get the 460 instead.

Then it goes down to 7

My dads 91 always got 9 in town and 11 on the highway if he kept around 90km/h, with the 5 speed

I can believe that. My dad's '75 f250 camper special got 7 on a good day

Meanwhile my 73 F100 with the 360 only got an average of 100 miles a tank in town. Sad to say I no longer own it

>tfw the '75 could couldn't switch between fuel tanks and could only use the 10 gallon reserve
Only had it because it looked cool really. Need to find pics fuck

Just dont be an idiot like my step brother. He owned two broncos, and he flipped both of them with in months of owning them.