ITT: The most misinformation you've ever seen about cars and automotive subjects...

ITT: The most misinformation you've ever seen about cars and automotive subjects. I am dumber for having read these shitty comments.

>Trucks need more torque than cars

>7:08

Diesel is less polluting than petrol

Mustang can turn

>pushrods need to go to the same hole they came out from

>yeah nah mate u dont need to replace that air filter just wash it out she'll be right
>end up filling the cylinders with water
never listened to that stupid cunt ever again

>Automation will replace drivers in 10 years.

I'm an old geezer and this tabloid content has been around since the 90s. Did you know that adaptive cruise control has been around for like 30 years and still hasn't taken control of a majority of the market? The Government wouldn't even allow Audi to put automatic headlights in their car without a manual switch. Do you really think we are going to see cars without steering wheels taking over the market in 10 years? Hahahaha

That's what's spread here, although I can see why they do it:

>Major refinery in the country imports oil, which we don't produce, but exports back refined petrol only, because no one wants diesel
>Since there is lack of petrol and excess of diesel now, not only the latter is significantly cheaper, but also fud is spread about diesel being less harmful to the environment

>a smaller, lighter, machine hauling less needs more torque

Premium fuel cleans your engine.

My boomer dad had no idea what the number actually meant until I explained it to him.

you're equally as much the stupid cunt here

It's called a gearbox.

For instance, we have small dump trucks that gross at 8 tons that only have 200 lbs ft and they restart on 30 degree hills. Do you think a c6 Z06 corvette could pull 4 tons up a hill that steep from a standstill?

We're talking two vehicles that are supposed to reach and hold the same speeds, not a big work tool vs a sportscar

Could you explain what the number does mean? I just got a car and try to learn

octane refers to resistance to burn

you dont want the fuel to burn before the spark hits due to compression

high octane, more it wont ping (preignite) in your fully sick 100000:1 compression d16y

look at your cars manual to see what fuel your car runs best on

99% of what's posted on Veeky Forums.

>cars without steering wheels

Nah, it's not gonna be like that. It's going to be like a normal car, with the steering with, with an option for manual input from the driver, because humans don't trust technology THAT much. And they'll be a mainstay on the road in about 10 years if legislation is smooth, and 20 if it gets jammed up

An M1 Abrams tank weighs well over 60 tons and only makes ~300 ft-lbs of torque (most of the numbers you see are at the output shaft of the integrated 7.5:1 reducer gear). And yet it can still reach freeway speeds on even ground, thanks to its 1500 horsepower.

Torque is literally irrelevant, and it's an accident of circumstance (and marketing targeted at uninformed consumers) that trucks often have more torque than cars.

Bump.

The only thing that determines the intrinsic worth of a car is the cost as a ratio to available horsepower.

Liking a car for unquantifiable reasons must mean there's no logical or defensible reason for liking that car.

The car you like a shit.

That's not wrong but neither will it bite you in the ass every time if you don't. However, all it takes is that one time where you have a tap/knock after reassembly that wasn't there before and you'll wish you had put everything back the way it was when you started the job.