>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Are you new to bikes? Read this:

>Webbums with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/barossa-area/motorcycles/1981-yamaha-xj550-unfinished-project-in-a-box-/1140509163
youtube.com/watch?v=H93kPnDQEqA
harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/street-rod.html
xlforum.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bikers r gay

*cruiser riders are gay.

ded

Should I?

Apparently they are mental bikes. Do it.

Why doesn't Yamaha get with the times and make their V Star bikes fuel injected? Would be nice if they innovated off of their current engines and added a 6th gear overdrive for them as well...

>bike is supposed to be ready today
>still no call from dealership

I guess my first ride will be next Friday then, can't register the fazer this week )^:

Why not call them?

>cruiser line
>get with the times

you missed the point of cruisers

they're supposed to be dated shit. the moment you start making a cruiser good, you start making it into a standard.

Thoughts on sub 10k Goldwings 2001 and newer? I didn't get a response previous thread so asking again.

Called them, I can pick it up later and maybe register it tomorrow

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/barossa-area/motorcycles/1981-yamaha-xj550-unfinished-project-in-a-box-/1140509163

Would this be a bad idea for a first bike? I'm mostly competent with wrenching

What's even the question? My rights are that they are motorcycles.

I don't think that someone else's unfinished hackjob would be a good idea, what kind of bike are you looking to get?

Some road bike with a capacity of 350-650, have restrictions for the first few years where I live, 650cc and/or some power to weight figure

I think he means that you don't want to be the guy to finish someone else's project. It's a pain in the ass

What do you think of the SV650, Fz-07 or Ninja 650?

Yes. You want to ride your first bike, not assemble an ikea bike and find out you didn't use a bolt.
Get something cheap, running and Japanese.

Czech'd

t. cager hacked by CIA

SV650

>thicc

probably doesn't comply to the AUS license restriction

>License restrictions

Get one with the LAMS ecu
swap it out for the full power one when you want to

don't forget to filter kit kat

OBESE

Bikes are still pretty alien to me at the moment.

Already been recommended the sv650. can't legally ride the FZ-07 for my first few years on the roads.

Aesthetics shouldn't matter for my first bike that I'll probably highside while pushing it to the back yard. I'll just go something cheap and jap then

don't talk about my dog that way

GS500 then

how long will you be on LAMS for?
SV650 can be found relatively cheap and you can de-restrict them to the full ~75bhp for about $200 and ten minutes of work

Sv650 is a great first bike.

Chocolate lab is best doggo

probably not

Has anyone ridden one of these?
How well do they hold up, drive, handle?
Pros? Cons?

Also why did they ever stop production of these smaller displacement bikes? Seems like they would be extremely profitable by appealing to commuters, new riders, and people who just want to try riding motorcycles for fun but not be too committed.

Americans grew too heavy to be perambulate by means of small displacement motorbikes

what country are you in? seems like everywhere but the US has 125CC bikes all over because of license restrictions.

youtube.com/watch?v=H93kPnDQEqA

bi-monthly inspiration repost.

Grom a shit though

>Also why did they ever stop production of these smaller displacement bikes? Seems like they would be extremely profitable by appealing to commuters, new riders, and people who just want to try riding motorcycles for fun but not be too committed.

Because every chinky company started to make copies, and when you can buy a reliable Vietnamese copy for $500 brand new or a Chinese copy for under $400 where is the profit?

So HD is actually trying to make a standard motorcycle. I actually like its look.

harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/street-rod.html

i mean what advantage do those bikes have over the CBR125? you get a bike that looks like a bigger bike o people can't tell you're on a tiny bike, and don't get mistaken for a hipster riding a "cafe racer" as these older style of light bikes have been renamed

>I actually like its look.

and just think how everyone will call it a "girl's bike"

I meant as in that price point will they have too many miles, too worn down, riddled with problems etc. I probably should have been more specific.

>If you're going to hit it, hit it hard. The All-new Street Rod™ is built to take you to the edge. It's got a new High Output Revolution X™ engine that redlines your adrenaline level at 9000 rpm. Drag style bars with bar-end mirrors, new 43 mm inverted front forks and piggyback reservoir rear shocks let you shred traffic like you're starring in your getaway scene. One twist of the throttle and you'll never look back.

SHRED TRAFFIC

>mfw I bought a HD 1200 custom as my first bike and all the guys at the dealership monthly bike meet laughed at me behind my back and told me that only girls buy/ride sportsters

But my cruiser is fi with 6 gears. What does it mean!!!

It's means you have a cruiser with all of the today's modern innovations that make a polished diamond that much better.

You meam polished turd?

You'd be better off looking and asking forums, or at least posting the ad here.

It all depends on how a bike was maintained and ridden. A 19k wing that has never had an oil change is a much worse buy them a 55k mile example that has been maintained flawlessly

To each their own.
As long as I'm on two wheels I don't give a shit.

>SV650
Probably the best all-rounder of the 3. Can lean and accelerate good enough
>Fz-07
Can't lean for much due to sub-par suspension but it's a good city hoon machine
>Ninja 650
Would be the best for longer highway riding trips, but slower and no knee dragging

>Assmad Nissan fangirl detected

you can upgrade the suspension on the Fz-07, i've seen a set a cartridge forks that are just drop in.

Why can't the Ninja drag knee? the old one probably has higher pegs than both the FZ and the SV

>slower and no knee dragging

no, the old one did this fine and the newer one is like 20kg lighter or something and has better suspension.

honestly where do you people come up with this shit.

>you have to upgrade the suspension straight out of the factory in order for a bike to be good
nah it's a good bike i swear

Can't remember how many times I chrashed the bike, had the same exact model and color. My rim stickers were red tho. Fun beginner bike. Faster in the corners than aprilia rs.

If it's a first bike, is not like you'll know the difference

Why go through the trouble? There are so many bikes on the market, one is sure to fit every need perfectly without having to drop more money into it.

it's also a waste of money

yeah, because no one swaps a GSXR front end onto an SV650

Eh I rode the 2015 model for a few hours and the rear end felt floaty as hell. Terrible read out of it and you can never feel what it's doing.

If new, yes, if used, not a bad choice.

no one with a brain does, cartridge emulators and racetech springs work better for less.

You can get GSXR front ends for like $100 and it still handles pretty good without it. Stock FZ07 is good for wheelies and looking like a douche and that's about it.

>Why doesn't Yamaha get with the times and make their V Star bikes fuel injected?

Because their customers aren't autistic about EFI. Go buy something different if carbs kick your ass. No need for overdrive because those engines don't need low RPMs to survive. Retooling to add it would be absurd.

Keeping cruisers the same helps build aftermarket support over time, which in turn makes for more sales because buyers know they have aftermarket support.

>naked, naked, faired

wouldn't the z650 be the better comparison for this class? Though I guess the z650 is just a naked n650 anyway

Gold Wing forums exist. This is not a Gold Wing forum. This is /dbt/. Buy a DRZ. Honda a shit.

Really, you are choosing the second worst possible resource by asking here. The worst possible resource would be a place where no one sends you to brand specific forums.

Pick model which interests you, goto forums, look for problems (no model of anything has no problems) and check out what owners like.

that doesn't mean they can't lean or bloody drag knee because they'll do both fine.

+ the new Z650 has totally different (read: linkage rear) suspension and again, weighs much less.

You have to give them credit for giving the non-cruiser market a shot.

I worked on those when they were new, and that's not new and it's been raped.

Buy a runner and use your wrench-fu to ensure drivetrain is healthy. I don't worry about cosmetics since bike bodywork is so easy to fix or replace, but you don't want to do engine work because they aren't worth rebuilding.

Cool your jets, it was hyperbole.

Shopping around for my first bike, thinking about getting a new Duke 390, 2017 or 2016. It will be used daily for commuting. Thoughts?

totally, and it looks like that one might even be able to handle, but the salesmen and Harley owners are always going to give people who buy those bikes shit

>*posts KTM reliability meme*

POO

do it, tell us about it. How much is it going for?

>1 cylinder
if it was a v-twin it would be GOAT but it must shake like hell being a 400cc single.

Dealers don't know shit about Sportster history. Visit xlforum for people who do.

Most modern Harley riders are ignorant and think advertising and memes are truth.

Link is down today for whatever reason:

xlforum.net/

Normies don't care, sadly.

Take a rider course no matter what you buy.

It honestly still looks like a cruiser-type motorcycle to me.

Looks way too long to be a standard and the foot pegs still look like they're in front.

Finally bought my first bike.
> 2002 Ducati Monster 620
> 2800 miles
> $2850
Rode it yesterday morning for a bit and couldn't be happier other than some possible gunk built up in the fuel system from not being ridden much.
Took it to the shop yesterday so I could get it running like a top for riding season. Here's what I'm having done.
> timing belt changed
> all fluids flushed (br,cl,oil,fuel)
> New filters
> injectors cleaned
> valve job
> chain greased
> maybe reflash the ecu? Don't remember
> I'm sure something else I'm not thinking of
Gonna run me $600
And I need new tires because the set that's on there are 15+ years old.
Couple questions...
Is there anything you guys think I should have done that I haven't listed?
What fuel would you recommend running?

$5k CAD new with ABS.

Congratulations. Read your owners manual, the recommended fuel will be in there

>weight
>516 lbs
>power:
>doesn't say they only post the torque

what province?

BC

it probably needs tires too if it's been sitting that long and not being ridden they're probably dry rotted to hell but you'll easily be able to tell by looking for cracks in them.

I'd install some frame sliders so when you inevitably drop it you don't scratch it to fuck, they're a good investment.

Also you should buy a shop manual and start doing some maintenance yourself otherwise it's going to get pricey quick.

Don't buy new for firstbike

Never had a bike in my life, never ride one. I want to buy a bike but it's pretty far away from my home. How do you even transport bikes?

Hello fellow cuck